Zero2Cool
10 years ago

[mfing]

I figured Woodson for about 180 lbs. Thanks for making a dumbass out of me. [grin1]

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

[wasntme]
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

I don't understand why people can't comprehend the complete loss of speed and bum shoulder deficiencies Wood has. It is why he wasn't picked up by anybody yet. Now, if you need a dime corner to line up on a slot receiver, or to blitz - then Wood might be our man. But what should the compensation be for a guy like that?

I have confidence that McMillian will seize the job and do well. Charles Woodson is a corner, not a safety - he is too small to be an every down safety.

I can not imagine IF they did bring him back that it would be for much more than league min of $940,000 and he would be more than a situational role player.
UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago
I like many players that we have, but if Charles can come in and beat another player for a position fair and square, the staff will have to consider his age vs losing a younger player who just needs time to develop. Tough call.

Regardless, Woodson as a pure Safety could be good with his experience. Good for many of those younger players. If his wheels are too slow to get the job done, I would side with the youth.
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

Well they did take a corner in the draft and they can keep Bush and move him to one of the backup safety positions. I'm not too concerned about the secondary, just want to see more improvement out of the safeties. Considered Woodson a temporary fix last season, not a solution to losing Collins.

Originally Posted by: Dakotat 

WHAT??????

Topic..........a sign Charles Woodson will return

๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
MintBaconDrivel
10 years ago

For seven years, Charles Woodson was everything Packers fans wantedโ€“a leader and defensive difference-maker.

Oh, and an expensive free agent acquisition.

But scheduled to count $9,437,500 against the salary cap in 2013, the Packers opted to release Woodson and use that money elsewhere. Since then, the Packers have signed Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews to lucrative contract extensions and brought in 11 players via the draft.

But one position that wasnโ€™t addressed by the Packers in Aprilโ€™s draft was safety. [...]

JerseyAl  wrote:

DakotaT
10 years ago

WHAT??????

Topic..........a sign Charles Woodson will return

๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

If you were actually capable of reading between the lines, you would understand that drafting the corner from Iowa would move Bush to safety, leaving no room to sign Woodson. Sorry I didn't connect all the dots for you in actual verbiage.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

If you were actually capable of reading between the lines, you would understand that drafting the corner from Iowa would move Bush to safety, leaving no room to sign Woodson. Sorry I didn't connect all the dots for you in actual verbiage.

There is no world where Jarrett Bush (you're a lazy ass who can't type the players first name so I have to assume) makes Charles Woodson expendable, none, zero, absolutely not possible.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago

There is no world where Jarrett Bush (you're a lazy ass who can't type the players first name so I have to assume) makes Charles Woodson expendable, none, zero, absolutely not possible.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

How many more Bush's do we have? And yes, I am a lazy ass when there is absolutely no money on the line. Wood is going to cover all the punts and kickoffs then, cause that's what backup players do?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

How many more Bush's do we have? And yes, I am a lazy ass when there is absolutely no money on the line. Wood is going to cover all the punts and kickoffs then, cause that's what backup players do?

No clue, haven't checked the roster, hence why I had to assume. Making the reader assume is awful and disrespectful ... it's like killing kittens with a rusty spoon anally. I now just checked the roster and I can't find "Wood" on there so I have to once again assume this is a trick question, perhaps even rhetorical?

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago

No clue, haven't checked the roster, hence why I had to assume. Making the reader assume is awful and disrespectful ... it's like killing kittens with a rusty spoon anally. I now just checked the roster and I can't find "Wood" on there so I have to once again assume this is a trick question, perhaps even rhetorical?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

[roflmao]

I forget about that rapist/rapier wit of yours sometimes.
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
    Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
    Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
    Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
    dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
    Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? ๐Ÿฅบ I think that means you missed more than half of them ๐Ÿ˜ข
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead ๐Ÿคช
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.