You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#46 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:55:10 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,784

Greg Jennings got pulled over for speeding, 16-19mph over the limit back in late 2010. He is not "Packer People", let him go.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#47 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:56:21 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,393
Applause Received: 1,187

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings got pulled over for speeding, 16-19mph over the limit back in late 2010. He is not "Packer People", let him go.

ok.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Dulak  
#48 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:10:49 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

I like the guy - but he will cost too much; from seeing what he has been saying sounds like he wants a fair amount to stay in gb - I'd prefer we use the dough to better improve out OL or LBers ... or a decent RB.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 1/24/2013(UTC)
Offline shield4life  
#49 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:17:09 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

If I'm Ted Thompson I'll tag & trade Jennings instead of letting him just walk. Get something in return at least.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline Pack93z  
#50 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 1:05:07 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 932

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

16-19 over is much different the 40+ over. But neither, IMO, should be really relevant in resigning or allowing them to leave based on that single incident. The issue with Benson.. is that he has many stacked issues over the last couple years, a ticket must figure in the totality of the risk of resigning him and said player causing issues off the field that create headaches or potentially lost time.

Jennings has several questions surrounding him this season.. between his talk based on frustration and him basically painting his target contract at the top end of the market, playing the leverage game well before his contract expired and openly near pouting that he hasn't been signed already. Especially with the rule changes in the CBA allowing unused money to be rolled into the next contract year.. there is no advantage to the Packers/teams redoing deals prior to the season ending.

Basically, it seems that Jennings is more interested in the "Money" than in his playing situation and winning championships. That is a personal opinion based on comments throughout this season.

I don't see the Packers inking him to a long term deal.. and if the franchise him, he has already stated he wants no part of the tag, I don't know that it is going to be a happy ending in his Green Bay stay.

Personally, I think some of that attitude shift we tag Rodgers with is becoming apparent in Jennings as well. The difference, I think Jennings is more in it for Greg.. where Rodgers is more in it for the winning at all cost mentality.

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2013 1:34:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#51 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:18:31 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 841
Applause Received: 547

I certainly don't begrudge a player for wanting to get the very top of his market value. Jennings and his agent floated a $14M figure out there. This is a different league. I am having huge doubts that he will get anything close to that.

Ted Thompson -often- does an exceptional job of letting the market determine a player's value. Sometimes, he takes it to an extreme, with such a distinct lack of communication that players get put off in the process. Cullen Jenkins comes to mind. James Jones and his return to Green Bay is a perfect illustration of how Ted generally likes his re-signings to work. I believe Jennings is finding himself in the exact same boat.

For Ted to say: “We think it’s good policy to keep our players,” Thompson said, “and that includes Greg.” - I would have to think the key word that he left out is "value." He definitely does not think Jennings is worth the Franchise Tag price or he would have tagged him.
http://nfl.si.com/2013/0...-jennings/?sct=uk_t2_a10

I cannot imagine a team dropping $14M on Jennings, or anything close to that. So, we should find out in the next few months how this all works out, but Ted is now on record as saying he would like to have his player back. Maybe it happens. I think jennings has really priced himself out of signing with another team as a FA, but you never know. The guy had one of the worst seasons he could have had to hit the market with. There are still idiots running NFL teams, and someone may pop big for Jennings. Ted Thompson is not one of them. I could see Greg coming back ala Jones, for a more reasonable figure.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 2/23/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:51:27 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 932

Originally Posted by: Jlapp Go to Quoted Post
If the packers can't afford to keep Jennings, there is no way in hell the Lions would be able to sign him. They'd have like 50% of their cap in those 3 players. Bears are similar position as Packers. Could make it work for 2013 but both of their corners scheduled to hit free agency in 2014.

It is not that the Packers "Can't" afford Jennings.. it is whether it is in their best interests. A team like the Lions are desperate enough at this point for a running mate for CJ I could see them (mistakenly I made add) over extend for a player like Jennings to try and truly compete.

The Lions have not proven to be the benchmark in soundness of front office decisions. They have gotten better the last decade.. but they still have their issues.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage