play2win
11 years ago
Amazing... updated today.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Super-Bowl-odds-reboot-1641.html 

Only NE, SF, DEN, SEA ahead of us, in that order. We are ahead of ATL, NO, NYG, PIT, BAL... WAS, CHI...
josherwan
11 years ago
I would love to see us back at the big game ... But with all the personnel changes and unwillingness to invest the $ I will be curious to see how the season comes together...
play2win
11 years ago
josherwan, me too!

It is really funny, looking at this giant investment fans and teams have made these past couple weeks/months on FA in energy, money, players etc, but if we can get some guys back healthy and add another 3 or 4 serious contributors via the draft, who knows? It could work ala 2010.

I didn't think it would be possible. Then, I changed up my perspective a bit. We'll see. I'm curious to see what happens much like yourself.
nerdmann
11 years ago

Amazing... updated today.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Super-Bowl-odds-reboot-1641.html 

Only NE, SF, DEN, SEA ahead of us, in that order. We are ahead of ATL, NO, NYG, PIT, BAL... WAS, CHI...

Originally Posted by: play2win 

We have to prove we can beat SF.

Seattle? They don't scare me.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
warhawk
11 years ago
We will be right in there with this upper tier of teams. It comes down to who gets hot at the right time. In the last three years I would say the strongest looking team or even the best team through the balance of the season did NOT win the SB.

I don't know how the Pack pulled it out with all the injuries in '10 and everyone knows the Giants and Ravens were no where near being the best team throughout those seasons.

But they were all the best teams when it got to crunch time. Mojo. I don't know what that is and there is no way to bottle it or predict what team finds it at the right time.

Chemistry. The variable that makes winning it all so damn hard to do.
"The train is leaving the station."
blueleopard
11 years ago
Heh. They certainly scare me.

They have a very physical defense that gets the job done. They sacked Aaron Rodgers 8 times in the first half in their game. That shows their physicality. They even have a very strong, no pun intended, secondary that gets the push off every WR corps they go up against.

When we went against them, they had a pretty pedestrian offense that relied solely on Marshawn Lynch. Now the playbook is wide open for Russell Wilson and Seattle's version of the read-option, and they added the dynamic Percy Harvin who is bound to present us with some problems.

Beatable, yes. But at this point they're the better football team.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
DoddPower
11 years ago

Heh. They certainly scare me.

They have a very physical defense that gets the job done. They sacked Aaron Rodgers 8 times in the first half in their game. That shows their physicality. They even have a very strong, no pun intended, secondary that gets the push off every WR corps they go up against.

When we went against them, they had a pretty pedestrian offense that relied solely on Marshawn Lynch. Now the playbook is wide open for Russell Wilson and Seattle's version of the read-option, and they added the dynamic Percy Harvin who is bound to present us with some problems.

Beatable, yes. But at this point they're the better football team.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

Eh, I'll believe that win they ACTUALLY beat the Packers. So far, the 'new' Seahawks are 0-1 against the Packers, considering the fail mary. They're a good team, and have appeared to improve themselves on paper this off season. But again, it goes back to being Champions in March vs. Winners in December +. I don't see how they can be labeled "the better football team" at this point. A better defense, yes, but that's about as far as I would go. A lot changes between now and mid-to-late season.

Zero2Cool
11 years ago

We will be right in there with this upper tier of teams. It comes down to who gets hot at the right time. In the last three years I would say the strongest looking team or even the best team through the balance of the season did NOT win the SB.

I don't know how the Pack pulled it out with all the injuries in '10 and everyone knows the Giants and Ravens were no where near being the best team throughout those seasons.

But they were all the best teams when it got to crunch time. Mojo. I don't know what that is and there is no way to bottle it or predict what team finds it at the right time.

Chemistry. The variable that makes winning it all so damn hard to do.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

One aspect that I often see overlooked when people say the Packers simply got hot at the right time is the fact that they were never behind by more than seven points during the entire season. That's something that is rarely ever accomplished and only is accomplished by a really good team.
UserPostedImage
Laser Gunns
11 years ago

Eh, I'll believe that win they ACTUALLY beat the Packers. So far, the 'new' Seahawks are 0-1 against the Packers, considering the fail mary. They're a good team, and have appeared to improve themselves on paper this off season. But again, it goes back to being Champions in March vs. Winners in December +. I don't see how they can be labeled "the better football team" at this point. A better defense, yes, but that's about as far as I would go. A lot changes between now and mid-to-late season.

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

We played Seattle at a time when they weren't letting Wilson do too much. As the play book opened up later in the Season, Seattle's offense exploded (3 50pt games in a row).

If we had played Seattle again last year, Our D have been destroyed worse than what SF did to us.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
nerdmann
11 years ago

We played Seattle at a time when they weren't letting Wilson do too much. As the play book opened up later in the Season, Seattle's offense exploded (3 50pt games in a row).

If we had played Seattle again last year, Our D have been destroyed worse than what SF did to us.

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar 

And if Mike and Aaron weren't stat whoring by completely abandoning the run, SEA wouldn't have been able to pin their ears back and get 8 sacks.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.