Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Boom! You only need to read Jason Wilde's stuff and you'll get everything you need regarding the Packers.

CHICAGO – Charles Woodson isn’t mad. Well, check that. The Green Bay Packers veteran safety isn’t mad at team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie. He’s mad at the situation.

But Woodson insisted in the wake of Sunday’s 21-13 victory over the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field that he isn’t upset that McKenzie and the Packers medical staff have yet to clear him for game action nearly two months after he broke his collarbone at St. Louis on Oct. 21.

I am pissed, because I want to play. But it’s a mutual decision,” said Woodson, who started practicing two weeks ago and even practiced last week, even though he’d been ruled out on Wednesday. “You know if there was any other way, I’d be playing. But I understand the doctors’ expert opinion, and we’re in agreement 100 percent. So we just want to give it time.”

Woodson made it clear that is going to play again this season. The doctors have not ruled that out, and the team has not placed him on season-ending injured reserve.

“Oh, I’m coming back. I’m coming back. I’m coming back – so don’t worry about that,” Woodson said. Asked if it might be next week against Tennessee, he smiled and replied, “We’ll see. We’ll see.”

Given the way the defense has played without him, Woodson said there’s no reason to take an unnecessary risk.

“We'll sit down against this week, talk it over, and see if we feel like it's a good time to come back and we'll go from there,” Woodson said. “Right now the team is playing well. And we felt like they could come down here and get a ‘W’ whether I played or not. And they did. The consensus is that when I do come back, we're going to make sure it's 100 percent. That's it.”

Asked if he might wait until the playoffs, Woodson replied, “That I don't know. I don't know if I really want to sit and then just come back in the playoffs. Probably much rather get in a game, get some time and game speed, get yourself dirty a little bit. We'll see what happens.”

Jason Wild  wrote:

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
11 years ago
I'm uncomfortable with his first game back being in the playoffs as well. If nothing else let's get him in the Vikings game.
DakotaT
11 years ago
I'm uncomfortable for his propensity for holding calls giving a free 5 yards and a first down. I'm also uncomfortable with him taking Hayward and House off the field. His only position should be strong safety in obvious run situations or as a blitzer. This is a game of speed and Wood is in the same boat as Urlacher. It will be really interesting if he is retained next year with his high cap number.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
11 years ago

I'm uncomfortable for his propensity for holding calls giving a free 5 yards and a first down. I'm also uncomfortable with him taking Hayward and House off the field. His only position should be strong safety in obvious run situations or as a blitzer. This is a game of speed and Wood is in the same boat as Urlacher. It will be really interesting if he is retained next year with his high cap number.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I'm hopeful he will only take MD Jennings off the field.
musccy
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

This is the uncomfortable realization we're all coming to. He's been great, but it's clear he has become a liability at times and hard to believe his coverage skills are an upgrade over Heyward.

Porforis
11 years ago
Seems like next week would be a good week to have him back if he's physically ready. Not to say that we can sleep through this game, but if there's hiccups re-implementing him back into the scheme then it's a good time to work out the kinks against the lowly Titans. Then again, if we gamble and hold him out until the playoffs (especially if we play Minnesota in the first round) there could be a bit of a surprise factor that could benefit us.

Then again, I agree with everyone else in that he's probably a slight downgrade in coverage and will give up some free first downs. But he's got better big play capabilities than our other safeties as well as decent at getting pressure on the QB on a blitz.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I'm uncomfortable not having Charles Woodson, the 2nd best player at Safety for the Packers not being on the field. He misses lots of tackles, but in the same breathe, he's always willing to stick his nose in there ... I can't say that for the rest of the Packers secondary.

The Packers defense needs Charles Woodson on the field. The good outweighs the bad, easily.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

I'm uncomfortable with his first game back being in the playoffs as well. If nothing else let's get him in the Vikings game.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Exactly. You want to have him back before the games mean anything. Let him play against the minor league team first then step it up the following week.
UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04
11 years ago

I'm uncomfortable not having Charles Woodson, the 2nd best player at Safety for the Packers not being on the field. He misses lots of tackles, but in the same breathe, he's always willing to stick his nose in there ... I can't say that for the rest of the Packers secondary.

The Packers defense needs Charles Woodson on the field. The good outweighs the bad, easily.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think the defense has been holding up quite well in the past few weeks. With the paltry output of the offense (compared to last year) the defense has been helping us win games.

Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
A limited number of snaps against Tenn might be good, then increase his load against the Vikes and get him ready for the playoffs.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.