MintBaconDrivel
11 years ago

Of the rule changes being discussed at the NFL annual meetings, the one getting the most debate is proposal No. 6: Contact with the crown of the helmet.

PackersNews  wrote:

olds70supreme
11 years ago
About time, it was pretty short sighted of the original rules to be written and/or enforced to protect the ballcarrier, but not the defensive players.
blank
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago
If they go through with that rule, they are going to get RBs killed, and create many more concussions than they prevent and it will be unenforceable. When a RB tries to protect himself (with his shoulder), and a tackler tries to tackle (with his shoulder), they are going to hit heads and the crown is going to be first because of anatomy. What causes concussions is the brain bouncing around in the helment, when the contact is from the front, back or sides, the brain bounces around more. When the contact is on the top of the head, it doesn't bounce around even close as much.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nerdmann
11 years ago
Give them bigger shoulder pads to somewhat hide their heads in them, and maybe cover the helmet in a couple inches of spongy yoga mat padding type shit.

Bottom line is that football is a violent sport. You can't change that.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
texaspackerbacker
11 years ago
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. These guys are getting paid multiple millions to play a fun game that any of us would do just about anything to have the ability for. If they are concerned about getting their brains scrambled, then let them give up that multiple millions and get a real job.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
11 years ago

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. These guys are getting paid multiple millions to play a fun game that any of us would do just about anything to have the ability for. If they are concerned about getting their brains scrambled, then let them give up that multiple millions and get a real job.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

My dad was a sanitation worker for the City of Green Bay. I would venture to say that that took more of a toll on him than many NFL players. Yet he didn't make millions. Nor did he bitch about it.

That said, nourish blood and yin essence if you want a strong brain.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
texaspackerbacker
11 years ago

My dad was a sanitation worker for the City of Green Bay. I would venture to say that that took more of a toll on him than many NFL players. Yet he didn't make millions. Nor did he bitch about it.

That said, nourish blood and yin essence if you want a strong brain.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I'll take that to mean we actually agree on something hahaha. It does seem, however, that your dad's genetic material took a beating there in that cess pool - look how you turned out. You seem to have inherited the propensity to pump out shit, but that no bitching part? I guess that skipped your generation.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
11 years ago

I'll take that to mean we actually agree on something hahaha. It does seem, however, that your dad's genetic material took a beating there in that cess pool - look how you turned out. You seem to have inherited the propensity to pump out shit, but that no bitching part? I guess that skipped your generation.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

What am I bitching about?

You're the one bitching about homosexuality.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
What they should outlaw is the ballcarrier being able to grab the facemask of the player trying to bring them down.
UserPostedImage
olds70supreme
11 years ago
If you are going to limit the ability of the defensive player to use the crown of his helmet you have to limit the ability of the offensive player as well. It puts the defensive player at a disadvantage from both safety and competitive perspectives. For example...

The defensive player is prohibited from coming in helmet first and creaming AP here. AP has no such limitations, however, so he lowers his head and lays the defensive player out. Watch the video at the 30 second mark, it's obvious that AP's helmet pops Gay's helmet. It's BS to help and protect one player (offensive) and hurt and endanger another (defensive).

If you hate this rule because of the safety aspect (it is somehow devaluing the game because it's not as "tough" as it used to be) than at least try to appreciate the fact that it levels the playing field competitively for both sides of the ball.

By the way, this was the first youtube result for a search of "adrian peterson truck", not something I had to spend a significant amount of time searching for to fit my point of view.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14m) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (1h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (16h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.