nerdmann
11 years ago

It is unfortunate to watch your team and know deep down that they are outmatched (mostly physically) in the conference. Offense and defense are both average with moments of good play but no consistency. Giants and 49ers have our number unfortunately.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

I disagree.

We can beat either of those teams.

The Cowboys had our number in the 90s. These teams our not insurmountable.

We lost this game because 1: The Giants were coming out fresh off a bye, 2: Were doing so AT HOME and 3: We played like we did against the Lions.

Take away any one of those factors and it's a different game. We've shown we can beat this team, they've just won the last two, that's all.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
11 years ago
The Packers got their collective butts handed to them in every aspect of the game.
The Pack looked totally unprepared.
Our defense looked like last year'd defense, and out offense suked big. It was like watching a replay of the playoff loss last year.
You'd think after getting pummeled more then once by the Giants that the Packer coaches would get a clue.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago
How about a different take on what happened Sunday night against the Giants?

Was McCarthy holding his cards closer to the vest? Did he start the "...Not a Must Win" thread? I've read some commentary along those lines recently, implying that he certainly was not trying too hard to get a win in NY. Holding out a bunch of players that could have played might be shining a new light on his approach. Maybe they simply tossed this game, especially after it had gotten beyond reasonable for a come back attempt. Maybe they were going to play a limited game from the start, and let what happens happens.

McCarthy and his team did not show a lot. That is for sure. I've got to agree that if we're going to win one, it might as well be in the playoffs.

Do I agree with this kind of tact? No. Can I see it as a possibility? Yes. Limited personnel to protect against further injury. Limited gameplan to protect your future intentions.
DarkaneRules
11 years ago
Plus we were on the road. Still. The whole KC Chief game plan continues to beat us.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

How about a different take on what happened Sunday night against the Giants?

Was McCarthy holding his cards closer to the vest? Did he start the "...Not a Must Win" thread? I've read some commentary along those lines recently, implying that he certainly was not trying too hard to get a win in NY. Holding out a bunch of players that could have played might be shining a new light on his approach. Maybe they simply tossed this game, especially after it had gotten beyond reasonable for a come back attempt. Maybe they were going to play a limited game from the start, and let what happens happens.

McCarthy and his team did not show a lot. That is for sure. I've got to agree that if we're going to win one, it might as well be in the playoffs.

Do I agree with this kind of tact? No. Can I see it as a possibility? Yes. Limited personnel to protect against further injury. Limited gameplan to protect your future intentions.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

The thought has crossed my mind, and it doesn't make me happy. If it was just resting players, I could live with that, but he seemed to be calling vanilla plays as well which I don't like. And would hate if I was a player.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
play2win
11 years ago

The thought has crossed my mind, and it doesn't make me happy. If it was just resting players, I could live with that, but he seemed to be calling vanilla plays as well which I don't like. And would hate if I was a player.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Yeah. The more I think about what we saw Sunday night, the more I think there was something other than an all-out effort by everyone involved. Not overt, but palpable. Even keeping Hayward out in favor of House, seems kind of odd looking back on it. Your hottest ballhawk? Capers said it was a size matchup issue. I have my doubts.

Mike McCarthy is playing for the postseason. Period. He wants his guys healthy, and he obviously wants to do his winning there. it is kind of tough to argue that tact, when the year prior, his team was going for an undefeated season, only to be blown out when it mattered most.
DakotaT
11 years ago
You guys can justify that dog shit we watched on Sunday night all you want to, I'll just go with we were undermanned and didn't belong on the same field with a rested Giants team. This isn't the NBA, and I have a hard time believing a team in the playoff hunts just punts away a conference game.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago
I'm not justifying jack shit Dakota. I said I don't agree with it. But, I can see the rationale. It is not the way I would have approached it. I would have tried to win the fucker and bring any postseason game back to GB so that we can take back our home field, and make it an advantage.

:-)
DakotaT
11 years ago

I'm not justifying jack shit Dakota. I said I don't agree with it. But, I can see the rationale. It is not the way I would have approached it. I would have tried to win the fucker and bring any postseason game back to GB so that we can take back our home field, and make it an advantage.

:-)

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I think we will win our division and get the 4th seed, so we'll host a wild card game and then travel to Atlanta. If we get by that game, we'll be playing either the 9ers or Giants on their field which I hope we get the 9ers. The Giants are a matchup nightmare for us.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

I think we will win our division and get the 4th seed, so we'll host a wild card game and then travel to Atlanta. If we get by that game, we'll be playing either the 9ers or Giants on their field which I hope we get the 9ers. The Giants are a matchup nightmare for us.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Assuming we win the division. That would probably mean we likely win out. Bears don't have a terribly hard schedule, they make it through Seattle this week, and we would be their only loss down the stretch. Making both of us 12-4. The Giants do have a tougher schedule, at Wash no guarantee their with that rivalry followed by NO, at ATL, at BAL before a bye week 17 vs Philly. I would not be surprised for them to lose one or 2 of those games. That would make us the higher seed with a game at home and on the road to SF not NY.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.