Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Why do you HATE the Green Bay Packers and their traditions?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Busted! You got me!

😊
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
10 years ago
I'm telling you, if you want to experience a great college enviorment get to Madison for a Badger game. ESPN, USA Today and Sports Illustrated all voted it the best college town in America. Being a student you may be able to hook up at each place,GB or Appleton and Madison, and lodge with other students. Badger Scout Forum would be on place to start.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Went to Kroll's East for lunch yesterday. Bacon cheeseburger with fries. It wasn't that bad, but when you order, make sure to tell them you do not want butter added ... unless you like'em super greasy! I think that Five Guys Burgers and Fries is better.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I have taken a little time before responding to this post.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it a little strange that someone orders a hamburger, sticks cheese on it, has them toss on some bacon then gets an order of fries as well then has the audacity to complain that his meal is greasy?

UserPostedImage

If you don't want grease for dinner EAT A SALAD.
UserPostedImage
macbob
10 years ago

Me and my bro reeally want to go to a game in GB this year or next.

The plan would be to fly in on a Friday/Saturday, and leave Sunday night.

Where should we land? I don't imagine GB has an airport, We'll be flying from Seattle and am clueless about Wisconsin.

Where should we stay?

Where should we eat? (Important)

Stadium tour? Is it worth the $10?

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar 

Raji--my son and I will be attending the 15 Sep game against the Redskins, our first trip to Lambeau. I searched this site for advice, and here's some of the links I found:

http://packershome.com/forum/yaf_postst10916_Going-to-the-Bears-Game-2-Jan.aspx#post148438 

http://packershome.com/forum/yaf_postst2862_I-am-going-to-my-1st-Green-Bay-Packers-game-EVER.aspx#post21569 

http://packershome.com/forum/yaf_postst8668_Need-help-advice-from-the-Green-Bay-locals.aspx#post108098 

http://packershome.com/forum/yaf_postst1341_Stadium-parking.aspx#post2245 

http://packershome.com/forum/yaf_postst14098_Tips-For-Out-of-Towners-Going-To-Lambeau.aspx#post200964 

http://packershome.com/forum/yaf_postst8800_to-Green-Bay.aspx#post110188 

http://packershome.com/forum/yaf_postst13664_Week-17----Lions---Packers--ticket-questions.aspx#post192950 

And a couple of other links recommended in the posts:

http://www.packersgameday.com/ 

http://www.greenbay.com/visit_us/ 

Lots of good advice...
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

I have taken a little time before responding to this post.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it a little strange that someone orders a hamburger, sticks cheese on it, has them toss on some bacon then gets an order of fries as well then has the audacity to complain that his meal is greasy?

If you don't want grease for dinner EAT A SALAD.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Exactly! Bacon, Cheese and Beef ... you get enough grease, why add a quarter stick of butter? Geesh!!

btw, going to Kroll's for lunch today. 🙂
UserPostedImage
OlHoss1884
10 years ago
I have to admit I am not a Frozen Tundra person...I will never go see a game in those conditions, true fan label be damned. But let's face it, is there any place/time combo for seeing a football game better than GB in September? Not counting a Packer Game in February in NO, of course.

Stop by Miesfields in Sheboygan for brats on your way up, get yourself some New Glarus (I recommend Spotted Cow) and for the love of all that's holy don't wear a Rodgers Jersey if Raji is more how you roll.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
macbob
10 years ago
My son and I had a terrific time this past weekend on our first trip to Lambeau.

[aiee] [aiee] [aiee] [aiee]

I'll skip the parts that you guys wouldn't care about and just try and hit the high points.

We stayed at the Bay Motel, about 1 mile from the Stadium (easy walking distance, plus there's a free bus that stops right outside the motel that runs every 30 mins). Rooms are on the small side, the motel is older, but it is very clean. Packer fans gather in the parking lot each night and quietly party. I would highly recommend them and would stay there again.

We toured the Packers Hall of Fame and took the Stadium Tour, both which I would highly recommend.

Here's some photos (I'll hide them under a spoiler alert so they don't take up so much room, and you can re-hide them):

Horsing around in the Hall of Fame

UserPostedImage
My son said the bike was extremely uncomfortable

UserPostedImage
Bunny ears for Bart

UserPostedImage
They have a full-sized wall in the Hall that you can 'Leap' on. My son is only 5-2, and surprised me by being able to do the Lambeau Leap...

UserPostedImage
His Fail Mary imitation...

During the Stadium Tour they take you up to the roof of the South End zone, the highest point in the stadium (besides the electronic signs)...

UserPostedImage

And they take you out through the Players' tunnel to the field. They don't let you go out on the field itself, but you're right down there next to the field.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

It was raining steadily before the game. We were going to walk to the stadium but ended up taking the bus. Fortunately, it cleared up around game time, and we were able to dry out. We hadn't brought waterproof rain gear, and would have been miserable if it hadn't.

And needless to say, we enjoyed the game. At 31-0 and 38-7, it met my definition of a good game--the complete and utter humiliation of the opposing team. We live in Redskin country, and the newspapers back here were talking how the Redskins were embarrassed.

Some photos from the game:

UserPostedImage
Opening Kickoff...

UserPostedImage
First points on the board (Crosby's FG)

UserPostedImage
My son and I went up to the roof during the game

UserPostedImage
Starks' TD run (he's about to get the handoff from AR, just above the official on the left).

On the way back to the motel after the game (and after walking around the parking lot with the tailgaters), we passed a house a good distance from the stadium that had 3 little girls with Pom Poms out front, doing cartwheels, etc. They looked to be about 5 or 6. One had an Aaron Rodgers jersey on and was standing on a picnic table. As we walked by, she put her hands on her hips and said "Discount Double Check". We just had to laugh.

For the most part, our meals ended up being burgers of one sort or another. We ate at Kroll's (Butter burger); Fuzzy's 63 (Fuzzy's special burger--one beef patty, one brat patty--this was GOOD!!!) and the Titletown Brewery (where I had a spicy Elk burger (with some variation from their menu) and my son had a Bison burger). Their Johnny Blood Red ale was delicious, too.

Titletown has the old receiver statue that used to be in front of the Packers Hall of Fame. The street in front of Titletown was renamed this summer to Donald Driver Way, and the statue was repainted to represent DD.

UserPostedImageClowning around in front of Titletown

And we hit the Shopko right across from the Corporate HQs, which has a huge Packers section (and just happened to have everything 25% off--woo hoo!).

On the flight from Milwaukee, one of the flight attendants was wearing a Bears lanyard. I have some Packers music on my iPod (I have it under the Religious genre). One of the songs is "The Bears still suck" Polka, so I started that playing and as the flight attendant passed our seats I held it up so she could read the title of the song. She was a good sport, and razzed with all of the Packers fans on the flight. As we were landing, she ended up her last announcement with "Go Bears". The booing was quite loud.

All in all a successful trip.

=d> =d> =d>
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
Good Stuff macbob!!!!

Picked a GREAT game to go to.!!

Thanks for all the pics.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
hardrocker950
10 years ago
Put it on your bucket list to visit Lambeau if you haven't yet. The experience is unlike anything you will witness anywhere else. If you go on game day, be sure to go early because there is so much to see!

If you want the full experience - park far from the stadium, the tailgating alone is amazing. I have even been offered food and drinks in passing by fellow fans. Sunday is like a party in that town - they LOVE their football!

The hall of fame reminds you of how deep tradition is with this team. Take the tour - it is well worth your time and a few bucks. No other stadium has so much to offer. I really cannot say enough about how great it is!

I am glad you had a great trip to the best stadium in the NFL. I see you did it right and had lots of fun=d>
John252
10 years ago
Ahhh that looks like so much fun. I have to visit there sometime. I might get tickets for the Giants-Packers game, but it just won't be the same...
UserPostedImage