nerdmann
11 years ago
PFT 

“Skip, whenever you refer to me, whenever you speak to me, whenever you address me, address me as All-Pro Stanford graduate, because those are some accomplishments you will never — you can aspire to, you will never accomplish,” Sherman said, right out of the gates. “You have never accomplished anything.”

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I guess Deadspin  has the video.

See if I can figure this out:

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
I am not much of a fan of Sherman but anyone who takes to that scumbag Skippy is alright in my book.
UserPostedImage
Formo
11 years ago
Wow. Did Skippy rape his mom or something.. LOL
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago
As much as I hate Skip. Sherman made himself look like an ass.

He asked are you better than Revis? Sherman replyed "I'm better than you" then he said stuff like "i'm gonna crush you" "I did more in my life than you did"

Pathetic..
Formo
11 years ago

He asked are you better than Revis? Sherman replyed "I'm better than you" then he said stuff like "i'm gonna crush you" "I did more in my life than you did"

Pathetic..

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

Yeah.. I stopped watching at that point. He started to sound like I was back in high school all over again.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
stevegb
11 years ago

Pathetic..

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

Yeh I agree with you, "lets not make this personal" then all Sherman does is personally attack him. Sherman's an idiot and that just proves it.
blank
JustinAVA182
11 years ago

If you don’t like either Seattle Seahawks defensive back Richard Sherman or ESPN’s master debater Skip Bayless, than this video may be completely mind-numbing [although you can enjoy the fact that Stephen A Smith sits silent the whole time]. The argument stemmed from Bayless’ belief that Sherman is not an elite NFL cornerback, certainly not in the league of the New York Jets Darrelle Revis, and has allowed his trash talking to overshadow his talent on the field. The heated exchange on Thursday’s edition of ESPN’s First Take featured some zingers from Sherman as he attacked Bayless. The line that was most reported and most newsworthy – “In my 24 years of life, I’m better at life than you.” – is something we will examine a little more in detail.

What does it mean to be “better at life?” We will examine 5 different areas – integrity, educations, friendships, athletics, and speaking ability – that will asses who is truly better at life.

IntegrityRichard Sherman: Integrity became a big issue for Sherman when he was suspended 4 games in November 2012 for violating the NFL’s Substance Abuse policy after testing positive for Adderall. Sherman eventually won an appeal based on the fact that the sample was transferred to a new cup after the first one was leaking. The use of a second cup is against testing policy and procedure but in our eyes does not discredit the fact that Sherman tested positive for the banned substance. Finding a loophole does not make you innocent. Sherman ended the year with 8 interceptions and 3 force fumbles, his best statistical season in his young career. Remember how good Shawne Merriman was before his positive drug test? Just saying.

Skip Bayless: Although never accused of plagiarism, his integrity has been question twice during his career. First, and most famously, when he referenced rumors that Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman was gay in his 1994 book Hell-Bent: The Crazy Truth About the “Win or Else” Dallas Cowboys. Bayless never specifically stated that Aikman was homosexual but quotes from teammates and the coaching staff saying as much – never had evidence to support the claim. More recently, Bayless was challenged by Jalen Rose in April 2012 episode of First Take on his high school basketball credentials. Bayless never lied in any of his statements or tweets but definitely did not tell the whole story until he was forced to defend himself.

Winner: Bayless
Although some of his antics have been questionable, Bayless has never been caught cheating.

EducationRichard Sherman: Graduated from Stanford University with a Communications degree. Stanford is ranked #6 in US News National Universities ranking.

Skip Bayless: History and English major at Vanderbilt University. Vandy is the #17 ranked school in US News National Universities ranking.

Winner: Sherman

FriendshipsRichard Sherman: In just two years in the NFL, Sherman hasn’t made a lot of friends. He has had a Twitter war with Revis and taunted Tom Brady on the same social media network with a picture asking “u mad, bro.” He was also annoying enough to have Washington Redskins lineman Trent Williams slap him in the face after the Wildcard round of this year’s playoffs.

Skip Bayless: It seems that most professional athletes hate Skip. It seems that most members of the media hate Skip. To generate all that hate, his words must come with a lot of respect. How many times did you seen Bayless shake hands on the old First Take set with a member of the media, athlete, or entertainment world ? Almost everyday. How many times did you see someone slap him? None.

AthleticsRichard Sherman: The dude is a cornerback in the NFL and made All-Pro in his second year.

Skip Bayless: The dude averaged 1.4 points in his senior year of high school basketball.

Winner: Sherman

Speaking AbilityRichard Sherman: From a guy with a communications degree from Stanford, he sure does struggle taking a complete thought and putting it into a sentence.

Skip Bayless: He may not always know what he is talking about but at least I can follow what he is saying.

Overall Winner: Skip BaylessI’m ready for Richard Sherman to come back to reality next season and than never be heard from again.

http://www.ridethepine.com/video/richard-sherman-skip-bayless/ 

This guy is a clown. Stanford is a great school, no doubt, but Bayless went to Vanderbilt on an academic scholarship, has written numerous books, and won the Texas sportswriter of the year 3 times and the Illinois award once – similar to an All-Pro selection, I would gather. Sherman is good, but he came off really terrible, and I don’t think he has real staying power over the course of 7 or 8 years in the NFL.

UserPostedImage
11 years ago
I strongly dislike both of them but its clear that Skip did the slapping.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.