Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 12:07:21 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,988

I don't know who the hell this Chad person is, but he does have some interesting quotes.
http://www.chadmoriyama....t-his-case-is-important/

Here's another link.
http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/140351733.html

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#17 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 6:42:16 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,738
Applause Received: 1,311

MLB fires arbitrator from Braun case

Quote:
Major League Baseball management has fired Shyam Das, the arbitrator who overturned Ryan Braun's drug suspension in February.

MLB informed Das and the players' association of its decision last week. Das had been baseball's permanent arbitrator since 1999, part of what technically is a three-man panel that also includes a representative of management and labor.

''Shyam is the longest-tenured panel chair in our bargaining relationship,'' union head Michael Weiner said. ''For 13 years, from the beginning to the end of his tenure, he served the parties with professionalism and distinction.''

Baseball's collective bargaining agreement says the arbitrator can be removed by the players' association or management at any time with written notice.

Quote:

The sides will now try to select a successor. If they cannot agree, baseball's collective bargaining agreement calls for them to ask the American Arbitration Association for a list of ''prominent, professional arbitrators.'' The sides would then alternate striking names from the list until one remains.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 8:58:51 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

This means Ryan Braun was guilty and should be banned from Baseball like Shoeless Joe. I'm saddened and disappointed. I'm going to burn my Ryan Braun jersey this weekend using tears of disappointment as lighter fluid.

UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#19 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 9:55:28 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 629
Applause Received: 647

Didn't say anything back then, but there are reasons for "chain of custody" and other courtroom rules of evidence.

They usually aren't just technicalities. They are there because the details can really matter; and in a trial courtroom, as opposed to the "court of public opinion," the evidence doesn't just get let in based on who might be able to finagle access to a mike or a blog.

I have no idea whether Braun did or didn't. But I do think anyone bases their weighing of evidence of this sort by trying to perceive the truth of the matter via public babblings of talking heads and sports personalities not constrained by state/federal rules of evidence ... well, I think you're a pinhead. Or to quote the eloquence of DakotaT...you're a dumbass.

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline wpr  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:18:43 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

So if the Fed Ex offices are closed after 5 pm on a Saturday why didn't MLB and the PA have it in writing that they did not want any samples taken after noon on Saturday until 9 am on Monday? If they were a little clearer in their instructions there would not be a second one of these improperly handled cases this year.

Which brings up another issue, different substances have longer/shorter shelf life in the body. I wonder if some players have learned if they take a substance on Friday afternoon that the residue will be gone by Monday morning?

UserPostedImage

Offline Porforis  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:34:18 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
So if the Fed Ex offices are closed after 5 pm on a Saturday why didn't MLB and the PA have it in writing that they did not want any samples taken after noon on Saturday until 9 am on Monday? If they were a little clearer in their instructions there would not be a second one of these improperly handled cases this year.

Which brings up another issue, different substances have longer/shorter shelf life in the body. I wonder if some players have learned if they take a substance on Friday afternoon that the residue will be gone by Monday morning?

Most substances are cleared out of the system by the kidneys, if someone takes a substance Friday morning and pee in a cup Friday afternoon, I'm not aware of any substances that would just go away in a pee cup by itself by Monday.

On the note of the arbitrator, I don't get why MLB or the players association alone have authority to fire him... Reeks of backlash to me, if they want someone to arbitrate fairly then they can't just off and fire the guy when he rules against the league and puts them in a bad spot by highlighting issues with the current testing process. Sure, there could have been more to it but we only have the facts we've been given.
UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:02:33 AM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:27:27 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Steroid pee huh? Shows how ignorant you are. Go back and admire your Vikings trophy case. half-twit.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:04:57 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Most substances are cleared out of the system by the kidneys, if someone takes a substance Friday morning and pee in a cup Friday afternoon, I'm not aware of any substances that would just go away in a pee cup by itself by Monday.

alcohol. Big Grin

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post

On the note of the arbitrator, I don't get why MLB or the players association alone have authority to fire him... Reeks of backlash to me, if they want someone to arbitrate fairly then they can't just off and fire the guy when he rules against the league and puts them in a bad spot by highlighting issues with the current testing process. Sure, there could have been more to it but we only have the facts we've been given.

They, MLB/PA, wrote it into the CBA. Seems strange but since they do not trust each other it is one way to find a level of mediocrity they can both accept. (MLB throws out all arbitrators that lean to the union. The Union throws out all arbitrators that lean towards management. Whoever is left is the one they use.)

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:39:59 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,020

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Didn't say anything back then, but there are reasons for "chain of custody" and other courtroom rules of evidence.

They usually aren't just technicalities. They are there because the details can really matter; and in a trial courtroom, as opposed to the "court of public opinion," the evidence doesn't just get let in based on who might be able to finagle access to a mike or a blog.

I have no idea whether Braun did or didn't. But I do think anyone bases their weighing of evidence of this sort by trying to perceive the truth of the matter via public babblings of talking heads and sports personalities not constrained by state/federal rules of evidence ... well, I think you're a pinhead. Or to quote the eloquence of DakotaT...you're a dumbass.

Exactly my line of thinking on this deal.. the process is in place for a reason, if the tester fails to follow the process then what good is the test?

Simply put, they have shown that there were a number of FedEx locations open in which the tester could have fulfilled his duties. He did not. In which at that point, whether the seal was intact or not, it brings along with it a number of questions that cannot be decisively answers to fact. What else can one do, but void the sample?

And I care less if it is Braun or someone like A-rod.. it is what it is, a blown test.

MLB and PA have a problem.. and they have to fix it. Firing someone for doing his job isn't a viable path in fixing the problem. I look for more of the story to start coming out now that he is not bound to his job.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:19:06 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Exactly my line of thinking on this deal.. the process is in place for a reason, if the tester fails to follow the process then what good is the test?

Simply put, they have shown that there were a number of FedEx locations open in which the tester could have fulfilled his duties. He did not. In which at that point, whether the seal was intact or not, it brings along with it a number of questions that cannot be decisively answers to fact. What else can one do, but void the sample?

And I care less if it is Braun or someone like A-rod.. it is what it is, a blown test.

MLB and PA have a problem.. and they have to fix it. Firing someone for doing his job isn't a viable path in fixing the problem. I look for more of the story to start coming out now that he is not bound to his job.

maybe not. While he does not work for MLB any more, he still works with the NFL. If he does a "tell all" episode that might hurt his chances of staying in an arbitrator position.

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:30:28 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,020

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
maybe not. While he does not work for MLB any more, he still works with the NFL. If he does a "tell all" episode that might hurt his chances of staying in an arbitrator position.

Correct... but that doesn't mean a Senator, looking for attention, will not summoned him to testify to the holes he sees in the process and why it was overturned. Although, maybe they have moved past that whole deal for the publicity of it all.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:32:53 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Correct... but that doesn't mean a Senator, looking for attention, will not summoned him to testify to the holes he sees in the process and why it was overturned. Although, maybe they have moved past that whole deal for the publicity of it all.

understood. i was thinking about a tell all book or making the rounds on the talk shows.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 9:07:12 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

An article comparing Ryan Braun's numbers from 2011 to 2012 to show the impact PED's had.

Something in the comments that makes sense. When a test has the all time highest of something, that test is typically thrown out because it's considered an error. If he was taking something that would merit the highest level ever, among athletes, not just Baseball players, why didn't it show up previously or afterwards? Maybe he JUICED for the playoffs!!!??

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#30 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 9:28:12 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

he was guilty and weaseled out of it. Wanna Box?

UserPostedImage

Rss Feed