Zero2Cool
10 years ago
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Formo
10 years ago
Oh please.. I have seen about 3 or 4 better catches from this year's Twins team. And trust me, that's not saying much.

UserPostedImage

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=27093681 
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
I wouldn't expect you to understand the difficulty of the catch.
UserPostedImage
Formo
10 years ago

I wouldn't expect you to understand the difficulty of the catch.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Sorry, I do, actually. But it's still not as impressive as some of the other catches I've seen.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Sorry, I do, actually. But it's still not as impressive as some of the other catches I've seen.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

I'm actually with you. I don't see what is so great about the catch myself, but was hoping for someone to enlighten me as I thought maybe I am downplaying it cuz I'm so disappointed by the Brewers team in general, lol. The guys on the local radio station here and also in Milwaukee keep saying it's the best catch of the season and won't see it's greatness replicated again for a very long time.

UserPostedImage
Formo
10 years ago

I'm actually with you. I don't see what is so great about the catch myself, but was hoping for someone to enlighten me as I thought maybe I am downplaying it cuz I'm so disappointed by the Brewers team in general, lol. The guys on the local radio station here and also in Milwaukee keep saying it's the best catch of the season and won't see it's greatness replicated again for a very long time.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

One thing we have in common, our MLB teams always leave us disappointed.

But to be fair to your local station's comment, he may have meant it won't be replicated again for a very long time for the Brewers.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
A catch by the CF when it is almost right over his head is a very hard play. Running up that stupid hill doesn't make it any easier because he has to change his stride just as the ball is getting there. He does over play it a little thus the dive to his left. The announcers are adding that to the greatest of the play when it really means he took the wrong angle and had to correct himself. I give him credit for making the adjustment but no additional points because he corrected his mistake.

My wife likes to watch the plays of the week the tend to rave about plays that are not that spectacular. Good or very good but not spectacular. Maybe I am being a little bit of a curmudgeon but I don't care.

They stick crap on their like a guy getting a base hit to win a game. Duh he is suppose to get a hit. They put on someone's 1000, 2000 or 3000th hit. While it is certainly a milestone worth honoring it is not one of the best plays of the week nor any more spectacular than the other hits the guy got. They rave over someone hitting a home run. If someone hits a monster shot that goes about 500 feet or one of only 3 to every leave the ball park (That leaves all home runs at Wrigley out.) ok fine. If someone caps a 6 run bottom of the 9th comeback with a home run, If they hit 3 in a row, ok fine. A shot 335 feet for a routine run doesn't get me excited even when it is a Cardinal who does it. They are big boys. They are suppose to be able to that that.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
I actually think these are better plays. They all took the right angle. They all had to dive to make the catch.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=28113989 

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=28098787 

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=27968645 

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.