gbguy20
11 years ago

Packers defeat Bears - Packers are in (if the Packers lose out and the Bears win out, Packers win division due to 2-0 in head to head)
Packers go 2-1 but lose to the Bears, Packers are NOT in (If the Packers finish 11-5 and the Bears win out, the Bears will have 11-5 and the Packers will tie the Bears divisional record at 4-2. Packers lose out on common opponents)

So if the Packers are going to choose their own destiny, they either beat the bears or win the final two games.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I'd almost rather be "out" in this scenario and go in as the 5 or 6 seed. Dome/warm games in the playoffs please. I would not be against winning the division, Lambeau just worries me in the playoffs lately.
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
The important thing is that the Packers destiny if in their own hands.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago
Win out and go for #1 seed. Just need a little help from Gmen, Lions and Bucs beating Atl, while SF loses to Pats and were gold.

If we stay at #3, looking like a home game against Da' Bears, skins, boys or Vikes. Then at SF.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

This time, Jarret Bush doesn't start at CB.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Hopefully this time Aaron Rodgers doesn't throw a gift interception just when ALL the momentum had swung The Packers way.

[sarcasm]

Blaming a loss or thinking the outcome of the game will be different because of one player IS ABSOLUTE FOOTBALL IGNORANCE!!!!!!

Packers just need to take care of their own business the next 3 weeks, They win out, there's a pretty good chance they will get a bye and be ready for whoever comes a callin'
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
mi_keys
11 years ago

Packers go 2-1 but lose to the Bears, Packers are NOT in (If the Packers finish 11-5 and the Bears win out, the Bears will have 11-5 and the Packers will tie the Bears divisional record at 4-2. Packers lose out on common opponents)

So if the Packers are going to choose their own destiny, they either beat the bears or win the final two games.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

This is actually inaccurate. If we lose to the Bears and win out we'll be 5-1 in the division to their 4-2. We'd win the division on that tie breaker.

If we finish tied to Chicago in a scenario where we have the same division record (we lose to the Bears and Vikings *pukes* and Chicago loses to Arizona) we'll advance on common opponents. The simple way to determine common opponents between two division rivals is to look at the only non-common games they had. In any given season you only have 4 non-common games: the two head-to-head (which we must assume are split or this conversation is moot) and the two games against teams finishing the same rank in the division the year prior. For the Packers this year, we lost to the Giants and won against the Saints. The Bears beat both the Cowboys and the Panthers. If we finish with the same record that means we'll have the better record against common opponents.

In short, we'll have the tiebreaker over the Bears in any scenario in which we finish with the same record*

*Includes a three-way tie with Minnesota. A three-way tie in Minnesota could end with the Packers winning the division on best division record; or Minnesota winning the division on common games (lost to both the Redskins and Bucs). We can't finish behind Minnesota in division record, only tied or ahead. Chicago would finish 3rd on common games regardless.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Cheesey
11 years ago
Beat the Bears, and then whoever is next!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
What has to happen to get the 1 seed, 2 seed and 3 seed? Someone, BREAK IT DOWN please.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

What has to happen to get the 1 seed, 2 seed and 3 seed? Someone, BREAK IT DOWN please.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

GB win. The others Atl and or SF lose.

SF can lose its next two games. which are @ New England and @ Seattle. Then home for a win over AZ.
Atl has an easier schedule. NYG, @ Det, Tampa.

If GB goes 2-1 and SF 1-2 GB is the 2 seed.
Atl would have to go 0-3 and GB 2-1. Both would be 11-5 but GB would have the better conference record.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
11 years ago

This is actually inaccurate. If we lose to the Bears and win out we'll be 5-1 in the division to their 4-2. We'd win the division on that tie breaker.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

That it is, thanks!
LambeauEast
11 years ago
As far as I'm concerned, if the Packers get the #2 seed, that might as well be #1 seed bye proxy. I don't know about you guys, but I don't buy the Falcons at all, and feel they will be 1 and done, therefor making all visitors en route to NOLA come thru Lambeau.

Now, getting the rematches with the 49ers and/or Giants that everyone seems to think the outcome would be different in any way for some strange reason, I'm not so sure about. But that hurdle would be attempted to be jumped when the time comes.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
56m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.