DakotaT
11 years ago
So saying 30 years of trickle down economics was bullshit just doesn't have the same effect as that long winded explanation? You must just sit back and laugh watching me take on these boys night after night, but I'm going to take a vacation from it.

If only Republicans didn't live in that bubble that excludes them from obvious facts. I'm so happy more less afluent Americans finally woke up and realized how badly they've been sodomized over the years. And congratulations to the Republican Party for running the poster child of what is wrong in America.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago

Revisionist history again, eh?

Now there is plenty of blame to go around for the current state of our economic affairs and we're talking decades and decades back. Republicans and Democrats alike. And we, yes we, the American people will have to shoulder some of that blame as well.

But if you want to pick one person that is the most culpable for this huge economic mess, well that would be...one Ronald Wilson Reagan.
He did more economic short and long term damage to this country than anyone... and that is still being felt to this day.

"A lapse into fiscal indiscipline on a scale never before experienced in peacetime." --David Stockman (Reagan's budget director)

"The epitaph of the Reagan presidency will be: 'When Ronald Reagan became President, the United States was the largest creditor nation. When he left the presidency, we were the world's largest debtor nation.'"
--Lester Thurow, MIT professor of economics

In his presidency, Reagan chose as his economic advisers a group that espoused a radical economic theory called "supply-side." The supply-siders told Reagan that if he gave tax cuts to the top brackets (the wealthiest individuals) the positive effects would "trickle down" to everyone else. Tax cuts, they argued, would produce so much growth in the economy that America could simply outgrow its deficits.
Reagan bought into supply-side theory, which is why in 1981 he predicted that there would be a "drastic reduction in the deficit."

However, Reagan soon discovered that his supply-side advisers were wrong. Tax cuts, instead of reducing the deficit, caused the deficit to balloon.

And we won't even get into the scandals that rocked Reagan's presidency....or the huge, and I mean huge Savings and Loan debacle of the mid 1980's.

Federal deficits would continue unabated until the presidency of Bill Clinton when fiscal responsibility would finally be restored.
President Clinton achieved a balanced budget (and even record surpluses) in large measure by restoring higher taxes on the wealthy.

Now enter one George W. Bush....

"America has a strong economy and a surplus.... Now is the time to reform the tax code and share some of the surplus with the people who pay the bills."
--George W. Bush, nomination acceptance speech, 3 August 2000

After the election of 2000, Bush and a Republican-led Congress reduced income taxes, with the majority of the tax cuts going to America's wealthiest individuals. With the introduction of Bush's tax cuts, the budget surplus immediately disappeared and deficits resumed. By the end of Bush's eight-year term, the national debt stood at $10 trillion -- double its level when Bush assumed office.

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

=d>

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

I personally don't give a shit. I made my money outside the military, so kma

Edit- Do your research, lol I'm a Dartmouth man, we know how to make money. It's what we do.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Omigosh, I forgot that the Foster is an Ivy. That's why you have so many of those effing liberal tendencies.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Formo
11 years ago

Revisionist history again, eh?

Now there is plenty of blame to go around for the current state of our economic affairs and we're talking decades and decades back. Republicans and Democrats alike. And we, yes we, the American people will have to shoulder some of that blame as well.

But if you want to pick one person that is the most culpable for this huge economic mess, well that would be...one Ronald Wilson Reagan.
He did more economic short and long term damage to this country than anyone... and that is still being felt to this day.

"A lapse into fiscal indiscipline on a scale never before experienced in peacetime." --David Stockman (Reagan's budget director)

"The epitaph of the Reagan presidency will be: 'When Ronald Reagan became President, the United States was the largest creditor nation. When he left the presidency, we were the world's largest debtor nation.'"
--Lester Thurow, MIT professor of economics

In his presidency, Reagan chose as his economic advisers a group that espoused a radical economic theory called "supply-side." The supply-siders told Reagan that if he gave tax cuts to the top brackets (the wealthiest individuals) the positive effects would "trickle down" to everyone else. Tax cuts, they argued, would produce so much growth in the economy that America could simply outgrow its deficits.
Reagan bought into supply-side theory, which is why in 1981 he predicted that there would be a "drastic reduction in the deficit."

However, Reagan soon discovered that his supply-side advisers were wrong. Tax cuts, instead of reducing the deficit, caused the deficit to balloon.

And we won't even get into the scandals that rocked Reagan's presidency....or the huge, and I mean huge Savings and Loan debacle of the mid 1980's.

Federal deficits would continue unabated until the presidency of Bill Clinton when fiscal responsibility would finally be restored.
President Clinton achieved a balanced budget (and even record surpluses) in large measure by restoring higher taxes on the wealthy.

Now enter one George W. Bush....

"America has a strong economy and a surplus.... Now is the time to reform the tax code and share some of the surplus with the people who pay the bills."
--George W. Bush, nomination acceptance speech, 3 August 2000

After the election of 2000, Bush and a Republican-led Congress reduced income taxes, with the majority of the tax cuts going to America's wealthiest individuals. With the introduction of Bush's tax cuts, the budget surplus immediately disappeared and deficits resumed. By the end of Bush's eight-year term, the national debt stood at $10 trillion -- double its level when Bush assumed office.

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

Clearly you have all the answers!

Bush and Reagan are at fault.. Therefor, LETS TAX THEM ALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck it, why the hell aren't we paying %50+ federal tax rate across the board? It's obvious that's the answer, right?
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
11 years ago

Vikings must have won on Sunday, haven't seen your dumbass around here in a while.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

This is, sadly, the only thread that's 'moving' on the site. No one's really talking football, and I'm done mingling with the retarded LvR/RvD sheeple in this thread. So I've avoided it. I drop in on occasion to see some classic rhetoric spouted off by you, or someone else, and log back out.

Fuck you all with your lifeterm politicians.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Cheesey
11 years ago

Or they could just pay the higher wage and have happier employees, and also pay less taxes by reducing their bottom line a little.

Class warfare is just a term used by the wealthy that don't want to pay the 3% more in taxes they will be paying next year and beyond.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

This kind of post just makes me shake my head.
Let's see.....just give everyone a great big raise, and that will solve everything!
nevermind that in doing so, the products that are being made by these companies will have to go up in order to cover said raises.....which means you then will have to pay more for what you buy. Thus removing your "raise" to pay for your cost of living going sky high. A vicious circle.
OR: The company you work at will be forced out of business because they now can't compete with the cheap China products.

There are just as many "rich" democrats. They just make the "sheep" THINK they are on "their" side to buy their collective votes.
I'd say they accomplished it, too. They bought off the "weak minded" by promising them all these "freebies". Of course they don't say WHO is going to PAY for all these freebies.
Future generations will end up paying for it. I guess i shouldn't care, as i have no kids to worry about their future.

I LOVE how Bush, and Reagan get blamed for ALL the debt. Ignoring that the last 4 years Obama has done NOTHING to lower it. As everyone knows, he added 6 TRILLION to it. What will 4 more years do? He'll just keep making it higher, and bank on his true followers to keep blaming it on the "evil republicans".
As usual, take NO resposibility for his actions.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
11 years ago

This is, sadly, the only thread that's 'moving' on the site. No one's really talking football, and I'm done mingling with the retarded LvR/RvD sheeplein this thread. So I've avoided it. I drop in on occasion to see some classic rhetoric spouted off by you, or someone else, and log back out.

Fuck you all with your lifeterm politicians.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

sheeple
sheeple
sheeple
sheeple
sheeple

[suicide]
Pack93z
11 years ago
UserPostedImage
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
11 years ago
Snip.. another days fight.

Original text

I rarely am candid with my beliefs outside football.. but this thread right here is exhibit A to why we as a nation are truly fucked.

Instead of rallying together, we instead needle at each others throats over spilled milk. Both parties agenda's have gotten us in the hurt.. soup sandwich if you will. What really is accomplished with assigning blame?

Screw it.. we have plenty of bullshit programs that we can learn from and dare not to freaking repeat.

But the more we wallow in the slop fighting each other, the longer it takes us to retake this country from the career politicians and the puppet masters that pull their strings. I highly doubt there are many a candidate from either party that what that.. it would put their skates to a halt. So I expect little to change with them in charge the next four years. But the machines from both parties will start for the next voting cycle.. shouldn't we?

But, no, here were are, a repeat of 4 years ago, slamming each other into the virtual walls thinking somehow things will change.

We are not sheeple.. fuck that. A Sheep learns from running into the barbed wire, not us collective fuckchops.. no, we expect the slice of the wire to hurt less the next time regardless of left or right agendas.
Pack93z
11 years ago
Trying to find a level and party we all can agree upon, endorse and push to victory in 2016. [grin1]

THE AMERICAN BEER DRINKER'S PARTY  

" America's premium political party, committed to the ideology founded on the simple logic, developed when men (& women) sit down, talk, and have a beer."

Celebrating our 10th year !

Welcome to the Official Web Site for the American Beer Drinker's Party. Open up a cold one and hang around a while. We are a rag tag group of loyal American's that have become disillusioned with politics as normal. ( as in RepublicDemocrat Party Inc. ) What we propose and stand for, is a change to a new political system of government, based on the needs of the citizen, as dictated in the Constitution's Preamble. If you don't remember what that says, don't worry, no one in Washington does.

Seriously.. not making that up.

More parties can be researched here .