Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
Now on the release and struggles of Jenkins in Philly.. all news coming out of players and examples like Nnamdi eating in his car speaks to a team and locker room that wasn't a good place over the last couple years.

That can only be seen as a positive for Jenkins that some of his disappointment in play might have other factors.

BTW.. I think that might be a case study of where adding too many free agents to a roster that fast is counter productive to an overall team. But that is another thread as well.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

BTW.. I think that might be a case study of where adding too many free agents to a roster that fast is counter productive to an overall team. But that is another thread as well.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Sounds familiar to what I said when most were clamoring how great the Eagles were gonna be after assembling their "Dream Team". Too many pieces, too fast, and they won't gel quick enough to be better than an 8 win team. I think I had them pegged at 6 - 10 at that time.

I believe Free Agency is a tool to fill a void or two, not assembling a teams identity. That should be done via draft and development.

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
11 years ago

Reference thread... 

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
JustinAVA182
11 years ago

Adding Jenkins wouldn't stunt the growth of Worthy because Worthy will not be playing next season.
Adding Jenkins wouldn't stunt the growth of Daniels because Daniels is also a rotational player and mostly plays at the NT position.

Aside from the Ricky Jean-Francois interest, Jenkins would be one of the better things to happen to the defense. He can still play and will most likely come in at a cheaper price. The d-line is where it begins and adding Jenkins back into the mix would help this group A LOT.

If the Packers were to sign Jean-Francois, that would be a much better option. Jenkins would be a much better option than Canty.

1. Jean-Francois
2. Jenkins
3. Canty

Hell, sign both Jean-Francois and Jenkins. 😆

Raji
Pickett
Jenkins
Jean-Francois
Neal
Daniels
Wilson

Worthy on PUP to IR next season.

Clearly, signing them both isn't realistic. I think the Packers will go 1st round defensive line anyways(DT).

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport says to "watch the Eagles" on free agent DL Ricky Jean-Francois.
Rapoport's advice came in a tossed-off reply on Twitter, but it's the second team Jean-Francois has been linked to in the past two days. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported Monday that the Packers are interested. The Sideline View's Adam Caplan believes as many as 5-6 teams could pursue the reserve D-lineman. It's looking like Jean-Francois has played his last snap in San Francisco

I guess we can cross him off the list lol. Another Eagles related moment.

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
11 years ago

Maybe they are just ready to make vast changes and start going the "youth" route...regardless of money situations. Though, letting Mike Vick restructure doesn't really prove that right.

10 sacks in 2 seasons is not a bad deal. I'd say if the Packers can get him on the cheaper side, why not add him into the rotation. I'm sure he has a year or two left in the tank.

mike vick took a large paycut and without him they don't have a QB worth a shit. Not a wise idea for a new coach to the NFL (or any coach) to start off his tenure without a QB. QB's make or break coaches.
Cheesey
11 years ago
I wonder if some of the problems with Jenkins was the "sign the big money contract and coast" routine?
Maybe he's hungry now, and will want to know what it's like being on a winner again. Maybe he would like the chance to be a "big boy" again.
I didn't watch him the last couple seasons, so i don't really know his current worth.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago
Jenkins really hasn't dropped off in production. He had his best season as far as tackles go in 2011, and last year was pretty much the same as 2009. Another thing is Raji. He has talked about how much Jenks has been missed and could be a voice in his corner.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
“We didn’t jell together enough. You can’t just always bring in a bunch of superstars — people who think they’re superstars. You gotta have players that just know their role and go along with that and just do whatever they can to help the team. We just didn’t jell the way that we needed to jell to be a successful team,” Cullen Jenkins said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com.

It appears another person agrees with me. :P

UserPostedImage
Yerko
11 years ago

Why.. because a media writer has said so?

The timeline would suggest a guy that will miss much of the offseason workouts and more than likely will be on the PUP.. cut color me in the camp of thinking the Worthy at worst misses a couple games to half the season over not playing at all next season. Just because McGinn speculated that his recovery may follow a Quarless more than a Tauscher isn't going to pencil me into the thought of he isn't going to play at all. Tauscher has surgery Jan 19 and returned in mid October for example... older player at that time. It certainly isn't a certain, but I think there is more evidence to a mid year return than not playing at all. Just my opinion.

Now.. for the bigger picture on adding Jenkins.. I am not opposed to it.. but as long as he understands it will be part of a rotation. Personally.. I think Jenkins fits better in a 3-4 than a 4-3 so I think it makes sense to look at it. But it has to be the right contract number and his personal expectations.. remember this is the same guy that thought the Packers didn't show him enough respect in his last contract cycle with the Packers. So it isn't like this is a guy that doesn't have a bit of ego to him.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Yes, I was basing my opinion on Worthy playing next season on that exact article. I really hope he can come back at some point next season as I'd rather not see his experience stunted because of an injury. With that said, if he is available at some point for next season, I still don't see the addition of Jenkins stopping any kind of progress of Worthy's development. If anything, the addition of Jenkins of Jean-Francois would help a rookie like Worthy.

Signing Jenkins (or Jean-Francois) would also allow Worthy to not have to rush back if that would be the case. Assuming Jean-Francois is a reach to grab off FA, Jenkins would be the next best selection for this part of the defense that truly needs this kind of help.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
11 years ago

Yes, I was basing my opinion on Worthy playing next season on that exact article. I really hope he can come back at some point next season as I'd rather not see his experience stunted because of an injury. With that said, if he is available at some point for next season, I still don't see the addition of Jenkins stopping any kind of progress of Worthy's development. If anything, the addition of Jenkins of Jean-Francois would help a rookie like Worthy.

Signing Jenkins (or Jean-Francois) would also allow Worthy to not have to rush back if that would be the case. Assuming Jean-Francois is a reach to grab off FA, Jenkins would be the next best selection for this part of the defense that truly needs this kind of help.

Not saying it will hurt his development if Jenkins is in the mindset of knowing he is part of a rotation at the position.. and at times he might not be "the man" on any given snap.

Based on his comments on air yesterday, it is apparent he is it knowing his role..
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? đŸ„ș I think that means you missed more than half of them 😱
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead đŸ€Ș
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comℱ. All Rights Reserved.