Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
10 years ago
This will send DakotaT into a raving tissy fit.

UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
DakotaT
10 years ago
Hardly! This just in, black people hate Republicans, and always will. I wonder if it has anything to do with how they have been treated by guys like Paul Ryan who want to gut every social program currently being used by the blacks?

Do the Teabaggers have a few token black supporters like Elbert Guillroy that serve as window dressing for their claim of being culturally diverse, Formo?
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
I actually have to agree or come closer to agreeing with Dakota on this one. TRUTH and history are on the side of Formo and this good sincere man in the video. However, this is about politics and propaganda - the total sleaze and dishonesty of the horrendously leftist mainstream media. Thus, the 94% rate which the Democrat Party has been able to keep blacks down on the liberal plantation will probably continue indefinitely.

The sick and disgusting result of this is that blacks, who for the most part are good moral people, going to church in greater percentages than whites, detesting abortion and homosexuality, being normal patriotic America-loving Americans, not to mention the ones most adversely affected by loose and liberal immigration policies, END UP SUPPORTING THE GOD DAMNED LEFT WING POLITICIANS WHO ARE DIRECTLY OPPOSED TO THEIR OWN POINT OF VIEW ON ALL THOSE ISSUES. That is a damn shame, but it is a fact that will probably continue as long as the Dems keep successfully using the black overseers to keep their people in chains - figuratively, of course.

The other factor is that to a great extent, Dakota is correct, the Republicans, tea partiers especially, Paul Ryan in particular, have done exactly as Dakota says - advocated severe cuts to Dem/lib social programs. It is a fundamental principal of political science that people vote with their pocketbook ahead of all other issues like the ones I mentioned in the previous paragraph. It's also a fundamental principal of political science that politicians, if they sense hopelessness in winning the votes of a certain demographic, will just say the hell with that demographic, we will do the Ryan thing and try to cut the programs that demographic relishes.

What COULD be - but what WON'T be is this: the link between TAXES and Government Spending should be completely severed. What I mean by that is taxes should be cut to the bone, as Republican supporters would like - economically speaking, we don't need taxes anyway except as a pretext to the world that Americans are willing to pay our own way just a little bit hahahaha. The spending should be financed by DEBT - which it is now to a great extent. Keynesianly speaking, this would inject money to the economy, stimulating growth, and making things better for everybody - not trickle down, but flow up. Politically speaking, it would buy votes - like the damned Dems have for generations - of blacks and other dependent class voters. The Debt? As I have stated numerous times in this forum and a lot of other places, the debt would be repaid - basically turned over and turn over ad infinitum - using dollars backed by our debt instruments. Since the dollar is the reserve currency of the world, we could get away with it, assuming we remain the militarily dominant country of the world so no nation or group of nations could challenge having our dollar as the reserve currency.

Why will this never happen? 1. because this deficit spending thing shouldn't be flaunted too much. Even though we are dominant, we don't want the word to get out too much that we are living off tribute money from the lesser nations of the world, 2. because the God damned leftist mainstream media would STILL twist things around - and blacks and other minorities would be gullible enough to gobble the shit up - that the Republicans wouldn't get credit for it anyway, and 3. there really is that Ryan element of the Republican Party which, not necessarily for racist reasons, but more for jealousy or whatever thinks that keeping the poor people of all colors down enhances their own position on top - the Dakota Doctrine hahahaha.

Basically, however, none of this makes any difference because the Illuminati or the Jewish Bankers or whoever the Insiders are, are pulling the strings, controlling everything, and THEY will simply maintain the Status Quo - and I, for one, LOVE that Status Quo - the Good Life we ALL have.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

Hardly! This just in, black people hate Republicans, and always will. I wonder if it has anything to do with how they have been treated by guys like Paul Ryan who want to gut every social program currently being used by the blacks?

Do the Teabaggers have a few token black supporters like Elbert Guillroy that serve as window dressing for their claim of being culturally diverse, Formo?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Ladies and gents.. Ignorance at it's finest!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago

I actually have to agree or come closer to agreeing with Dakota on this one. TRUTH and history are on the side of Formo and this good sincere man in the video. However, this is about politics and propaganda - the total sleaze and dishonesty of the horrendously leftist mainstream media. Thus, the 94% rate which the Democrat Party has been able to keep blacks down on the liberal plantation will probably continue indefinitely.

The sick and disgusting result of this is that blacks, who for the most part are good moral people, going to church in greater percentages than whites, detesting abortion and homosexuality, being normal patriotic America-loving Americans, not to mention the ones most adversely affected by loose and liberal immigration policies, END UP SUPPORTING THE GOD DAMNED LEFT WING POLITICIANS WHO ARE DIRECTLY OPPOSED TO THEIR OWN POINT OF VIEW ON ALL THOSE ISSUES. That is a damn shame, but it is a fact that will probably continue as long as the Dems keep successfully using the black overseers to keep their people in chains - figuratively, of course.

The other factor is that to a great extent, Dakota is correct, the Republicans, tea partiers especially, Paul Ryan in particular, have done exactly as Dakota says - advocated severe cuts to Dem/lib social programs. It is a fundamental principal of political science that people vote with their pocketbook ahead of all other issues like the ones I mentioned in the previous paragraph. It's also a fundamental principal of political science that politicians, if they sense hopelessness in winning the votes of a certain demographic, will just say the hell with that demographic, we will do the Ryan thing and try to cut the programs that demographic relishes.

What COULD be - but what WON'T be is this: the link between TAXES and Government Spending should be completely severed. What I mean by that is taxes should be cut to the bone, as Republican supporters would like - economically speaking, we don't need taxes anyway except as a pretext to the world that Americans are willing to pay our own way just a little bit hahahaha. The spending should be financed by DEBT - which it is now to a great extent. Keynesianly speaking, this would inject money to the economy, stimulating growth, and making things better for everybody - not trickle down, but flow up. Politically speaking, it would buy votes - like the damned Dems have for generations - of blacks and other dependent class voters. The Debt? As I have stated numerous times in this forum and a lot of other places, the debt would be repaid - basically turned over and turn over ad infinitum - using dollars backed by our debt instruments. Since the dollar is the reserve currency of the world, we could get away with it, assuming we remain the militarily dominant country of the world so no nation or group of nations could challenge having our dollar as the reserve currency.

Why will this never happen? 1. because this deficit spending thing shouldn't be flaunted too much. Even though we are dominant, we don't want the word to get out too much that we are living off tribute money from the lesser nations of the world, 2. because the God damned leftist mainstream media would STILL twist things around - and blacks and other minorities would be gullible enough to gobble the shit up - that the Republicans wouldn't get credit for it anyway, and 3. there really is that Ryan element of the Republican Party which, not necessarily for racist reasons, but more for jealousy or whatever thinks that keeping the poor people of all colors down enhances their own position on top - the Dakota Doctrine hahahaha.

Basically, however, none of this makes any difference because the Illuminati or the Jewish Bankers or whoever the Insiders are, are pulling the strings, controlling everything, and THEY will simply maintain the Status Quo - and I, for one, LOVE that Status Quo - the Good Life we ALL have.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Well, last I saw, they were borrowing trillions of dollars a year. So you are getting that part of your wish, aren't you.

Agree with you on tax reductions, though. :)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Well, last I saw, they were borrowing trillions of dollars a year. So you are getting that part of your wish, aren't you.

Agree with you on tax reductions, though. :)

Originally Posted by: Wade 

As a libertarian/anarchist/whatever, what is your p.o.v. on the conspiracy theory stuff (last paragraph)? True or false, Good or evil?

What's you p.o.v. on Keynesian Economics - applicable to tax cutting? applicable to spending? applicable to both? not applicable at all? Why in each case?

What's your p.o.v. on the Dakota Doctrine - there is an element among the political "good guys" which puts down poor people, black and otherwise, just for their own self-aggrandizement? common or rare among tea partiers?

Do you concur that the Status Quo is a beautiful wonderful thing in this country? Or are you dissatisfied, and if so, for what reason?
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
10 years ago

As a libertarian/anarchist/whatever, what is your p.o.v. on the conspiracy theory stuff (last paragraph)? True or false, Good or evil?

I don't believe there are evil people out there conspiring to keep the poor down and take all their wealth. That makes for good movies and even better space opera novels (both of which I enjoy immensely), but its both lousy economics and lousy history. Rich people have opportunities that the rest of us don't. That's just a fact of life, and while I'm envious of those opportunities, I'm not of the mind to deny them to others just because I don't have them. And frankly, if rich people were to conspire to take other people's wealth, they probably would be better off conspiring to take the wealth of dumb rich people than either smart or dumb poor people -- because rich people have more wealth to take.

What's you p.o.v. on Keynesian Economics - applicable to tax cutting? applicable to spending? applicable to both? not applicable at all? Why in each case?

Keynes had a better solution in 1933 than Hoover/Roosevelt. The big reason we had the Great Depression is that the Fed stomped on the growth of money at the very time it should have expanded it. In the 1930s there was a "liquidity trap."

However, being the solution in 1933 doesn't make it the solution in 2006-2013.

As for fiscal policy (taxes or government spending), he was wrong. Economic growth comes because of innovation on the supply side, not by stimulating the demand side. Increasing taxes chills innovation. As for spending, my belief it is not the amount of spending that matters, it is what the money is spent on. If the people who are the best at doing something (i.e., can do it at the lowest opportunity cost) happen to be the recipients of the spending, then government spending is a good idea, if they aren't, it isn't. Thus, spending on the marines to do the national defense thing is a really good use of funds, much better than spending it on mercenaries who read Soldier of Fortune.

Now I tend to think there are very few of those situations. Building of interstate highways, building the Hoover Dam, some national parks. Some courts. (The most precise term for what I am is a "minarchist" (short for "believes that there are some "minimum" roles for government.)

And I tend to think most of transfer payments (approximately half of all government spending) are NOT transferring money from those who do things at a higher opportunity cost to those who do things with a lower one. I generally believe transfer payments are a *bad* thing.

(Which is part of the reason Dakota and others like to call me uncompassionate. [grin1] )

Keynes was also wrong in his notions that one could use fiscal policy to smooth out the business cycle. For the opportunity cost reason and because that kind of short term economic manipulation requires timing and information policy makers simply don't have.

What's your p.o.v. on the Dakota Doctrine - there is an element among the political "good guys" which puts down poor people, black and otherwise, just for their own self-aggrandizement? common or rare among tea partiers?

By good guys you mean whom? lib good guys, conservative good guys, both?

The problem with politicians is they like power. Sometimes because they think that power will allow them to get the social/economic/strategic outcomes they believe the country needs, sometimes because they just like power for its own sake. I think the latter are far less prevalent than usually portrayed -- I tend to think people in politics generally do things because they tend to believe what they are doing are the right things to do. (Man is inherently fallen/sinful, not inherently evil.)

I simply think they value power-based "solutions" far too highly. I tend to believe that voluntary interaction gets far more "good" accomplished, than using coercive power to "make people do good" does. Acton said that power corrupts, but he meant it in two ways. It doesn't just corrupt the person with the power. It corrupts the interactions between people more generally. "Power" solutions tend to reduce decisions to zero-sum games. Voluntary interaction (e.g., trade) tends to be a positive-sum game.

If I'm watching a Packer game, I want a zero-sum game with the Packers winning. But in just about everything else, I want win-win solutions. And politics to me is, almost always, a zero-sum game with "some gotta win, and some gotta lose." Because everyone can't have power; if someone has it, someone else doesn't.

And that to me is why power is corrupting.

Do you concur that the Status Quo is a beautiful wonderful thing in this country? Or are you dissatisfied, and if so, for what reason?

No I do not.

The greatest part of this country IMO is that Americans have regularly refused to be satisfied with the status quo. For most of its history this country has epitomized a world view that to an unprecedented degree (in historical terms) values innovation and the "creative destruction" of entrepreneurship. That to an unprecedented degree is willing to accept criticism from both within and from outside. That to an unprecedented degree has accepted diversity and difference, not in the politically correct sense of "diverse protected groups of race, religion, gender, etc." but in the real sense of voluntary association (Tocqueville's point) and individual difference. America wasn't built, America didn't grow, America didn't become the world economic leader, America didn't become the only surviving "Superpower" by conforming to the status quo ante. America did and became all the things because Americans have, over and over again, millions of times, been willing to say, "to hell with the way things have been done before, there's a better way and we're going to make it happen.

Oh, along the way, a lot of those people saying "to hell with the old way" have been loons, deluded idiots, and dangerous subversives. Absolutely. But America has grown to be great, and it has stayed great because it has allowed those loons, idiots, and subversives to do what they do. Because some of those loons, idiots, and subversives have turned out to have it correct.

Like those loons we call the Founders. Like the loons and dangerous subversives that were the original Tea Partiers. Like the loons who were willing to risk it all on the Frontier, who believed that man could fly, who thought man could land on the moon and return safely.

Am I dissatisfied with this country? I'm dissatisfied with my job, and what I've made [or rather failed to make] of the gifts God gave me as an individual. Profoundly so.

But dissatisfied with this country? Only to the extent that we seem to have been overrun by the naysayers. In my opinion, ours is a time of opportunities with maybe one precedent in human history, the original Industrial Revolution. And unlike Britain circa 1800, where they were starting from a point of historical poverty, we are starting from a point of unprecedented wealth. Not just in the sense of purchasing power, but in terms of life expectancy, health care, and especially in terms of opportunity.

If I were 18, without a penny to my name, *this* is the time and the place I'd choose to be.

Despite the sewer that is Washington DC and American political decisionmaking, despite the screwed up educational system, despite the profound ignorance which my fellow citizens demonstrate daily with respect to history and economics (damn straight I'm an elitist: I don't believe Americans are evil or stupid; but I do believe we're generally damnably ignorant).

Individuals, voluntary associations, people willing to say the hell with the status quo, people who saw power as something always needing to be limited not something to be increased or re-distributed, people who valued trade and craft and innovation -- THOSE are what made the country great.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
porky88
10 years ago

This will send DakotaT into a raving tissy fit.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

I know you were looking rile up Dakota, but the southern strategy kept African Americans from the party. You can’t cherry pick the first 100 years of a political party and literally ignore, you know, the last 50 years. Political Parties change in order to win. That's why they exist. The Republicans did 50 years ago. They’ll do so again and probably sooner rather than later. That fight seems to be ongoing, especially regarding the current immigration bill and gay rights.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

I know you were looking rile up Dakota, but the southern strategy kept African Americans from the party. You can’t cherry pick the first 100 years of a political party and literally ignore, you know, the last 50 years. Political Parties change in order to win. That's why they exist. The Republicans did 50 years ago. They’ll do so again and probably sooner rather than later. That fight seems to be ongoing, especially regarding the current immigration bill and gay rights.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

Good Point about the "southern strategy". However, I would suggest that strategy was a product of the political reality - then and now - that winning the black vote is hopeless for the Republicans - for the reasons I suggested in the earlier post - mainly blame the God damned leftist media, but also the gullibility of the huge majority of blacks - voting AGAINST their own interests and beliefs - allowing themselves to stay enslaved on the liberal plantation, thanks to the black liberal overseers who dutifully deliver the vote. Looking at the situation and seeing the hopelessness, Republicans invoked the Southern Strategy, basically re-enfranchising southern Democrats who were disrespected and ostracized in their own party.

DakotaT
10 years ago

Good Point about the "southern strategy". However, I would suggest that strategy was a product of the political reality - then and now - that winning the black vote is hopeless for the Republicans - for the reasons I suggested in the earlier post - mainly blame the God damned leftist media, but also the gullibility of the huge majority of blacks - voting AGAINST their own interests and beliefs - allowing themselves to stay enslaved on the liberal plantation, thanks to the black liberal overseers who dutifully deliver the vote. Looking at the situation and seeing the hopelessness, Republicans invoked the Southern Strategy, basically re-enfranchising southern Democrats who were disrespected and ostracized in their own party.

Republicans aren't going to get any of the minority vote because the minorities know that Party does not consider them equal in any way shape or form. They have waged a war on women, immigration, and poverty. Somebody please explain the righteous qualities of GOP, because I certainly don't see any. And the only real attribute I do see is greed.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.