nerdmann
11 years ago
Ctv 

Jones is a two-time first-team Associated Press All-American in each of the past two seasons, in 2011 as a tackle and in 2012 as a center. He was the nation’s Outland Trophy winner as the nation’s best interior lineman in 2011 and the Rimington Award winner as the nation’s best center in 2012.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Coming in behind Jones was a three-way tie for second with Stanford tight end Zach Ertz, Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert and Alabama running back Eddie Lacy each showing up in nine mock drafts.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
walter  has GB taking

Green Bay Packers: Keenan Allen, WR, California
Greg Jennings will be a free agent in March. He's proven to be unreliable in terms of staying healthy, so he won't be back. The Packers consequently may target a receiver early in the 2013 NFL Draft. Keenan Allen is the top player available in this situation, so I doubt Ted Thompson would hesitate to pluck him off the board.

I am not too keen on the choice. Even with Jennings packing it up and leaving WR is not a 1st round need.

NFL  floating heads have

Jesse Williams DT Alabama This pick isn't to replace B.J. Raji, but rather to find an heir apparent to Ryan Pickett. Edge pass-rushing help would be nice, but without a realistic option here, Williams offers strength in the middle and flashes penetration by putting his opposition on skates.

Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St. Can he run? That is the main question surrounding Rhodes. He is very good on tape. He's long, athletic and knows how to play the ball in the air. However, I never saw him really tested deep to gauge his top speed. If he runs under a 4.5 40-yard dash, he could go much higher than this spot.

Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame no notes

Travis Frederick C Wisconsin With Jeff Saturday likely on his way out, Frederick, who can play center and guard, could step in and help the Packers right away.

Barrett Jones OG Alabama no notes

Zach Ertz TE Stanford no notes

as the 6 choices.

It is always interesting to see what the "experts" think is a critical need. (Woodson is released so the have to draft a CB to replace him. 🙄 ) If you ask the expert who else does GB have at CB, you would prob get an, idunno. 🤷
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
I know, let's take another OT in the first round. Well what about the 2 they picked up the the past few years? idunno. 🤷

CBS 

D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama: The depth of Green Bay's offensive line has been sorely tested in 2012 with injuries to former first-round picks Bryan Bulaga and Derek Sherrod. The interior was steadier, especially since Evan Dietrich-Smith took over at center but the Packers' inability to protect Aaron Rodgers played a critical role in their loss to San Francisco. There is no simpler way to put it: the Packers offensive line lacks toughness and physicality - two of Fluker's most impressive traits.

Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State: For most of the season, it seemed evident that the Packers needed to add more speed on defense and that was never more true than Green Bay's loss in the playoffs to San Francisco. Brown has a nose for the ball with the position versatility to play inside or outside in the Packers scheme.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
this one has to be my favorite. Thanks to Bleacher Report  we can see one of Mel Kiper's past mocks.

Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy, RB (Alabama)

It's a deep running back class for Rounds 2 and 3, so reaching for Eddie Lacy isn't a bad idea. Although the Packers need to upgrade the offensive line, Lacy's complete skill set adds balance to Green Bay.

I guess Mel will have to explain this to me again. The draft is deep in rounds 2 and 3 for a RB. Therefore take one in round 1. If the draft is deep in the lower rounds why not actually take a RB in the later rounds where you will get good or great value for your pick? Is he saying Lacy is really a 2 or 3 but go ahead and grab him a round early? If he is gone in round 2 won't there be other RB that will work just as well?
UserPostedImage
porky88
11 years ago
I’m driving the Barrett Jones bandwagon. I think he's vastly underrated. In fact, one of the most underrated prospects to come out in some time. When I write my mock, I'm leaning Jones to Packers. It's a good fit, and he has the personality that I believe will impress Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. I can’t say enough good things from what I saw this year.
dfosterf
11 years ago

this one has to be my favorite. Thanks to Bleacher Report  we can see one of Mel Kiper's past mocks.

I guess Mel will have to explain this to me again. The draft is deep in rounds 2 and 3 for a RB. Therefore take one in round 1. If the draft is deep in the lower rounds why not actually take a RB in the later rounds where you will get good or great value for your pick? Is he saying Lacy is really a 2 or 3 but go ahead and grab him a round early? If he is gone in round 2 won't there be other RB that will work just as well?

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I'd like him as a 2nd round pick, not a 1st rounder.

Packers_Finland
11 years ago
A center would be optimal, yes. Cooper can play center and Jones would definitely be a good pick.

My favorites though would be Ogletree or Minter to play ILB.

Just please, not another OT. A WR also sounds like a stupid idea, we didn't miss a beat last year with Jennings gone.
This is a placeholder
dfosterf
11 years ago
How about a look at Dion Jordan out of Oregon?

...and how's 'bout Wisconsin lad Travis Frederick @ C in the 2nd round? < -- There's the beef ! (I always like 😆 )
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

I'd like him as a 2nd round pick, not a 1st rounder.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

that makes more sense than the first round.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
11 years ago
I think Ted will take a WR in the 1st.
If Ted haas a chance at any Wisconsin OL no matter what round he should grab him.
And he should also grab Wisconsins OL coach because campen will squander any OL talent they draft.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (23h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.