wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
Oorah boys.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

These bikers are former Marines. They are hydrating & putting a cold compress on the neck of a proud Marine (Zach Powers) as he stood in his dress blues in 105* weather, holding his salute for the entire 5-hour 4th of July parade in Washington D.C.

link 
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago
I don't even think I can hold that for 10 minutes. Absolutely amazing he held it for 5 hours. =d>
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
wpr
  • wpr
11 years ago

I don't even think I can hold that for 10 minutes. Absolutely amazing he held it for 5 hours. =d>

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I think I have mentioned it before but I will do it again. This reminds me of my Dad. Army not Marine. When my son graduated from Basic everyone in the audience stood as the Grad Class marched off the parade grounds. A lot of them stood there talking. As time passed almost 1/3 of them walked out. More and more left as time passed by.

Not Dad. He stood there as erect as a 70 year old man with cancer could stand. In the heat of July in Columbia, SC. It was near 100 degrees. After about 3-4 minutes I could see his arm quivering so I leaned over and whispered to him, "Dad, the Flag has passed by already. You don't have to keep saluting". He told me he wanted to salute the entire unit. I forget now how many there were I suppose it was more than 1000 men and women.

I reached over and held up the bottom of his arm with both or my hands. More than 10-15 minutes passed by before they all left the field. I could feel it all the way down my arms and into my neck. (Bad vertebrae from a car accident didn't help me none. But then Dad had broken his back in a car accident. Messed his neck and shoulders in 2nd accident. His hip and back again in a 3rd one.) I had jammed my elbows into my chest to support them. I had to shift my weight a few times as my legs were getting tired. I miss that man.

I was in my 40's but I can not imagine standing at attention for an hour little alone 5 hours.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
11 years ago
I hate to be a dick, and I do honor how he's rollin', and why he's rollin'...

I have to also honor our standards, it is what makes us proud. I don't expect you to view this post as anything but Foster being a complete dick...

That pic depicts a totally unacceptable Marine Corps Salute. Period.

Semper Fi

We have standards, and we really try not to deviate, since 1775.

wpr
  • wpr
11 years ago

I hate to be a dick, and I do honor how he's rollin', and why he's rollin'...

I have to also honor our standards, it is what makes us proud. I don't expect you to view this post as anything but Foster being a complete dick...

That pic depicts a totally unacceptable Marine Corps Salute. Period.

Semper Fi

We have standards, and we really try not to deviate, since 1775.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Yep I saw it. I figure that was in the 4th hour. But as they say, no excuse Sir.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
11 years ago

Yep I saw it. I figure that was in the 4th hour. But as they say, no excuse Sir.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

There is a very good reason why we are like that- It has much to do with us riding on squid ships, being subordinate to squid Boat/Ship Captains, and wanting our way as we are the real pros (and trying to get them to habla) in the whole war-thing, (in our collective opinion) etc. etc. etc. We must exemplify pure military discipline as best as is possible for them to listen to us at all-- They are arrogant Navy squids, after all... lol
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Devil Puppy.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
11 years ago
foster do you know the young Marine stood there so long? Was he simply showing respect or was it an initiation of some kind? If he did this why not his whole team, squad or platoon?
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
11 years ago
My recollection is that he chose to do so on his own volition, without any affiliation or support from his unit.

I don't know if you ever saw it, but I remain touched by the faithful dog that wouldn't leave his Green Beret (SEAL?)"dad" AT ALL in the funeral home. (Flag - draped - coffin) He (the dog) had not seen his master in over 13 months. It did not matter. He was his boy, and he was going nowhere, as he knew who was there under that flag.

edit- found it-- still breaks my heart-- look at that---profound

http://abcnews.go.com/US/slain-navy-seals-devoted-dog-remains-side-funeral/story?id=14378885 
wpr
  • wpr
11 years ago
yes I have seen the photo. I find it remarkable.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.