gbguy20
11 years ago
How would going on the PUP list get him in football shape? When you are on the PUP you aren't allowed to practice.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

How would going on the PUP list get him in football shape? When you are on the PUP you aren't allowed to practice.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

One word answer. Madden.

There have been no cases of players suffering paralysis after returning from single-level spinal fusion.

JSOnline wrote:

I wonder how they conducted this research.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago

I wonder how they conducted this research.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Easy. You get two groups of players. One group is a control group, they haven't had the surgery. Then you have the test group. You take all those guys in and operate on them.

Then you mix them up randomly so that the experimentor doesn't know which is which. Each guy gets pounded straight down on the top of his head, super hard.

At the end, you do data analysis. All the ones who are paralyzed turn out to be from the control group. Easy!

Oh yeah, first you get a grant. Probly from a group of spinal surgeons.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
play2win
11 years ago
wow.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Agreed.

I'd hate to play poker with 🇹🇹. He'd end up with my money, my credit cards, and my wedding ring and I'd be convinced I won the game.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

don't forget thanking him for the wonderful evening.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
11 years ago
i applauded u for creativity
Dulak
11 years ago
Butchers!

Wish I could make 100,000+ doing a surgery on someone with no symptoms that has a 'cr$%' prognosis
(not really)

Not much is known about his symptoms after his injury; but what was written was that he had no neurological symptoms after injury; his CT was negative. Most likely his MRI showed a disc bulge.
The surgery was performed pretty quickly after his injury 10days~.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/3194/nick-collins 

For everyone that doesn't know much about disc bulges ... They are Common with a capital C. I've seen various numbers listed from 64% of the population to 30%. And many of these being with people that are asymptomatic.

I'm going to use one example; pt comes in with mri confirmed disc bulge at the L5 area, has meeting with spinal surgery scheduled for may 10th; seen pat for less then 2 weeks and getting spinal surgery is the last thing on patients mind atm ... his symptoms are drastically reduced.

My point being did Nick Collins need spinal fusion surgery to correct a disc bulge and was adequate conservative care given to him; less then 10 days for conservative care? (certainly doesnt sound like it ...) - and the symptoms listed in the paper did not describe much; although we were not privey to all his symptoms and findigs.

The question is should Nick Collins have received neck surgery? Was it the right choice for him - financially? health wise? Football wise? spirtial wise?
Feel free to look up symptoms of people that have had spinal surgery and their long term issues.
And as we can see his football career doesnt look that promising atm.

No I cannot make that decsion for him; but it looks like it was strongly suggested to him to seek surgery and not conservative care; most likely was suggested that the disc bulge could impact him in a severe way even thou it was not doing so atm and that surgery would help prevent this and conservative care wouldn't do much.

Yes Im still mad about what was done to nick collins and I wish he had the opportunity to try something less drastic.

Let Nick Collins surgery be a lesson for you; next time your GP suggests some unnatural approach do your research first.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I read from a few places that the only reason Nick Collins needed the surgery was to have a chance to play in the NFL again. That he could have went without it and lived a 'normal' life.

Financially, I think he could afford it, lol.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

I read from a few places that the only reason Nick Collins needed the surgery was to have a chance to play in the NFL again. That he could have went without it and lived a 'normal' life.

Financially, I think he could afford it, lol.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't think that he personal finances were a determining factor. He was injured on the field during a game. That is work comp. He was not able to return to work but he was on salary so to speak. (He still got paid.) Rehab was also paid for by the comp ins or when he uses the Packers facility.

There have been a few snide remarks cast in the direction on Ted and Mike about them being cold and heartless when it comes to deciding whether or not to let Nick play, one can say the same about Nick. It can be argued he went ahead with a possibly needless surgery at this time because if he waited 20-30 years to have the surgery when he would really need it he would have to pay it out of his own pocket. By that time he would no longer be covered by the Packers work comp policy. The insurance company at that time could say he was fine and re injured it at a later date outside the work environment. He would not be entitled to come in and use the training facilities. If he has a career at that time he would not be paid during his rehab. (Depending of course on his career path.)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
When speaking of Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy allegedly wanting Nick Collins to retire is all about money ... why is it not mentioned that Nick Collins agent, Alan Herman also said he's urging his client to retire and if he were his son, that would be his recommendation? An agent doesn't make money off retired players.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.