zombieslayer
11 years ago

After five games, Alex Smith leads the NFL in QB Rating.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

We'll see where he is after 6 weeks.

After 16 weeks, when things are back to normal, once again Niner fans will be bitching "why the **** did we draft Alex ****** Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers?"

You can guess how many times in local bars guys have bitched that to me, especially when I wear my #12 jersey.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
lol no question, I'd rather Rodgers over Smith, but what he did last year and doing this year can't be chalked up negatively. He's benefiting from a good run game and good defense, no question, but he shouldn't be discredited as a punk QB cuz of it while he's posting better numbers than other QB's.

I was bummed to miss the 49ers and Giants game and being stuck with Vikings and Redskins. But that RGIII THERE IS YOUR DAGGER run was awesome.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago

lol no question, I'd rather Rodgers over Smith, but what he did last year and doing this year can't be chalked up negatively. He's benefiting from a good run game and good defense, no question, but he shouldn't be discredited as a punk QB cuz of it while he's posting better numbers than other QB's.

I was bummed to miss the 49ers and Giants game and being stuck with Vikings and Redskins. But that RGIII THERE IS YOUR DAGGER run was awesome.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

If you watch him play, he over thinks. He's like someone with OCD. Also, if you mess up his game plan, you'll mess him up. He'll start making really bad mistakes.

Yes, he benefits from having a complete team around him. I see the 2012 Niners as the 2008 Vikings - a QB away from a Super Bowl.

You can put any of the top 16 QBs in his shoes and I can guarantee they'll perform better than Alex Smith. Smith benefits from an elite D and a killer running game. Plus, he's got some sick weapons on O. Crabtree has developed into a solid WR. There's no question whatsoever that Vernon Davis is elite. Randy Moss is still fast. Manningham is one heck of a possession WR. And Frank Gore is a solid pass blocker and solid receiver. How many QBs are lucky enough to have that? I'll answer - very few.

With all those weapons he has, he still won't get it done.

The thing is, this isn't me hating on Alex Smith. This isn't even me talking. This is really The Zombieslayer regurgitating what the Niner fans I watch football games with bitch about. I'm Alex Smith neutral. I'm just glad the Niners screwed up that draft. And you all should be too.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Packfan87
11 years ago
They need to be more consistent...I'm still not sold on their offense.

Without a doubt a good team though.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

After five games, Alex Smith leads the NFL in QB Rating.

Originally Posted by: Knucklehead 

After six games, Aaron Rodgers leads the NFL in QB Rating. Alex Smith is now 7th.

I guess the creme or cream always rises to the top, eh?
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago
http://nfl.cpl.delvenetworks.com/player/yahoo/carousel/embed_code.html?channelId=de89a8aeb3e422bac4eb48567f10ebd0&channelListId&mediaId=9eb53862895e4ed89d5d07c02a0ad9ea 

Here you go. Watch. This is the Alex Smith the Niner fans who actually know football (yes, there are some and when I make fun of Niner fans, I'm not making fun of them) know.

Watch him look at one target the entire time so the opposing D can make adjustments. He doesn't know how to look at other targets. Yes, he really is this stubborn. This is a serious QB flaw.

He did have one nice deep one to Randy Moss, but heck, my Grandma could complete passes to Randy Moss. Moss is still one of the fastest WRs in the NFL. The other deep ones he missed.

This is NOT the QB who is going to get you very far. Elite Ds love QBs like this.

Heck, compare Smith with Eli Manning. I rate Eli a hair under elite status. I put him with Philip Rivers. But whatever, Eli is sooo much better than Alex Smith that the two don't even belong in the same sentence.

Niner fans have been booing Alex Smith for years now. And you know what? He has earned those boos.

(And like I've said elsewhere, it's not me who hates Alex Smith. I could care less. I'm just regurgitating what my Niner fan friends bitch about all season long).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago
Schaub and Smith are similar QB's.. they are there more as game managers than a QB that is week in and out going to carry the team. And with the design of their offense.. they fit what they need to do. Flacco up until this season was similar.. Sanchez is the same. They don't and can't consistently create on their own.

The Giants impressed me again.. that is a team much like the St. Louis Cards of MLB.. they have the ability to bow their back and strike when they absolutely need to. Yesterday they needed to control the LOS.. they did. Beginning to hate them for it... lol.

The Packers are starting to understand that.. controlling the LOS tips the scales in your favor.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
11 years ago
I wouldn't mind watching the Niners implode.

It just shows you the parody in the NFL.
On any given day, any team is capable of beating the other team.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago

Schaub and Smith are similar QB's.. they are there more as game managers than a QB that is week in and out going to carry the team. And with the design of their offense.. they fit what they need to do. Flacco up until this season was similar.. Sanchez is the same. They don't and can't consistently create on their own.

The Giants impressed me again.. that is a team much like the St. Louis Cards of MLB.. they have the ability to bow their back and strike when they absolutely need to. Yesterday they needed to control the LOS.. they did. Beginning to hate them for it... lol.

The Packers are starting to understand that.. controlling the LOS tips the scales in your favor.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

There's a very old saying in football - control the trenches. The thing is, Smith DID have time on the INTs he threw. It wasn't like he had a 300 DL in his face and he was running for his life. It was Smith being stupid (yet again) and forcing the football.

Game managing QBs have it easy. But Smith can't even be a good game managing QB. That's the thing. He really is that bad. I mean, give the guy an elite RB, an elite TE, a solid OL, the best deep threat of his generation, a solid possession WR, and a pretty good big guy WR, and he still puts up turds.

Alex Smith is like the Vikings. There were a few years where they were pretty much handed the Lombardi and all they had to do was grab it and instead, they dropped it on the ground.

As for us, like Trom and I agreed on, I don't know if we know who the Packers are yet after 6 games. I don't know if they know who they are yet. So no comment on our beloved Pack.

As for our bet, I still see the Texans winning the AFC Championship. So I'll take a picture of the shot glass you'll be sending me alongside of the 25-year-old Laphroaig.

I'm wondering - when will you people learn that it's not in your best interest to bet against the Zombieslayer?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago
Smith had the best passer rating coming into this game.. so yeah, apparently he sucks at it. ๐Ÿ˜

Look.. I hate the Niners.. have ever since Joe Cool.. couldn't stand him. But I respected him and Bill Walsh immensely. Carmen Policy and the Yorks.. they can get bent. Steve Young.. screw him. Past John Taylor and Ronnie Lott.. I have little "love" for them. Dana Stubblefield maybe.

I want them to fail.. but it is about the fundamentals of football... they do many things well.. that improves their chances game in and out. Yesterday.. the Giants took away the run much like we did to the Texans... it forced them to be one dimensional. And Smith struggled. But I seen the same guy shine at times in the same situation. Lets see how this plays out.

I don't think he is anything more than an game manager, you seem to take things to the extreme. If someone says he is effective.. you take it to as if they are touting him a Pro Bowler. If someone says we need balance, you seem to take it to the extreme of run first. Trim the peaks and diminish the valleys there... lol.

Your chirping about your choice.. they are the same type of team. Same type of QB. I shall reserve my chirping until later. ๐Ÿ˜‰
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"