Zero2Cool
11 years ago

I don't know....seems there are alot of people that would love to be a member of a lynch mob.
Even though they were not there when it went down, and only have the info handed out my the "media".
I just hope that whoever ends up on the jury in this case, makes their decisions based ONLY on the facts provided in the trial, and not on their own racial agenda. Or the fear that if they don't pin the guilt on someone, that they might be targeted by the same "lynch mob".

I guess i'm a member of the "minority". I can't decide either way guilt or innocence, as i am not allowed to see all the real evidence in this case.

Is Zimmerman guilty of a crime? I don't truely know. And i won't pass judgement just so i can be a member of the mob.
Maybe he is guilty of a crime. If so, then i hope justice is done. If not, then i hope justice is done as well.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I think people like to "belong" to certain things. In this case, the media made it easy to defend the kid because they (specifically NBC) made the adult appear to be racially motivated.

I haven't said one way or another, guilty or innocent. I've only maintained that the adult was wrong to leave his vehicle and by doing so, made himself the aggressor. From that point forward, it's difficult for me to say 100% guilt or innocence of the ensuing actions.

The stand your ground law does not state one can pursue and confront, that's not what the law is for. You can't follow someone around, then get out of your vehicle and shoot them after they punched you. You frickin confronted them!

I don't think his attentions were to kill the kid, I don't believe that at all. I believe he wanted to find the people robbing the neighborhood and was overzealous in his actions.
UserPostedImage
Formo
11 years ago

You can't follow someone around, then get out of your vehicle and shoot them after they punched you. You frickin confronted them!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Again, 'confronting' someone didn't start the physical confrontation. Now, if he was trying to grab at the kid or tried to physically do 'something' with Trayvon, then he absolutely had no right to the 'stand your ground' defense. But the problem is, we don't know how it went down. All we have is the evidence. My point of arguing this with you is say this: Lets say that the guy Zimmerman 'chased down' wasn't Trayvon but the actual burglar behind the recent break-ins. Let's now implement the facts we know from the Trayvon case.. He confronts the guy and gets cold cocked. How is Zimmerman not able to stand his ground when he's on his ass in this situation?

I don't think his attentions were to kill the kid, I don't believe that at all. I believe he wanted to find the people robbing the neighborhood and was overzealous in his actions.

I would agree with this 100%.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Edit, realized I didn't even answer your question.

The adult said on the 911 call that the individual is in his late teens, has something wrong with him maybe on drugs ... is told he is not needed to follow the individual, yet he does anyway even after saying he looks suspicious. Why? He obviously knows there's a danger because he brings his gun. You can't admit all those things, follow someone around, leave your vehicle WITH A GUN and then claim self defense. It just doesn't make sense.

He doesn't leave his vehicle if he doesn't have that gun, I believe this firmly.
UserPostedImage
Formo
11 years ago

Edit, realized I didn't even answer your question.

The adult said on the 911 call that the individual is in his late teens, has something wrong with him maybe on drugs ... is told he is not needed to follow the individual, yet he does anyway even after saying he looks suspicious. Why? He obviously knows there's a danger because he brings his gun. You can't admit all those things, follow someone around, leave your vehicle WITH A GUN and then claim self defense. It just doesn't make sense.

He doesn't leave his vehicle if he doesn't have that gun, I believe this firmly.

You can believe whatever you want to believe.. But I know this.. If you are a card carrying, licensed and registered gun owner, you are trained and taught to NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT. The reasoning is so you are comfortable with a gun on your hip/pit (wherever you choose to holster it). Zimmerman brought his gun not because of the 'danger' that Trayvon may have posed to him, but because he also brings his gun grocery shopping and to the movie theater (I don't know a single hand gun owner who doesn't keep his weapon on his body at all times).

I guarantee you your line of thinking is helped along by Hollywood when we see our 'hero/heroine' grab his weapon out from his dash, check that it's loaded and primed and then leaves their car. This never happens IRL with LEGIT gun owners.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

You can believe whatever you want to believe.. But I know this.. If you are a card carrying, licensed and registered gun owner, you are trained and taught to NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT. The reasoning is so you are comfortable with a gun on your hip/pit (wherever you choose to holster it). Zimmerman brought his gun not because of the 'danger' that Trayvon may have posed to him, but because he also brings his gun grocery shopping and to the movie theater (I don't know a single hand gun owner who doesn't keep his weapon on his body at all times).

I guarantee you your line of thinking is helped along by Hollywood when we see our 'hero/heroine' grab his weapon out from his dash, check that it's loaded and primed and then leaves their car. This never happens IRL with LEGIT gun owners.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

Get off your gun toting kick. I'm not saying he's wrong for carrying his gun, I am saying the gun gave him "power" that without, he most likely would not have left his vehicle to confront the suspicious individual whom be thought was to be on drugs or at least had "something wrong with him".

I wish for once, just once, you'd quit taking things out of context and twisting my words around. You're a bright person, like debating with you but when you continue to do this, it's as progressive as talking to a brick wall.

I ignore your last comment because you have absolutely no clue how or what I'm thinking at all and any such portrayal by yourself is grossly disrespectful and I appreciate you never doing such again.

Here's a question for you. What should be the consequence for what happened? The kid lost his life because he was profiled (NOT racially). What consequence should the adult receive in your opinion?

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I haven't read through this entirely yet, but it sheds more information on the adult.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425 
UserPostedImage
Formo
11 years ago

Get off your gun toting kick. I'm not saying he's wrong for carrying his gun, I am saying the gun gave him "power" that without, he most likely would not have left his vehicle to confront the suspicious individual whom be thought was to be on drugs or at least had "something wrong with him".

I wish for once, just once, you'd quit taking things out of context and twisting my words around. You're a bright person, like debating with you but when you continue to do this, it's as progressive as talking to a brick wall.

I ignore your last comment because you have absolutely no clue how or what I'm thinking at all and any such portrayal by yourself is grossly disrespectful and I appreciate you never doing such again.

Here's a question for you. What should be the consequence for what happened? The kid lost his life because he was profiled (NOT racially). What consequence should the adult receive in your opinion?

I wasn't debating anything with you. I was informing you on the facts of gun ownership. Ignore it as you will, though.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

I wasn't debating anything with you. I was informing you on the facts of gun ownership. Ignore it as you will, though.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

You're right, you weren't debating, you were getting dominated!!! 🙏

I don't need you telling me things I already know. What's next? You gonna tell me that green grass is green? How about the blue sky is blue? How about politicians are crooked?

Click the link in my post above and read it!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
A woman in Florida was being strangled by her husband and she tried escaping. She ran to her car in the garage, but forgot her keys. She grabbed her gun and went back in the home to get them. The husband said he was going to kill her. Woman fired off the gun. She's now serving 20 years in prison. The woman claimed 'stand your ground' law as her defense and a judge in the case rejected the request, saying her decision to go back into the house was not consistent with someone in fear for her safety.

I mention this because if she can't use stand your ground, neither can George Zimmerman. As I've been trying to say, if he was in fear of his life, why did he leave his vehicle and pursue on foot?
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

A woman in Florida was being strangled by her husband and she tried escaping. She ran to her car in the garage, but forgot her keys. She grabbed her gun and went back in the home to get them. The husband said he was going to kill her. Woman fired off the gun. She's not serving 20 years in prison. The woman claimed 'stand your ground' law as her defense and a judge in the case rejected the request, saying her decision to go back into the house was not consistent with someone in fear for her safety.

I mention this because if she can't use stand your ground, neither can George Zimmerman. As I've been trying to say, if he was in fear of his life, why did he leave his vehicle and pursue on foot?

Nice work!

UserPostedImage