play2win
11 years ago
I've been thinking about our injuries at WR, and noticed Gurley was signed to SD's PS last week. Maybe we should raid that sucker and bring him back just for insurance purposes. Jennings coming back is no sure thing. What if Jordy's hammy flares? I know I would feel a lot better having that kid back in the Green & Gold. What do you guys think?
RajiRoar
11 years ago
Let's go T.O.!

[sarcasm]

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

I've been thinking about our injuries at WR, and noticed Gurley was signed to SD's PS last week. Maybe we should raid that sucker and bring him back just for insurance purposes. Jennings coming back is no sure thing. What if Jordy's hammy flares? I know I would feel a lot better having that kid back in the Green & Gold. What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Not sure, but I think for The Packers to sign him from SD's PS, he must be put on The 53 man roster.

Who is there to drop?

Now if one of the wr's goes on IR, Gurley would probably be the best option to be able to step in.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I think Gurley was cut by Packers, Vikings, Raiders and Buccaneers all with in a 3 month time span for a reason.... I don't have a clue what they reason is... but most guys don't seem to be cut that fast...

Also which player would you suggest cutting to put Gurley on the 53 man roster?

UserPostedImage
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago
Only way we're getting another WR is if any of the other 4 get hurt.. We didn't keep 6 WRs and 4 TEs for nothin'.
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

I think Gurley was cut by Packers, Vikings, Raiders and Buccaneers all with in a 3 month time span for a reason.... I don't have a clue what they reason is... but most guys don't seem to be cut that fast...

Also which player would you suggest cutting to put Gurley on the 53 man roster?

Originally Posted by: beast 

Lot of time these PS cuts are made because a need for another position comes up due to injury or such.

You can look at it the other way, Gurley has shown promise and teams have signed him knowing if needed he would be able to help out.

I believe Tori Gurley will get his chance with an NFL team, and hope he makes the best of it.

Right now The Packers just don't have room for him, maybe if he is released from SD Ted might bring him back.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
11 years ago

Lot of time these PS cuts are made because a need for another position comes up due to injury or such.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

True that does happen sometimes.... but what's even more true is,

Most of time if they think a player is worth keeping around, they keep the player around.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
good idea but with none of the WR on the IR they don't need him. even if they do sign him he would most likely be on the bottom of the depth chart and they wouldn't have him on the field much.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago

Not sure, but I think for The Packers to sign him from SD's PS, he must be put on The 53 man roster.

Who is there to drop?

Now if one of the wr's goes on IR, Gurley would probably be the best option to be able to step in.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Yerko
11 years ago
Its fishy to me that the guy was cut from 4 teams in a very short period of time. I think with the WR the Packers have, they should be able to use the "next man up". With a quarterback like Rodgers, he can make any receiver we have on our roster look better than they truly are. When I say that, I am referring to bottom players such as Boykin or any other WR that we would take up from the PS.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (43m) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (22h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.