Formo
11 years ago

Speaking of the facts. NBC fires producer over edited Zimmerman 911 call.

NBC News edited version. Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good ... he looks black."

Actual version. Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining, and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 handler: "OK, and this guy -- is he black, white or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman: "He looks black,"

This was AUDIO that was edited, not just some copy/paste flip up ...

Sensationalism... annoying! Why can't we just get the known facts and ... god forbid ... use our OWN minds to come with our own opinions instead of always being steered one way or another.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

That fact was the main reason I jumped on the masses for wanting Zimmerman executed. This got turned into a huge race issue when it shouldn't have.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

That fact was the main reason I jumped on the masses for wanting Zimmerman executed. This got turned into a huge race issue when it shouldn't have.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

Yep, always tons of clowns (Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, whomever) eager to jump on the race card tossing. I avoided that aspect altogether cuz I prefer to live in my own little land that we're better people than being prejudice over something as petty as tone of skin color. Sadly, it does exist.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
11 years ago

Speaking of the facts. NBC fires producer over edited Zimmerman 911 call.

NBC News edited version. Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good ... he looks black."

Actual version. Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining, and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 handler: "OK, and this guy -- is he black, white or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman: "He looks black,"

This was AUDIO that was edited, not just some copy/paste flip up ...

Sensationalism... annoying! Why can't we just get the known facts and ... god forbid ... use our OWN minds to come with our own opinions instead of always being steered one way or another.

Wow.....and some people think the "main stream media" doesn't have an agenda.
It's kind of funny....some people think it was "racism" that kept Zimmerman from being charged in the first place. But really, if it was, wouldn't true racists want Zimmerman procecuted? For them it would be a "win win" situation. A young black man killed by a latino.

Sadly, i have to admit that racism in the U.S.A. is alive and probably always will be.
No one should be judged just on their race. NO ONE.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Dispatcher: How old would you say he looks?
Zimmerman: He's got button on his shirt, late teens.

911 Call wrote:

I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son, I thought he was a little bit younger than I was, and I did not know if he was armed or not.

Zimmerman today at bond trial wrote:

This kind of nitpicking is going to run rampant through this trial.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
11 years ago
Just saw this on "Yahoo".
Supposed to be a pic of the back of Zimmerman's head right after the incident.
http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_george_zimmerman_head_dm_120419_wmain.jpg 
Looks like he WAS getting beat up.
Hopefully this isn't another "photo shop" or something like that.
Who knows, with all the so called "truth" coming out of the media.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Seen that too. Why is that coming out now? I had said earlier that I thought police took pictures of such things, especially during a potential murder. So, is this from the police? If so, why is it not released until now? Is this more slanting of the story like NBC did with the 911 audio?
UserPostedImage
porky88
11 years ago
Why is everyone politicizing this story? Seriously, Fox and MSNBC care about ratings and that‘s it. They don’t care about Zimmerman. They don’t care about a 17-year old young man. Talking about racism or reverse racism generates interest in the story, which results in higher ratings for Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow. Unfortunately, idiots buy the load of crap they hear from them. You can blame the coverage, but if it equates to higher ratings, then perhaps you should blame yourself. I'm just sayin.

Frankly, Zimmerman admits to the shooting and an arrest should‘ve been made. It damn sure took too long, in my opinion. However, Zimmerman also deserves a chance to defend himself, which people seem to be forgetting about. Whatever happened to the right to a fair trial?

Whether the kid was 17 or 24 doesn’t change the fact that he could probably hurt somebody. He wasn’t a boy or baby. He was a 17-year old capable of inflicting harm. Did he do that? I don’t know, though the picture suggests there was a tussle. Did Zimmerman racially provoke the kid? I don’t know. There’s a process, though, and it deserves to play out.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
That's why I don't watch the news. And after what NBC did, I feel even better about avoiding the news.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
11 years ago
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/20/justice/florida-zimmerman-details/index.html?hpt=hp_c1 

Whole article is worth a read. Regardless, Zimmerman's life is pretty much over regardless of what actually went down. He's been convicted by a substantial portion of the public and he's guaranteed to have a near impossible time finding employment, probably get death threats for years to come and be harassed in public.

Zimmerman's wife depicted him as a man she has never seen angry. His father said he was a truthful man who had long been concerned with helping others. And his mother said he had organized a campaign to "get justice" for a homeless man who had been beaten in Sanford, as well as mentoring a 14-year-old African-American boy from a dangerous Orlando neighborhood.

She said he has been a mentoring the 14-year-old for three years even though the program he had joined shut down after only nine months because of the economy.

She said she begged him not to go because of the danger.

"He said, 'Mom, if I don't go, they don't have nobody,'" Gladys Zimmerman said.

She said her son also participated in a 2010 campaign to "get justice" for an African-American homeless man who was seen in a videotape taken by an onlooker being struck by a man who later turned out to be the son of a Sanford police lieutenant.

Before anybody brings it up, I'm not taking more stock in this article and his family than any of the articles painting him as a racist, just wanted to point out more stark contrast and uncertainty.
Formo
11 years ago

Seen that too. Why is that coming out now? I had said earlier that I thought police took pictures of such things, especially during a potential murder. So, is this from the police? If so, why is it not released until now? Is this more slanting of the story like NBC did with the 911 audio?

Because now is the trial. Until then, the media shouldn't have access to evidence.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!