Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
17 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dfosterf  
#196 Posted : Wednesday, November 9, 2011 9:09:48 AM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 174
Applause Received: 392

"The real point is not being able to quote Bible verse for one's position. It's about what you're quoting the Bible for. If you're quoting the Bible because you're trying to follow God's will, you're using it correctly. If you're quoting the Bible to affirm the importance of your choices and your rights, you're not.

Because that's not what its for."

That is profoundly wise. I liked Non's post too, but I suspect it was a "criminal history" conviction on the perp. I don't know, just a guess, still seems harsh.

The white-collar-crime dude lives in Oakton, Va. That's a high-rent district. A swap in sentences is good with me.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Zero2Cool  
#197 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:10:55 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,047

I still don't understand.
UserPostedImage
Online Laser Gunns  
#198 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:55:58 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I still don't understand.

The problem is that there are still a bunch of close-minded bigots out there. Or people's religion demonizes homosexuality, and because they feel the need to press their beliefs onto the world they will fight and vote down the right to marry.

No matter how you feel about it, a LARGE amount of political campaigns cater to religious voters, who are obviously against it.

Mostly Christian candidates it seems to me at least.

I hate my generation as much as old folks hate that rap music, but I do think that we will be a lot closer to equality once we start shuffling some of the "blue hairs" out.

Then again, I'm up in Washington, where we are just more progressive that all you Neanderthals. (Unless you reside in Colorado)

Sonics, Weed and gay rights! Woot! Hemp fest 2013!!

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline wpr  
#199 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:01:31 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
The gay guys should definitely get full marriage rights, imo. After all, at least one of them is allowing some other dude to stick his dick square up his ass. Hell, they ought to give the poor f*cker a medal for that, lol

The "Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow" Medal?
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#200 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:18:40 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
To me.. the concept of not allowing them to join in the legal definition of marriage is absurd.

The church and afterlife can have there say independently from the legalities of this country..

The hypocrisy of any government that will label "Under God" from the pledge of Allegiance as nothing more than "ceremonial and patriotic nature", cannot justifiably cite any religious connotations to gay marriage. You can't have it both ways.

We have wasted probably billions of dollars in this country on this topic, that has really no reason to be an issue for the government to rule upon.

It is not our fight as a union to decide.. two adults should be able to form a marriage freely if both consent.. regardless of sex, race or religion.

But pressure from religious voters sways the self serving politician in seeking re-election.

Still stand with this opinion..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Dulak  
#201 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 5:23:21 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 149
Applause Received: 98

Still stand with this opinion..

also agree with the above - who really cares what 2 consenting adults do?
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#202 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 10:32:43 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 233

To me.. the concept of not allowing them to join in the legal definition of marriage is absurd.

The church and afterlife can have there say independently from the legalities of this country..

The hypocrisy of any government that will label "Under God" from the pledge of Allegiance as nothing more than "ceremonial and patriotic nature", cannot justifiably cite any religious connotations to gay marriage. You can't have it both ways.

We have wasted probably billions of dollars in this country on this topic, that has really no reason to be an issue for the government to rule upon.

It is not our fight as a union to decide.. two adults should be able to form a marriage freely if both consent.. regardless of sex, race or religion.

But pressure from religious voters sways the self serving politician in seeking re-election.

OK, point taken, but ......... as I'm sure you know, if you think about it, there is a LOT more to marriage in terms of government than mere approval - affirmative aspects: tax law, community property and inheritance, just to name a few. You want to apply all of that to homosexuals the same as to normal married people? OK, then how about polygamy? A much stronger case can be made for THAT in terms of normalcy, morality, and religion than for homosexuality. And if abnormal and religiously abominable is deemed to be acceptable, then how about the guy who wants to marry his favorite sheep - or maybe the whole flock? Where do you draw the line?
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline DakotaT  
#203 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 12:37:19 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 638
Applause Received: 1,317

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
OK, point taken, but ......... as I'm sure you know, if you think about it, there is a LOT more to marriage in terms of government than mere approval - affirmative aspects: tax law, community property and inheritance, just to name a few. You want to apply all of that to homosexuals the same as to normal married people? OK, then how about polygamy? A much stronger case can be made for THAT in terms of normalcy, morality, and religion than for homosexuality. And if abnormal and religiously abominable is deemed to be acceptable, then how about the guy who wants to marry his favorite sheep - or maybe the whole flock? Where do you draw the line?

You draw the line with two human beings. This really isn't that difficult. It's just one more thing for all the Leviticus Christians out there to stomach. Poor bastards! The bigots have beaten up gay people long enough, let them have their rights.
UserPostedImage
#204 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 3:28:13 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
You draw the line with two human beings. This really isn't that difficult. It's just one more thing for all the Leviticus Christians out there to stomach. Poor bastards! The bigots have beaten up gay people long enough, let them have their rights.

I understand, you don't have a problem with that particular perversion. How many others do you approve of? Pedophilia fits snugly within the line you drew, for example.

Why would you have a problem with homosexuality merely being allowed or even ceremonially sanctioned as marriage, just not given the preferred or subsidized status of real marriage? And how do you justify favoring homosexual marriage over polygamy - assuming your motive is just to "let the poor bastards have their rights"?

Offline dfosterf  
#205 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2014 6:46:18 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 174
Applause Received: 392

I say "let the poor bastards have their rights".

I'm not here to judge anyone else's sexual activities.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 8/2/2014(UTC)
#206 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 5:58:53 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I say "let the poor bastards have their rights".

I'm not here to judge anyone else's sexual activities.

The judgment comes in when you decide to give them all the legal bennies of government-recognized marriage. Are you in favor of that? And were you talking just about homosexual marriage? Or polygamy among normal people also? Sure, let 'em all have the right to practice their crap - and probably a lot of other perversions too, but why bring tax benefits, inheritance, property ownership, ability to adopt/pervert kids, immigration, etc. into it just like real marriage?
Offline mi_keys  
#207 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 7:30:24 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 207
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
OK, then how about polygamy? A much stronger case can be made for THAT in terms of normalcy, morality, and religion cherry picking beliefs from bronze age fables than for homosexuality.

Fixed.
Born and bred a cheesehead
#208 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 8:17:44 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Fixed.

So what's your point? Are you PRO-homosexuality? Or anti-Judeo-Christian? Or what?

Speak up/identify your favorite perversion/state what part of our American tradition and heritage and concept of normalcy you have a problem with. Don't be shy.
Offline GermanGilbert  
#209 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 8:23:44 AM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 33
Applause Received: 85

It scares me that there are still people who use terms like "perversion" when it comes down to homosexuality.
blank
#210 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 3:52:15 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert Go to Quoted Post
It scares me that there are still people who use terms like "perversion" when it comes down to homosexuality.

Oh really? Exactly how did homosexuality become any less perverse than it was x number of years ago - as seen by virtually every culture and civilization in history? I would suggest that the practice is the same; It's just the perspective of an increasing percentage of people - I doubt a majority even now - has been transformed/successfully propagandized/whatever. WHY do you see what has been seen as an abomination not only by us - Judeo-Christian people, but pretty much ALL cultures as somehow NOT perverse? Other than being one or being extremely close to somebody who's one, WHY would you fall prey to this propaganda?

I have nothing against what Dakota and Gunny said - "let the bastards have their rights". I just think the whole practice should still be seen as society has seen it ....... ever since there was such a thing as society - as a perversion - something sick and abnormal.
Rss Feed