wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Some years it certainly hasn't been this way, but I am extremely happy with this draft. I give it "A" with an upgrade to "A+" if the UDFAs are factored in.

I said way back "that UCLA kid" was my first choice as a first round pick, although I didn't think it would happen. I thought they'd take one of the big DT clods. We did NOT need O Line help in the early rounds UNLESS they were negative about Sherrod coming back strong. Not going that direction speaks even louder than McCarthy's positive words about Sherrod.

I am on record as wanting Montee Ball - I plead guilty to homerism for that. I also did not want Lacy in the first round. Getting him in the second, though, is fantastic. IMO, the sky is the limit for this guy, and not much less for Franklin, considering where we got him.

Many wanted a Safety drafted early; I did not. Many wanted a Center drafted early, I also am on record as NOT wanting that.

I wish we had done a little bit more at OLB, but maybe Palmer is enough. Here too, the NOT taking of an OLB earlier seems to mean they have confidence in Perry coming back strong.

I'm surprised no ILB was taken, but this also could mean Bishop is on track to return healthy ( I HOPE it doesn't merely mean confidence in Brad Jones).

Everybody seems great the day after the draft, of course, but the reports on the backup O Linemen taken seems good. Ditto that for Hyde and Smith as well as Johnson and Dorsey. Throw in Stoneburner, and we have the TE I expected to grab late in the draft (thankfully not in the first or second round).

As I said, A+.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I am not so sure about Sherrod yet. He could have issues still. Ted and Mike could have decided to go with who they got and develop someone over the next couple of years. Both RB are good at blocking so they and a TE along with Aaron Rodgers rolling right may mitigate poor play at LT.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Mike McCarthy said he's really counting on Derek Sherrod, said he's a different man after the second surgery. Definitely a lot better than he was during the season. Someone we have to get healthy and get in there.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/study-shows-men-also-suffer-from-pms-6988315.html

C+ for draft

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

yes men "suffer" from PMS every time women with it are nearby.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Mike McCarthy said he's really counting on Derek Sherrod, said he's a different man after the second surgery. Definitely a lot better than he was during the season. Someone we have to get healthy and get in there.

I have not seen that. All I have seen was Mike being hopeful and evasive when it comes to Sherrod's health. Not that I doubt you at all.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

I have not seen that. All I have seen was Mike being hopeful and evasive when it comes to Sherrod's health. Not that I doubt you at all.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

You seem to be slippin' tonight, wpr. This came from the JSOnline article which YOU posted about McCarthy's news conference:

"On Sherrod: Counting on Derek Sherrod to be a factor. He's making progress. I don't have a timeline for you but it's further along."

correction: mintbacondrivel posted it, but you had the only reply to it.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

You seem to be slippin' tonight, wpr. This came from the JSOnline article which YOU posted about McCarthy's news conference:

"On Sherrod: Counting on Derek Sherrod to be a factor. He's making progress. I don't have a timeline for you but it's further along."

correction: mintbacondrivel posted it, but you had the only reply to it.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I was worried for a second. I didn't remember posting a JSO note. We only get so many free viewings on JSO a month and I have not been in to their site in a week or so. Sadly I use to go there every day. Now that they limit how many times you can view I rarely go at all. I guess they are the smart ones.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

I was worried for a second. I didn't remember posting a JSO note. We only get so many free viewings on JSO a month and I have not been in to their site in a week or so. Sadly I use to go there every day. Now that they limit how many times you can view I rarely go at all. I guess they are the smart ones.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Delete your JSOnline.com cookie and you'll be fine, or use a different browser. Same applies for PackersNews.com.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Delete your JSOnline.com cookie and you'll be fine, or use a different browser. Same applies for PackersNews.com.

shhhh. That is cheating. [grin1]

At least this way I can actually read more of their stories. Which is what they should be striving for to begin with.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago
My Grades.. For the majority of the draft, especially day three.. I think they cleaned up. Jones in the first looks the part.. only question is was he just a late bloomer or does one year overvalue him in totality?

I don't like the Lacy pick overall, it was good value based on the draftniks, but the 5 times I watched Bama play last season, I never came away saying he was the best back in college football.. probably not even on his own team. Couple that with injury concerns and his overall desire to play the game.. not so sure that he was the best value on the board in the second for the Packers. Again, hope I am wrong.

After those two questions.. I have almost zero concerns about the other picks.. especially like WR prospects late.

A-

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

My Grades.. For the majority of the draft, especially day three.. I think they cleaned up. Jones in the first looks the part.. only question is was he just a late bloomer or does one year overvalue him in totality?

I don't like the Lacy pick overall, it was good value based on the draftniks, but the 5 times I watched Bama play last season, I never came away saying he was the best back in college football.. probably not even on his own team. Couple that with injury concerns and his overall desire to play the game.. not so sure that he was the best value on the board in the second for the Packers. Again, hope I am wrong.

After those two questions.. I have almost zero concerns about the other picks.. especially like WR prospects late.

A-

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I'm tellin' ya. Eddie Lacy will be better than you think for us. I'm not buying into the hype that many people love him or the fact he's from Alabama. I watched the tape. Couple games 2-3. Right away I was blown away from this guy. His acceleration for a big man is impressive, and that spin move is amazing. I think Mike McCarthy loves him because he can move well with his size. Like we used to have in Grant.

He's not the second coming by all means.. but I think a lot of teams made a mistake on not drafting him. Reminds me of Micheal Turner with so much lower body strength, always keeping his legs turning.

Sometimes he gets tackled easily which I've seen at times. But once he gets going in the 2nd level of the defense he's hard to bring down. He can get you something out of nothing. And for once we can run on 3rd down. Instead of the predictable FB dive every third and short or on the goaline.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (51m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.