Gaycandybacon
11 years ago
Ya it's shannahans fault. Who would of thought the turf would sack him and roll under his leg. Shannahan sure did.

The only way it would be Shannahans fault is if he forced RG3 to go out and play if RG3 DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY. It's not the coaches fault. #Injurieshappen
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
Slightly off topic but let's throw Nick Collins into the mix. If some of the doctors said he's ok to play and some doctors said they didn't think so, Ted, Nick and Mike all agree that he can play and Mike put him back on the field after surgery and he ended up paralyzed that would not constituent firing a HC.

The reason I mention Nick is his potential injury could be paralysis which is far more serious than RG3's knee injury.

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
11 years ago

Slightly off topic but let's throw Nick Collins into the mix. If some of the doctors said he's ok to play and some doctors said they didn't think so, Ted, Nick and Mike all agree that he can play and Mike put him back on the field after surgery and he ended up paralyzed that would not constituent firing a HC.

The reason I mention Nick is his potential injury could be paralysis which is far more serious than RG3's knee injury.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

If that was Aaron Rodgers hobbling on the field being teed off on by the Seahawk defence would you not be yelling to get him the hell out of the game? I know I would and I would blame the fuck out of the coach should any permanent damage be done.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

If that was Aaron Rodgers hobbling on the field being teed off on by the Seahawk defence would you not be yelling to get him the hell out of the game? I know I would and I would blame the fuck out of the coach should any permanent damage be done.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

yelling at coach < firing him
UserPostedImage
Formo
11 years ago

My opinion of Shannahan the man aside.. no, players know their bodies better than anyone. If a player says they can play.. and that player with limitations due to the ding presents a better option on winning that game.. he plays.

It wasn't like the Ravens game were the Docs never got a chance to thumb up or down it.. it is between the coaches and player if he plays upon being cleared.

I heard on the Radio this morning that due to RGIII's age, an adult should have pulled him. Is RG3 not old enough to vote, drink or serve for this country. Then he is certainly old enough to make this decision for himself.

I disagree with the premise that this falls on the coach.. it doesn't, it falls upon the player if he is good to go, and then it is on the coach if this player gives them the best shot to win.

Jared Allen played the most of the season with a torn labrum for instance.. he played because he thought he could and the Vikes thought he gave them the best chance to win. Same with Suggs, Lewis, Justin Smith... they all have decided that they can play through it.

Cutler a couple years ago, decided he couldn't go. Ponder had it decided for him that he didn't give the Vikes the best chance to win this past weekend. This happens all the time.

The only time I would disagree, is in head related injuries where the player may be compromised mentally, at that point the doctors and coaches should make the call to sit the player.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Agreed. That, and we have to take injuries case by case. No broad generalizations. I think it's ludicrous that fans sitting on their fat asses (including myself) are calling Ponder/Cutler pussies because they have taken themselves out of playoff games. Yeah, it's easy to make a decision for a guy when it's not YOUR elbow/leg/etc. that's jacked up.

His demeanor aside, I actually like Cutler's grittiness.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Agreed. That, and we have to take injuries case by case. No broad generalizations. I think it's ludicrous that fans sitting on their fat asses (including myself) are calling Ponder/Cutler pussies because they have taken themselves out of playoff games. Yeah, it's easy to make a decision for a guy when it's not YOUR elbow/leg/etc. that's jacked up.

His demeanor aside, I actually like Cutler's grittiness.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

It is our duty to question their manhood. Especially when it is a player from the other team.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago
Shanahan = douchebag!

I still remember the Donkeys ZBS taking out a Cincinatti Bengal DL on MNF and consequently the other three DL were in the grills of Shanahan and Kubiak. I was really hoping the two douchebag coaches would have been seriously injured.

As for Griffin, it was his decision to keep playing and Shanahan shouldn't be fired. Washington was the inferior team to the Seahags.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago

Shanahan = douchebag!

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I agreed with Troy today.

But that doesn't change the elements of my beliefs in this case. Even Billy the Cheat would get the nod here.. that f*&%ing piece of mushy and rotten dog feces.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
TheKanataThrilla
11 years ago

yelling at coach < firing him

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I'd be yelling at him to get him out of the game as a fan. If he kept him in and he ended up with injuries that could be career threating I would want him fired. How rare is it to have a franchise QB. What was the name of the last franchise QB in Washington. Rypien? Theismann?
TheKanataThrilla
11 years ago
delete
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.