play2win
11 years ago
Man, this might be the absolute perfect time to trade Graham Harrell.

The QBs in this draft are considered a relatively weak class. There are a number of teams looking for a starting QB: AZ, NYJ, CLE, KC, PHI and BUF. All six sitting near the top of the draft. If we could trade him for an R2, I'd swing away. Who knows?

Harrell has 2 seasons under what is considered one of the best QB coaches in the game in McCarthy, watching a league MVP in Rodgers the whole way. Harrell could hold more trade value than we might think, especially in this weak draft class for QBs

I would LOVE to see it happen.

Check this out:
"Frank Scelfo, the Jaguars’ new quarterbacks coach, caught some heat this week for insisting Jacksonville starter Blaine Gabbert would be the first passer taken in this year’s draft.

"If you graded him out right now, this is his draft class. If he were coming out — and the quarterback draft class the way it is — would he be the top guy taken? I think the answer is yes," Scelfo told The Florida Times-Union.

People mocked Scelfo last week, but guess what? He’s absolutely right."
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/matt-barkley-geno-smith-landry-jones-2013-qb-class-lacking-franchise-players-021813 

I've read comments recently by John Elway alluding to how poor this class is for teams looking to add a QB.

I think Harrell would be a superior QB to any available, and IMO better than Gabbert. Ted Thompson should take a page from Ron Wolf, and recognize the value of trading QBs that have been in the system. Trade away Ted!
Porforis
11 years ago
You could, but...

1. What sort of a draft pick would we get for him? 4th at best?
2. We would need to draft a QB from a weak class, trade for someone, or elevate someone from the practice squad to back up Rodgers.

I do NOT think Harrell is going to develop into a reliable backup, at least in Green Bay. So while it'd be nice to get something for him, are we really going to get more for him than we'd need to give up?
steveishere
11 years ago
He would be worth more like a 6th at best. You are really overstating how bad the QBs in the draft are. Harrell is a guy who wasn't even draftable and hasn't even done anything to show that he's any good. He's worth absolutely nothing IMO.
play2win
11 years ago
IMO, no way he's worth less than R3.
nerdmann
11 years ago
Matt Flynn gets traded before Harrell, imo. Possibly Mike Vick too. Then there's guys like Brady Quinn out there.

It's an interesting idea. Harrell has developed his arm strength. That's really his only big question mark. He's got the smarts.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
JustJeff
11 years ago

Matt Flynn gets traded before Harrell, imo. Possibly Mike Vick too. Then there's guys like Brady Quinn out there.

It's an interesting idea. Harrell has developed his arm strength. That's really his only big question mark. He's got the smarts.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Harrell still isn't good under center. He was a spread quarterback in college. He still looks it. Give him two-minute drill stuff and he looks really good. But put him under center, and in about a dozen snaps, he gets stepped on twice. BJ Coleman cannot get ready quickly enough for me. And I was a huge Harrell fan when we originally signed him.

UserPostedImage 
play2win
11 years ago

Harrell still isn't good under center. He was a spread quarterback in college. He still looks it. Give him two-minute drill stuff and he looks really good. But put him under center, and in about a dozen snaps, he gets stepped on twice. BJ Coleman cannot get ready quickly enough for me. And I was a huge Harrell fan when we originally signed him.

Originally Posted by: JustJeff 

I think Aaron Rodgers might think differently, and probably some pro personnel people.
doddpower
11 years ago

He would be worth more like a 6th at best. You are really overstating how bad the QBs in the draft are. Harrell is a guy who wasn't even draftable and hasn't even done anything to show that he's any good. He's worth absolutely nothing IMO.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

lol, this. If only the NFL worked like it does in Play2Win's head. I don't even think Harrell is the best backup QB on the Packers roster (Coleman is). There's no way I would trade anything for Harrell if I were a GM. If I needed a QB that bad, I'd gladly spend a 2nd or a 3rd on someone like Mike Glennon from NC State who is massive and at least has a rocket arm. Almost like a poor-man's Joe Flacco, just needs time to develop. Glennon is >>>>>>>> Harrell. His success will just be judged by what type of situation he goes to. There are others that are better, too. Flynn is was better than Harrell. The list goes on and on. Harrell is probably one of the worst backup QBs in the league, or at least among them, despite what QB school he has went through.

Silly season is officially underway, for some.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Sure, do we need a bag of Doritos?
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

lol, this. If only the NFL worked like it does in Play2Win's head.

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

No shit. 😆 😆 😆 😆

You, sir, are obviously not a Harrell believer. I am. No sweat. I do find it a bit humorous.

I don't know how you categorize him as one of the worst backups in the league. But, as you say, its silly season.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (16h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.