Pack93z
15 years ago
At this very point, I could care less where.. North Pole, but I want to see this team play a complete game.. period.

Mental mistakes gone and fundamentals sound.. don't beat yourself.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
yooperfan
15 years ago
I would be okay with an away game in London

My cousin Alan and his wife Maggie form England made it a point, on their visit to Upper Michigan, to make their 1st stop after getting off the plane in Chicago, at Lambeau Field to buy Packer paraphenalia.

Alan was a huge Packer fan until his passing and I know he would be very excited oabout the Packers playing in London.
Pack93z
15 years ago
It would be a huge disruption on the season overall.. taking the team out of a normal weekly routine and add fatigue to the season.. that would be the hesitation.

But it would be a absolute treat to share this team with the fans abroad.. for that reason.. I would like to see it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
alldaybaby
15 years ago
i didn't relise there was an english packer fan here ...cool
i went to the giants / dolphins game last year and couldn't get a ticket to this years game , just my effing luck i end up going to the mudfest and miss a classic , i for one would go to the game , even though i'm a viking fan , i'd go even if it was the lions i just want a team from the nfc north to come over , next years game looks good , but i dread to think what the english media is going to make of bellichick and grudgen hardly the two most media friendly guys in the league
a classic Aaron rogers quote\r\n\r\nquote: \"I\'ve got a roommate, a guy I met in town. He works for the Packers now as an athletic trainer....He\'s been great for me...Our friendship goes a lot deeper than what we do. \"
GermanGilbert
15 years ago
in 2009 the buccs will host the patriots on oct 25th at wembley, so we have to wait at least another year 😉
blank
obi1
15 years ago
THIS team?

Ok, how about we have them play the Manchester United in a softball game?
blank
PresterJohn
15 years ago
hey i'd love to see the Packers over here in the UK for a regular season game. Totally understand the reluctance to play a home game in London but if it does happen we'll do our best to make it a Lambeau mk 2. Better an away game tho :)

I think the NFl needs better marketting and a regular *good* terrestrial slot this side of the pond...UK peeps know i mean coverage not just on sky (sundays) or 5 - late match mondays. The early matches on Sunday would be great viewing for the beeb. Even a decent magazine program would be appreciated.
memento mori
alldaybaby
15 years ago

hey i'd love to see the Packers over here in the UK for a regular season game. Totally understand the reluctance to play a home game in London but if it does happen we'll do our best to make it a Lambeau mk 2. Better an away game tho :)

I think the NFl needs better marketting and a regular *good* terrestrial slot this side of the pond...UK peeps know i mean coverage not just on sky (sundays) or 5 - late match mondays. The early matches on Sunday would be great viewing for the beeb. Even a decent magazine program would be appreciated.

"PresterJohn" wrote:

if you live in the U.K and have skysports , i'd say we get much better coverage than they do in the US , i'd say total aceess is about the best magazine program there is and we get that , in fact it starts in half an hour o.k its one day later but we still get it , where a large number of households in the US don't , we also get all the NFL Network games , plus a chice of games on sundays , i also believe that isn't the case overthere, i honestly don't see what there is to complain about , its a shame that NASN pulled out from the NFL coverage because we used to get alot of the ESPN coverage on there too like NFL countdown
a classic Aaron rogers quote\r\n\r\nquote: \"I\'ve got a roommate, a guy I met in town. He works for the Packers now as an athletic trainer....He\'s been great for me...Our friendship goes a lot deeper than what we do. \"
PresterJohn
15 years ago
Fine if you've got Sky, i don't and many others don't. I can get Sky Sports for a hefty fee on my Cable.If you want to expand the fan base in the UK it needs to go out on Terrestrial TV, like it did back in the day on Channel 4
memento mori
Rockmolder
15 years ago
It's never on here either, I've seen one game in my entire life on regular cable TV... the Seahawks - Steelers superbowl.

It's kind of a vicious circle atm. The game isn't very well known and/or popular so it doesn't get alot of time on time. No one finds out about it and the game doesn't get more popular.

Internet seems to be changing that though, never knew there where this much other non-American people that liked the sport.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.