Formo
11 years ago

We do agree on quite a bit about this, yet you say you stopped reading me "bruh"?

Whatever the kid or adult it previously, I don't think holds weight to what happened that night.

A few questions.

When the dispatcher told the adult it was not necessary for him to follow the kid, was he in his vehicle or on foot? I think this matters quite heavily. If on foot going back to his vehicle and the kid jumps him, then yes, I would have to say shooting him was self defense and he'd have a right to claim as such. If he was still in his vehicle and got out after being advised not to, in my opinion, he loses the right of self defense because as I've said before, he becomes the aggressor.

I read a few times, the scuffle took place on grass and some say concrete. Yet, the yellow tape blocked off was only around grass? Does this mean anything?

Why didn't the police take pictures of the wounds right away? I know this is common practice for Green Bay, WI police officers as I've witnessed it myself. They get cataloged in the case file.

I think I enjoyed the Brett Favre debates more ...

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Did we even have Favre debates? lol I don't recall if we did.

That said, I can say that in St. Louis Park, MN it is NOT police protocol to take photos of wounds from personal experience.

Your first question is a good one and I would agree. I don't think there is any conclusive evidence that answers it unfortunately.

The grass/concrete question is another good one.. I haven't seen any pictures of the scene, so I don't know of any yellow tape areas.. But certainly if there's a scuffle it very well could have happened all over the place (rolling around, etc).
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
11 years ago

Martin couldn't claim self defense because he was dead. Zimmerman did claim self defense after following/stalking and scaring a 17 year old boy. Martins GF was having a conversation with him on the phone and she said he expressed fear, I'll find the article.

As far as Trayvons past, he was suspended from school for having some weed shake in the lining of his backpack, and I hadn't heard about him punching a bus driver but he's not some recidivist (gotta love Raising Arizona!) who struck fear into the general public. I'm sure he was no angel, probably a typical blowhard pseudo gangster, but in the end he's dead and this full grown man Zimmerman, who was specifically told by the 911 operator to mind his own business, ended his life. And walked away.

Originally Posted by: dingus 

I guess I'm missing the point of this post.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Cheesey
11 years ago
Dingus, beleiev me, i know more about racism then you think.
"Reverse discrimination" has hit me my entire life.
Yes, minorities were treated bad in this country in the past. And the country has gone overboard the other way to somehow make up for it.

Let me ask a question (to everyone) on here.
What if Zimmerman was YOUR brother, or close friend? Would you want the "rush to judgement" that you have seen all over the networks?
They arn't "newscasts" anymore. They are all about getting people to watch. The more "sensational" the more viewers they get. There is no "journalism" anymore. GET THE SCOOP! and worry about if there is any truth to it LATER.

I just hope i (or any of my loved ones) are never put into a situation like this, where you have the entire country wanting to string you up, without anyone "bothering" to waste time with the facts.

As i have stated over and over, i don't truly know what happned. NO ONE on this site truely knows what happened.

As far as OJ Simpson, i saw alot of the trial on TV. And from that, i based my opinion on his guilt.
I would NOT however, have jailed him based on what i saw on TV. I would have to have been in the courtroom for the entire trial to come to a "guilty" or "not guilty" verdict. As i said, it's m ONLY my opinion based on what i saw, which is alot more then i have seen on the Zimmerman case.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
George Zimmerman was arrested and charged with second degree murder.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/11/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html 

According to this, the adult was told he was not need to follow the kid, yet continued following him anyways. I hadn't heard it said absolutely before this. A good point was made too about the stand your ground law ... -- Florida Rep. Dennis Baxley, who sponsored the "stand your ground" law in 2005, said nothing in it allows people to "pursue and confront."--

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago

Did we even have Favre debates? lol I don't recall if we did.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

Funny. I don't remember if it was on this site or the one that should not be named. It was 2007. Some of us wanted Randy Moss by any means necessary and there were pretty much two sides to the argument Favre vs Ted Thompson.

So this was pre-2009 Favre on the Vikings.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Funny. I don't remember if it was on this site or the one that should not be named. It was 2007. Some of us wanted Randy Moss by any means necessary and there were pretty much two sides to the argument Favre vs Ted Thompson.

So this was pre-2009 Favre on the Vikings.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I don't believe anyone knew how badly Brett Favre wanted Randy Moss and it was solely speculation. It would have been the other site that had held that debate as the traffic built large here August 2008. 🙂 (actually, the exact day that Brett Favre was traded to the New York Jets if you want to know an exact date.)

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Jorge Rodriguez, Zimmerman’s next-door neighbor, has come forward saying that Zimmerman had “two big, butterfly bandages on the back of his head, and another big bandage...on the bridge of his nose” the day after the shooting.

Rodriguez’s wife Audria also claims to have seen the bandages, and a third neighbor, who chose to remain anonymous said "I saw two bandages on the back of his head, and his nose was all swollen up."

I wonder how many folks are going to say he went to the store and bought the bandages and put them on for "show" ...
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

LOL.. been in the IT business for over twenty years, damn never knew that website hits generated profits, thanks much for the tip. [sarcasm]

My point is, if you are going to regard yourself as a fact driven journalist or company, then do your homework and provide researched facts over an angle to draw hits. If that is what you are after, then announce yourself as a "paid" blogger feeding rumors over facts. If I wanted drama and rumor, I would read TMZ.

If I hit a site like CNN, ABC, CBS I want the authors to present validated facts or if they are going to report the "latest" gossip, disclose it as such. Don't present me a timeline or accounts based on poorly researched or single unnamed sources as fact, it will be the quickest way for me to drop them as an regular read.

And Yes I know it is common, but honestly, I think it one of the greatest downfalls of this nonstop media driven age, being first or providing a slant to generate hit verses reporting the news as is without fiction.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Jeez, and people call me a dreamer. [grin1]

I can't remember the last time I watched "news" on TV. 9/11 maybe?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Speaking of the facts. NBC fires producer over edited Zimmerman 911 call.

NBC News edited version. Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good ... he looks black."

Actual version. Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining, and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 handler: "OK, and this guy -- is he black, white or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman: "He looks black,"

This was AUDIO that was edited, not just some copy/paste flip up ...

Sensationalism... annoying! Why can't we just get the known facts and ... god forbid ... use our OWN minds to come with our own opinions instead of always being steered one way or another.
UserPostedImage