Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
2013 may very well be the Vikings last season in the Metrodome. 

It will be bittersweet for myself, honestly. I've spent many games sitting next to my daddy in that building, and while I've always been a huge proponent of trashing the place.. now that we are getting closer to actually sealing the deal, I get nostalgic. He wasn't a fan of the place as he grew up going to games in the Ol' Met stadium though. Just too bad he couldn't live long enough to see the new Valhalla.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Pack93z
11 years ago
He will be looking down upon the Vikings new digs.. without a doubt.

Past that.. I have attended a number of games (college and pro) and concerts there.. I would not miss it whatsoever upon going back. My son and I might venture over for a Brewer/Twinkie game soon to see that new park.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
I know exactly what you are saying. I hated to see Busch Stadium razed. It helps that Dad and I saw a WS game together at the new one and we share a brick paver outside it as well.

Dad cut his teeth going to games at old Sportsman's Park. I don't remember him taking me to any games there even though I was a young kid when they took it down.

Speaking of old times did I tell you we lived in Golden Valley for a year? Mom and Dad made it to the WS in 65. They had a motel across the road from General Mills on Wayzata Blvd. That was before they come thru and knocked down all the buildings to make 394. My wife and I went by the old hotel before it was torn down. It became one of the "by the hour" motels. We didn't stay there that nite. I was glad it got demo-ed.
UserPostedImage
Formo
  • Formo
11 years ago

He will be looking down upon the Vikings new digs.. without a doubt.

Past that.. I have attended a number of games (college and pro) and concerts there.. I would not miss it whatsoever upon going back. My son and I might venture over for a Brewer/Twinkie game soon to see that new park.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

As a stand alone event locale, I won't miss it. But like I said, the association I have of it is almost always with my dad. You must shoot over for a Brewer/Twinkie game. If I could get Cheesey over here I would take him.

I know exactly what you are saying. I hated to see Busch Stadium razed. It helps that Dad and I saw a WS game together at the new one and we share a brick paver outside it as well.

Dad cut his teeth going to games at old Sportsman's Park. I don't remember him taking me to any games there even though I was a young kid when they took it down.

Speaking of old times did I tell you we lived in Golden Valley for a year? Mom and Dad made it to the WS in 65. They had a motel across the road from General Mills on Wayzata Blvd. That was before they come thru and knocked down all the buildings to make 394. My wife and I went by the old hotel before it was torn down. It became one of the "by the hour" motels. We didn't stay there that nite. I was glad it got demo-ed.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I wanna say you have said before you lived here awhile back.. but not sure. Anyway, I don't remember a time without 394.. So I couldn't picture that part of town without it.. haha.

Have you ever made it up for a game at Target Field? I remember we talked about meeting up there once the year it opened, but I can't remember if you were able to make it? If not, you need to.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago

Well I will one up that.. I was born in Mankato,MN .. but only lived there for a couple months. Even then I knew it was too purple. [grin1]

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Have you ever made it up for a game at Target Field? I remember we talked about meeting up there once the year it opened, but I can't remember if you were able to make it? If not, you need to.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

It all fell through.

My wife's sister and her family live up there. They use to live in Maple Grove on 92nd just north of Rice Lake.

Well the marriage was falling apart as we were trying to put the trip together. My s-i-l and the kids would go to the game but she didn't want hubby there. Too awkward for her.

We were going to go to a Sox-TC game but it sold out immediately. The Stub Hub prices were a LOT more than I was willing to pay. I was looking at about 8 tickets so I told them we would try another time. (I was hopeful things would work out for them.)

We will be up there this Spring. My niece will be tying the knot in May (?) I think.

I will let you know when and where when I find out. I know my s-i-l is now in Minny proper. Some where on the north side. But I don't know where we will be staying or where the church is or any of that kind of stuff.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Well I will one up that.. I was born in Mankato,MN .. but only lived there for a couple months. Even then I knew it was too purple. [grin1]

in 65 it wasn't very purple at all. Almost everyone was still Green and Gold and proud of it dontcha know?
UserPostedImage
Formo
  • Formo
11 years ago

You are not only a heathen, you are a Benedict Arnold? Peggy, you are slipping, my friend. ;P

It all fell through.

My wife's sister and her family live up there. They use to live in Maple Grove on 92nd just north of Rice Lake.

Well the marriage was falling apart as we were trying to put the trip together. My s-i-l and the kids would go to the game but she didn't want hubby there. Too awkward for her.

We were going to go to a Sox-TC game but it sold out immediately. The Stub Hub prices were a LOT more than I was willing to pay. I was looking at about 8 tickets so I told them we would try another time. (I was hopeful things would work out for them.)

We will be up there this Spring. My niece will be tying the knot in May (?) I think.

I will let you know when and where when I find out. I know my s-i-l is now in Minny proper. Some where on the north side. But I don't know where we will be staying or where the church is or any of that kind of stuff.

Ok, I remember you saying that it wasn't going to work out now that you mention it.

You will have to let me know if you hit up a game, or even just wanna grab some wings at BWWs or something next time you are here.

in 65 it wasn't very purple at all. Almost everyone was still Green and Gold and proud of it dontcha know?

It makes me sad that Minnesotan's relegated to being Packer fans before the '61 season..
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
11 years ago
There is nothing good about the dome. Except for watching that roof collapse, that is great.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

There is nothing good about the dome. Except for watching that roof collapse, that is great.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.