MintBaconDrivel
10 years ago

It's the offseason dog days of June, about a month removed from the NFL Draft and a month before the start of the NFL Training Camps, including that for the Green Bay Packers. So you know what that means — it's time for everyone to put out their "best of' lists. We won't disappoint here [...]

LombardiAve  wrote:

nerdmann
10 years ago
Majik Man was great.

He shouldn't be downgraded because of the injuries. He left it all out there on the field.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
10 years ago
I will say for most under rated I would have to go with"You may beat our Pack but you won't lick our Dickey" Lynn Dickey was a good qb and he was all we had back in the 80's.

Over rated is a hard one so i will just throw this out there and say the wr corp the past few years. People keep saying they are the best in the league we can go 6 deep blah blah blah. But seriously were they that great I don't think so.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

I will say for most under rated I would have to go with"You may beat our Pack but you won't lick our Dickey" Lynn Dickey was a good qb and he was all we had back in the 80's.

Over rated is a hard one so i will just throw this out there and say the wr corp the past few years. People keep saying they are the best in the league we can go 6 deep blah blah blah. But seriously were they that great I don't think so.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

No, these WRs really are that good.

For underrated, I'll go with Robert Brown. Pretty decent call.

Overrated? Hmm. Robert Brooks? Great guy. Solid Character. Went over the middle. Did everything you could ask. I just don't think he was THAT great. Or let's say Antonio Freeman. Got that big contract and was never the same.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
Oh Hell No! Not another anti-Favre diatribe! Nothing against Majkowski, who did a damn good job for the time he played, but BRETT FAVRE IS THE GREATEST PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY, and will be until Aaron Rodgers continues his own greatness long enough to be placed above Favre.

Robert Brown underrated? I guess - I was certainly around in the 80s, and I honestly don't even remember him hahahaha. I thought at first they meant Bob Brown of the Lombardi era. I sure don't think Robert Brooks is overrated, or Freeman either.

John Hadl has to go down in Packer history as the most overrated, followed closely by Brent Fullwood.

Jerry Kramer wasn't underrated like the article said, despite the unfortunate Hall of Fame thing. My definition of underrated is basically coming out of nowhere to have a long distinguished career. Would a 17th round draft pick who was MVP of two Super Bowls qualify? - THAT'S my candidate.

Bart Starr - in case anybody is reading who has no sense of history.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
10 years ago

Oh Hell No! Not another anti-Favre diatribe! Nothing against Majkowski, who did a damn good job for the time he played, but BRETT FAVRE IS THE GREATEST PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY, and will be until Aaron Rodgers continues his own greatness long enough to be placed above Favre.

Robert Brown underrated? I guess - I was certainly around in the 80s, and I honestly don't even remember him hahahaha. I thought at first they meant Bob Brown of the Lombardi era. I sure don't think Robert Brooks is overrated, or Freeman either.

John Hadl has to go down in Packer history as the most overrated, followed closely by Brent Fullwood.

Jerry Kramer wasn't underrated like the article said, despite the unfortunate Hall of Fame thing. My definition of underrated is basically coming out of nowhere to have a long distinguished career. Would a 17th round draft pick who was MVP of two Super Bowls qualify? - THAT'S my candidate.

Bart Starr - in case anybody is reading who has no sense of history.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Brett Favray was a redneck, we get it. You identify with him.

Doesn't mean he was all that great.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Brett Favray was a redneck, we get it. You identify with him.

Doesn't mean he was all that great.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I was born and raised in Wisconsin hahahaha - which I guess doesn't necessarily rule out being a redneck, but whatever. I tend to look down on most of those people hahahaha.

The sum total of Favre's career is GREATER than any other QB in history, and indisputably greater than anybody else at any position - for the CAREER. I didn't say he was absolutely the best player, just that he accomplished the most - which to me, makes him the GREATEST.

nerdmann
10 years ago

I was born and raised in Wisconsin hahahaha - which I guess doesn't necessarily rule out being a redneck, but whatever. I tend to look down on most of those people hahahaha.

The sum total of Favre's career is GREATER than any other QB in history, and indisputably greater than anybody else at any position - for the CAREER. I didn't say he was absolutely the best player, just that he accomplished the most - which to me, makes him the GREATEST.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

You don't think he was blackmailed to throw the dumbest, most ridiculous (and costly) INTs in the playoffs?
Dexter_Sinister
10 years ago
Favre is the 4th best Packer QB.

Compare how they played in the post season when comparing Starr to Favre.

Starr has the highest post season passer rating in the history of the league.

Favre has the most NFCCG chokes in the history of the league.

Starr also played in an era when it was tougher to throw. The rules make it easier on the WRs and the QBs.

So the NFL average for Favre's era was 12.5 higher than it was in Starr's day.

Arnie Herber was farther above average in his day than Favre was. He also has 3 consecutive championships and hold the record for most yards per completion.

If a mediocre QB has 5000 more attempts than everyone else, he should hold every record. Good and bad. That wouldn't make him a better QB.

Favre was a fairly good QB. But he does have 1800 more attempts than the next highest guy on the list and 5000 more attempts than all but 10 QBs in NFL history. The records only prove he threw it more. Not that he threw it better.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
Sheesh! so much IDIOTIC Favre-hate - and from people supposed to be Packer fans! You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.