nerdmann
11 years ago

Everything said. Just double or triple-team Megatron on every single play, put pressure on Stafford and it should end up as a W in the books. Other than that I just want to have a great time at Lambeau Field again and not waiting half an hour to pee like LambeauEast [grin1]

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert 

We also need to pass protect. Keep that in mind.

Get the ball out in under 8 seconds.

Time of possession will wear down the defensive line. Screens, traps and misdirection will get them running sideline to sideline, which will also tend to wear them down.

Run blocking would be cool too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
11 years ago
If the Packers dont beat them up early its going to be a close game
UserPostedImage
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago
Sam Shields back, Greg Jennings in his 2nd week back, Ryan Grant Resigned, possible C Wood apperance? I think they might feature Ryan Grant this game cause Mike McCarthy tends to do that with new players coming back. But I could be wrong and just does a 2 back punch like the last game.

Anyways I like us by 13 points. Idunno It seems like we could blow them out this game I just have a feeling.. 35-23
Yerko
11 years ago

We dominate this one so long as we constantly double and triple-team Calvin Johnson. One on one man coverage for everyone else. You'd think it'd be common sense but we didn't do so consistently last time and he torched us. Let their other WRs try to beat us in man, if we give up a long TD if someone slips, so be it. I just do NOT want to see Johnson single-covered or covered by a LB with a safety in zone over the top, lest I have an aneurism.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I think double coverage is a must as well and can be done this game. With the injuries to the Lions wide receivers, everything below Megatron is an unknown.

Mike Thomas
Brian Robiskie
Lance Long
Kassim Osgood
Kris Durham

I think it is is safe to say they can double cover Megatron without having problems elsewhere. Scheffler and Pettigrew don't bring much to the table either.

UserPostedImage
LambeauEast
11 years ago

Everything said. Just double or triple-team Megatron on every single play, put pressure on Stafford and it should end up as a W in the books. Other than that I just want to have a great time at Lambeau Field again and not waiting half an hour to pee like LambeauEast [grin1]

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert 

LOL, I hope not! Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't drank SO much and needed to go as often. I cheated myself out of the best seats I'll ever have, and am quite disappointed in myself! That said, have a BLAST, and GO PACK GO!

UserPostedImage
blueleopard
11 years ago
You guys are overlooking their TEs.

Brandon Pettigrew, Tony Scheffler, and Will Heller don't exactly suck.

And it's not like the Packers have been locking down the middle of the field.

That said, anybody know if Clay's back? We need some pass rush.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
yooperfan
11 years ago
We have changed our plans for this game.
Rather than leave our seats empty as previously planned in protest of the NFL reffing debacle of early season, we have decided to go to the game.
It couldn't have had anything to do with our seats being in row 4 behind the Lions bench and having the opportunity to get under Suh and Swartzes skin.
gbguy20
11 years ago

We have changed our plans for this game.
Rather than leave our seats empty as previously planned in protest of the NFL reffing debacle of early season, we have decided to go to the game.
It couldn't have had anything to do with our seats being in row 4 behind the Lions bench and having the opportunity to get under Suh and Swartzes skin.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

throw vegetables at them
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
yes I know Zero wants us to view the injury report from the Packer page but I found APC's Devin Shanley's   comments interesting and they make more sense when you can view the injury list at the same time.

Name Position Injury Fri. Game Status
Donald Driver WR Thumb LP Probable
T.J. Lang G/T Ankle LP Questionable
Terrell Manning LB Shoulder LP Questionable
Clay Matthews OLB Hamstring DNP Out
Mike Neal DE Shoulder DNP Doubtful
Jordy Nelson WR Hamstring DNP Out
Jeff Saturday C Foot LP Probable
Sam Shields CB Ankle FP Probable
James Starks RB Knee DNP Out
C.J. Wilson DE Knee DNP Out
Charles Woodson DB Collarbone LP Out

Perhaps the biggest surprise of the day was that T.J. Lang was back at practice and is now listed as "Questionable." Now the Packers are saying that Lang’s participation in the practice was "very limited" and that his participation is a game-time decision. The thing is though, even if Lang is activated don’t expect him to be the starter. The reports coming out of 1265 suggest that even if Lang is activated he would be an emergency backup only. If Lang is unavailable the tea leaves suggest that the Packers may make some last minute roster moves in order to promote Andrew Datko to the roster to add some depth as well.

The best advice I can give you though is to prepare yourself to watch Evan Dietrich-Smith and Don Barclay on Sunday for most of the game. It will probably get a little dicey at times watching these two try and block, but at least then we fans will get a real sense of which one of these two will become the bigger liability. That way when Lang does come back we will have a good sense which one should be sent back to the bench.

Another piece of good news is that Sam Shields is listed as probable, meaning that this will mark his return to action for the Packers. Where he fits in and how many defensive pass interference calls he will receive are yet to be determined, but at least we know that the cornerback unit will be crazy deep for this Sunday’s game.

For those worried about Mike Neal it appears the shoulder injury is not as bad as feared earlier in the week. Even though he did not practice he is listed as "doubtful" instead of just out. Hopefully he should only miss this week with the current shoulder issue.

The last bit of good news to pass along is that we finally know when the Charles Woodson and Clay Matthews injury hiatus will end. The bad news is that it will probably be next week. Even though Woodson was a participant in practice this week the Packers are holding him out one more week to be sure. It seems the Packers wanted him in practice now in order to see how his body would hold up wearing shoulder pads again. This couldn't be done next week because the Packers are just about out of their allotment of padded practices for the year and next week they are in shells most of the week.

The Lions haven’t listed any players out, and the most injured players are all listed as questionable. Here is their chart:

Name Position Injury Fri. Game Status
Jeff Backus T Hamstring LP Questionable
Gosder Cherilus T Knees LP Questionable
Louis Delmas S Knee DNP Questionable
Nick Fairley DT Quadriep LP Questionable
Chris Houston CB Ankle LP Questionable
Lawrence Jackson DE Concussion FP Probable
Jacob Lacey CB Foot / Achilles LP Questionable
Kassim Osgood WR Finger FP Probable
Corey Williams DT Knee DNP Questionable
Ashlee Palmer LB Thumb FP Probable

For those who were crossing their fingers to see Nick Fairley listed as "Out" you are probably a bit disappointed. Fairly did return to practice on Friday and is listed as questionable for the game. Also a bit of a surprise is that Louis Delmas did not practice on Friday, it appears as quickly as he returned to practice he then returned to not being at practice. Delams and Chris Houston are both listed as questionable for the game on Sunday.

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago
We're gonna have to keep Kuhn back a lot to protect 🇦🇷. The Lions have the capability of scoring. Not saying they'll score. I'm saying they CAN score. Big difference.

That team is pure talent. It's got enough talent to be a top 10 NFL team. But they have serious morale problems and their coaches smoke crack.

We'll beat them as long as we don't look past them. 🇲🇲 needs to drill this into the players. Protect 🇦🇷. Have Dom figure out some ways to put Stafford on his back. Be careful about Calvin Johnson as he's back. The first half of the year, he couldn't get TDs. Now he's getting them again.

Be warned Packers - do not overlook this team.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.