yooperfan
11 years ago
Very sorry to hear that Kevin, but I know you will come up off the mat swinging and will have future success.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
Bummer, Kevin, especially given all you did with respect to the move to Colorado and back.

As everyone above said, though, you got skills, dude. Make it into an opportunity to put them to work where *you* want to put them to work. An opportunity to use 7 weeks of someone else's money to do it!

You Da Man!
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
macbob
11 years ago
Sorry to hear it, Kevin. Not much advice to give--I haven't been in that situation (yet). Came close--had gotten fed up with a preceding job and took another job (at a 20% paycut) just to get out of my last job and the next week they announced where I worked was closing.

Hang in there, use your contacts to help find opportunities (that's how I got my current job). If nothing is immediately available, use the time to improve your chances (take classes, etc) and continue to network.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
got up at 6am, showered and spent about 3hrs reading up on technical interview questions since I lack the technical 'off the cuff' knowledge.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
11 years ago
Hope everything works out for you Kevin. I've never been fired (only been in the working world for 4 years) so I can't even begin to think about what goes through someone's head at this time.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
11 years ago

Damn, sorry to hear about that Kevin.

I hope that you find something that you want and it works well for you.

You've got some excellent skills and I know that you work hard at what you do.

The very best for you my young friend.

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

We know you're good at what you do, and if you keep plugging away at improving the gameday chat "experience", some of us might even give you a good reference.

šŸ¤£

Seriously, all the best Kev. I have great confidence your next opportunity will be better than your last- your passion shines through.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I've had several interviews and phone interviews. The common theme they say is I have a good personality and it seems I have an unquestionable passion to program, which they all liked. One that was really promising was based out of Oshkosh. That's an hour drive with no traffic and good weather conditions. End time would be 5pm, so figure hitting the road at 5:10pm, factor in winter weather conditions and its conceivable I wouldn't get home to my daughter until 6:30pm or later. I told them I wasn't interested after thinking further about it. Luckily, I'm in a position where I can do that, but in six weeks, I'd have had to take it and find a way to make it work. Plus, it was VB and I really prefer C#. I'm hoping my choice doesn't bite me in the ass.

I've got a second interview Friday at 10am and I'm pretty nervous. This is a company that I would really like to work for. Ironically, they wanted to hire me out of college (one of my instructors works there) but when they called to give me the good news, I was on lunch while working for my previous employer and they wanted to have me learn C# on the job. They offered more money, but I had to turn them down because I felt I had to be loyal to the company who took a chance on me just days prior. Now they want someone with C# experience who also has ASP.NET (this site heh) experience and if they have VB experience it's considered a plus. I'm more than qualified, however, there's a technical interview and I am God awful on the technicalities of programming.

Needless to say, I'll be studying my ass off from now to Friday morning. It's only been three days, but I hate this, I need to be working. I'm not cut out for this unemployed stuff. It's doing absolutely nothing for my ADD or OCD for that matter.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
"good personality" snerk!

Way to go Kevin. You will get the right job. G;ad to know this site has not been a colossal waste of your time.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
11 years ago

I've had several interviews and phone interviews. The common theme they say is I have a good personality and it seems I have an unquestionable passion to program, which they all liked. One that was really promising was based out of Oshkosh. That's an hour drive with no traffic and good weather conditions. End time would be 5pm, so figure hitting the road at 5:10pm, factor in winter weather conditions and its conceivable I wouldn't get home to my daughter until 6:30pm or later. I told them I wasn't interested after thinking further about it. Luckily, I'm in a position where I can do that, but in six weeks, I'd have had to take it and find a way to make it work. Plus, it was VB and I really prefer C#. I'm hoping my choice doesn't bite me in the ass.

I've got a second interview Friday at 10am and I'm pretty nervous. This is a company that I would really like to work for. Ironically, they wanted to hire me out of college (one of my instructors works there) but when they called to give me the good news, I was on lunch while working for my previous employer and they wanted to have me learn C# on the job. They offered more money, but I had to turn them down because I felt I had to be loyal to the company who took a chance on me just days prior. Now they want someone with C# experience who also has ASP.NET (this site heh) experience and if they have VB experience it's considered a plus. I'm more than qualified, however, there's a technical interview and I am God awful on the technicalities of programming.

Needless to say, I'll be studying my ass off from now to Friday morning. It's only been three days, but I hate this, I need to be working. I'm not cut out for this unemployed stuff. It's doing absolutely nothing for my ADD or OCD for that matter.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Good luck my dude
Blitz
11 years ago

they want someone with C# experience who also has ASP.NET (this site heh) experience

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Give them a link to PackersHome, we'll vouch for you.
šŸ‘

"... There.. is.. your.. dagger..!! "
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.