DakotaT
  • DakotaT
  • Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
1. Having a new defensive scheme that doesn't funnel everything to the MLB.

2. Having the Jets get to the playoffs so we get their second round pick.

3. Picking in the top ten of each round.

4. Scrapping the ZBS.

5. Continued development of our young players.

6. Watching the Vikings get squashed in the playoffs, and having their fatboys sit out the first four games next season.

7. Returning my Christmas presents and getting what I really wanted.

Face it boys, this season is over. Digs called it a few weeks ago.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
15 years ago
I also wonder about the RB situation next year. I know some of it is the blocking, but did Grant really have any long runs this season that changed the momentum our way like last year? I don't think he has.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
digsthepack
15 years ago
Dakota....it brings me great sadness that my one psychic success story is/was the demise of the 2008 Packers' team.

It scares me to even think that Mike McCarthy might use the injury excuse to retain Sanders. The Jags were down 2 starting WRs; a starting RB; were operating behind a makeshift OL; and had an ice cold QB entering yesterdays contest....injuries happen, and our defense is incapable of operating unless everything is perfect. As ugly a defensive performance the last month as I have witnessed in my entire football-watching life.

And the ZBS has got to go. When this team needs a yard, the ZBS fails more often than not....and the reality is that by not engaging the opponent's DL with mauling man-on-man blocking, the defrensive line remains pretty fresh late into the game at a time when one might otherwise expect some waning energy.

Bottom line....MM and Ted Thompson have their work cut out for them, and lots of hard decisions to make. Resign young players in the coming couple years, or invest in the FA market? Tough call!
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
warhawk
15 years ago
Good list. IMO these losses piling up probably means Ted will have to dip into FA. Especially when you look at the need we have at right DE. The rookie DE's in the league this year have not exactly cleaned up and unless we get real fortunate I don't see a rook giving us what we need there.

Even Mario took an extra year to get to where he's a force.

I expect a great draft but I look at where we need help and rookies NORMALLY don't produce big numbers right off the bat in the trenches so I can see Ted making a couple of FA moves to get some heat off his butt.
"The train is leaving the station."
digsthepack
15 years ago
Sadly, the Packers are now the team that bad teams want to play to get better. Sucks!
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
15 years ago
Don't forget, we have Cullen Jenkins coming back next year. In less than 4 games in 2008 he had 13 tackles and 2.5 sacks, (10 and 2.5 in the 3 full games he played before the injury). He was arguably the best player on our D before he got hurt.

I think we need a DT to get some push up the middle. I would love BJ Raji.
UserPostedImage
chibiabo
15 years ago

1. Having a new defensive scheme that doesn't funnel everything to the MLB.

2. Having the Jets get to the playoffs so we get their second round pick.

3. Picking in the top ten of each round.

4. Scrapping the ZBS.

5. Continued development of our young players.

6. Watching the Vikings get squashed in the playoffs, and having their fatboys sit out the first four games next season.

7. Returning my Christmas presents and getting what I really wanted.

Face it boys, this season is over. Digs called it a few weeks ago.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Got my vote! :thumbright: Hope Ted Thompson can get his mind on the draft now.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago
I am looking forward to pondering draft moves and waiting for a big impact free agent signing that probably won't come.

I am interested in seeing how this staff is shaken up and potentially two years worth of piling issues are addressed.. probably be disappointed when the towel boy is let go because he had bad karma and caused the injuries to mount.

I am excited to hear what Mr Thompson has to say at the end of the wrap up.. hopefully I am reading it or he has taken some public speaking classes this season..

I am interested in hearing if people pile excuses on to justify the poor showing or will they address the root causes.

I am excited that we won't be able to use the "youth" excuse next season. (Watch Ted Thompson spin his picks into about 20 and we start over on the building scale)

What I am not looking forward to is the 10,321 threads about how Rodgers lost the season and Favre would have been magically able to guide us to the promised land.

Some other key notes..

We have Driver, Jennings, Jones and Nelson at WR.

We have the makings of 2 solid backs.. now if we can add open open field threat in the backfield to add some juice there.

Rodgers exceeded my expectations.

We finally may be past the Colledge at guard experience.

Jenkins and Kampman at ends.

Woodson looked good at safety.. in a year or two, he may be able to add a couple of solid seasons to his career.

Harris came back and played well.

Tramon Williams is becoming a player.

Crosby is a heck of a young kicker.

Tony Moll has played better than I thought he could.. not perfect by any means but better.

Spitz is becoming a solid NFL guard.

There are lots of things to look forward to..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
15 years ago

Got my vote! :thumbright: Hope Ted Thompson can get his mind on the draft now.

"chibiabo" wrote:

From what I've read in the past, personnel is a year round thing with TT, be it FA's or college players.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

I am looking forward to pondering draft moves and waiting for a big impact free agent signing that probably won't come.

I lean towards Peppers---will take Haynesworth, and wouldn't be surprised or angry if one or both FAIL... it is risky and this must be understood by all.

I am interested in seeing how this staff is shaken up and potentially two years worth of piling issues are addressed.. probably be disappointed when the towel boy is let go because he had bad karma and caused the injuries to mount.

Fire the beer guy/plumber (interesting job combo, btw) perhaps split his duties kinda like GM / Head coach job gets split into two jobs. Could be key to our future success, ya just never know what will take you over the top. :thumbleft:

I am excited to hear what Mr Thompson has to say at the end of the wrap up.. hopefully I am reading it or he has taken some public speaking classes this season..

I predict it will drive you to lash out in anger....me too, so I'll just go ahead and agree with you now so that I don't have to post it then, even though I have absolutely no clue what he might say. :icon_smile:

I am interested in hearing if people pile excuses on to justify the poor showing or will they address the root causes.

I would have added, "and how many fans will spend the entire offseason on the blame game and not bother to advocate reasonable solutions."

I am excited that we won't be able to use the "youth" excuse next season. (Watch Ted Thompson spin his picks into about 20 and we start over on the building scale)

I want ONE tradeback if we are sitting in the "ten hole" or better. I think a tradeback to 20-24 would be ideal. I have never advocated a tradeback before, so that must mean Ted Thompson will be contemplating trading our 1st round pick for like all of the 7th round.

What I am not looking forward to is the 10,321 threads about how Rodgers lost the season and Favre would have been magically able to guide us to the promised land.

What's the count so far? Pretty high, from the looks of things.

Some other key notes..

We have Driver, Jennings, Jones and Nelson at WR.

And DD is showing NO signs of age.

We have the makings of 2 solid backs.. now if we can add open open field threat in the backfield to add some juice there.

As long as you don't mess with the first 3 rounds of the draft I don't give a shit what you do. :icon_smile: (Reserved for linemen)

Rodgers exceeded my expectations.

Everyone posted yardage numbers/TD's/ints on various boards. I think he was better than 90% of the board prognosticators thought he would be, FNG warts and all.

We finally may be past the Colledge at guard experience.

He would be very lucky indeed to survive my personal 53 man roster, much less get anywhere near a starting job.

Jenkins and Kampman at ends.

Yes. With a HARD look at what might come available through FA--- NOT the draft.

Woodson looked good at safety.. in a year or two, he may be able to add a couple of solid seasons to his career.

Still like him at corner, but that is a Tramon thing, not a Charles thing.

Harris came back and played well.

And should not be traded.

Tramon Williams is becoming a player.

He regressed, but he flashes...all to be expected

Crosby is a heck of a young kicker.

A solution guy, not a problem guy.

And my homie left footed spin-steer punter is a pleasant aquisition.

Tony Moll has played better than I thought he could.. not perfect by any means but better.

Tony Moll is another piece of toast in my mad scientist scheme.

Spitz is becoming a solid NFL guard.

Probably a sole survivor on my line...

There are lots of things to look forward to..

"pack93z" wrote:

Hell, I'm already doing the math on the draft.

We also have the 4 game suspension drama for Minnesota...

I LOVE a parade, especially if it's Minnesota Vikings players passing in review in front of a Federal Judge.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (18h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.