Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:08:09 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Releasing = nothing in return.
Trading = SOMETHING in return.


I prefer something, over nothing. I'm a crazy fool like that!


Oh, I totally agree. I am too! I was counting on him being back. Now, it looks not so good, and probably really tough to make a deal.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:39:10 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

When is Ted Thompson going to realize his stupidity?

I always read the comments at the end of the articles that are posted, NEVER and I mean NEVER, has there been any support for A.J. Hawk and very little support for Brad Jones!!!!!

According to most fans these 2 have no business being on The Packers roster let alone the fact that they are currently THE STARTERS for 2013!!!!

Ted Thompsons inability to bring in talented ILBr's and his stubbornness to OVERPAY the ones who do hang around is just another reason The Packers will continue to come up short in their goal to bring The Lombardi Trophy back to Green Bay.

...........FIRE TED THOMPSON............
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:43:43 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,118

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
When is Ted Thompson going to realize his stupidity?

I always read the comments at the end of the articles that are posted, NEVER and I mean NEVER, has there been any support for A.J. Hawk and very little support for Brad Jones!!!!!

According to most fans these 2 have no business being on The Packers roster let alone the fact that they are currently THE STARTERS for 2013!!!!

Ted Thompsons inability to bring in talented ILBr's and his stubbornness to OVERPAY the ones who do hang around is just another reason The Packers will continue to come up short in their goal to bring The Lombardi Trophy back to Green Bay.

...........HIRE TED THOMPSON............




Ted Thompson was a talentless linebacker in his NFL days. He was regulated to Special Teams. He has a weak mindset when it comes to LB's that shouldn't really be in the NFL so he keeps giving so many undeserving LB's a chance.
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigbyfan  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:18:36 AM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 78

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
When is Ted Thompson going to realize his stupidity?

I always read the comments at the end of the articles that are posted, NEVER and I mean NEVER, has there been any support for A.J. Hawk and very little support for Brad Jones!!!!!

According to most fans these 2 have no business being on The Packers roster let alone the fact that they are currently THE STARTERS for 2013!!!!

Ted Thompsons inability to bring in talented ILBr's and his stubbornness to OVERPAY the ones who do hang around is just another reason The Packers will continue to come up short in their goal to bring The Lombardi Trophy back to Green Bay.

...........FIRE TED THOMPSON............


I will trust Ted Thompson's decisions over any fan's opinion. There's a reason he gets paid to do what he does and we don't. Besides, how many current GMs have a Super Bowl on their resume?
blank
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:19:19 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Ted Thompson was a talentless linebacker in his NFL days. He was regulated to Special Teams. He has a weak mindset when it comes to LB's that shouldn't really be in the NFL so he keeps giving so many undeserving LB's a chance.


Makes sense to me!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline Laser Gunns  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:43:08 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/30/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 239

The timing makes no sense...

If his injury was not healing up to par, he would have been cut along with DJ Smith for failing a physical.

If it is money... Why? We are under cap now, there is no reason to make a move for the sake of saving cash at the expense of losing a starting ILB... Unless Ted is making room for an extension on another player.

The extension must already be on the table too, because with Pickett's contract coming off after this season, there would be more room to handle it at the end of the season.


MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline play2win  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:48:58 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
The timing makes no sense...

If his injury was not healing up to par, he would have been cut along with DJ Smith for failing a physical.

If it is money... Why? We are under cap now, there is no reason to make a move for the sake of saving cash at the expense of losing a starting ILB... Unless Ted is making room for an extension on another player.

The extension must already be on the table too, because with Pickett's contract coming off after this season, there would be more room to handle it at the end of the season.


Raji.
Offline beast  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:54:37 AM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 219
Applause Received: 295



I think it's simply scheme change and Jones stepping up. Packers changed up their scheme last year asking the ILB to do more sideline to sideline stuff and Bishop lack speed to start with and then injuries... and they like Hawk and Jones a lot more than the public does. And in the old scheme Hawk like Pickett did a lot of dirty work to set up other guys to make plays by taking on blocks and doing other things. Then gets 3 sacks in his first season in the changed scheme.

Also I think it's been said they're trying to get him to take a reduced deal. So maybe he'll stick around if he agrees to a reduced deal like Hawk did.

But they got a number of guys going to be FAs this upcoming FA

Raji, Pickett, Burnett, D-Smith, Shields, Neal, Wilson, Starks, James Jones?

Raji, Burnett, Shields and D-Smith are probably locks to get new deals with the Packers. And maybe Neal too.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline DoddPower  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:57:15 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,000
Applause Received: 487

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
If it is money... Why? We are under cap now, there is no reason to make a move for the sake of saving cash at the expense of losing a starting ILB... Unless Ted is making room for an extension on another player.


I'm assuming this is the reason, whether it's for Raji, Sheilds (can he ever be resigned this season?), Burnett, Neal, Bulaga, or some other player that Ted hopes to extend.

Offline DoddPower  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:59:36 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 2,000
Applause Received: 487

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
I think it's simply scheme change and Jones stepping up. Packers changed up their scheme last year asking the ILB to do more sideline to sideline stuff and Bishop lack speed to start with and then injuries... and they like Hawk and Jones a lot more than the public does. And in the old scheme Hawk like Pickett did a lot of dirty work to set up other guys to make plays by taking on blocks and doing other things. Then gets 3 sacks in his first season in the changed scheme.

Also I think it's been said they're trying to get him to take a reduced deal. So maybe he'll stick around if he agrees to a reduced deal like Hawk did.

But they got a number of guys going to be FAs this upcoming FA

Raji, Pickett, Burnett, D-Smith, Shields, Neal, Wilson, Starks, James Jones?

Raji, Burnett, Shields and D-Smith are probably locks to get new deals with the Packers. And maybe Neal too.


I really only seem to hear about this change of scheme for the LB's from your posts. Is there some other discussion regarding this that I can read about? I suppose I don't feel as confident about the statements are you do.
Offline nerdmann  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:53:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,556
Applause Received: 640

Maybe they just don't think he's very good.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Dexter_Sinister on 6/12/2013(UTC)
Online steveishere  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:04:38 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 938

It doesn't make much sense for all their talk of wanting to get more physical
Offline wpr  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:13:00 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,966
Applause Received: 1,429

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Maybe they just don't think he's very good.


wow. is that why? I never would have guessed that they would release a player if they thought he was very good. Big Grin

Obviously it is the amount of money he is being paid verses what they view is his skill level.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline nerdmann  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:18:58 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,556
Applause Received: 640

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
wow. is that why? I never would have guessed that they would release a player if they thought he was very good. Big Grin

Obviously it is the amount of money he is being paid verses what they view is his skill level.


Could just be the injury. Could just be a numbers game. Could be an off-field issue.

We don't know.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:47:56 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,966
Applause Received: 1,429

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Could just be the injury. Could just be a numbers game. Could be an off-field issue.

We don't know.


I was just messing with you.

However:
An injury factor relates directly to the team not thinking he is very good.

If they thought he was very good there would not be a numbers issue nor would they ask for him to redo his pay.

There have been other players with off field issues. They were reported in the media. Nothing on Bishop. Other players off field issues did not merit a request for a reduction in pay nor an out right release. (Even Jolly was not released.)
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.239 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
2m / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

28m / Random Babble / yooperfan

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / hardrocker950

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Random Babble / Smokey

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

10h / Random Babble / Gilligan

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

12h / Random Babble / Cheesey

12h / Random Babble / Cheesey

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.