Cheesey
12 years ago
If the kid WAS attacking the guy, then Zimmerman had every right to use whatever he had to defend himself.

I think we all agree it's a sad thing that happened. But to just blame Zimmerman is wrong too.
If someone started beating me, you better believe i'd do whatever i could to stop it.
Does that mean i'd like to shoot someone? NO!!!
But if it's me or him, i'll do what i can to make sure it's not me.
Like the old saying goes, i'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago
I think we're all too eager to defend one party or the other. Zimmerman was overzealous. Trayvon made mistakes too. When people make violent mistakes, sometimes people get killed. Let's stop pretending that this was cold blooded murder, or completely justifiable.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/27/justice/florida-teen-shooting-witnesses/index.html?hpt=hp_c2 

If anybody is willing to either convict someone or exonerate them based on this crappy, conflicting evidence that has come out so far, I pray to god they never sit on a jury. Can't we all calm the hell down, and let the facts come out before screaming that someone should be thrown in jail or that he's innocent?
Formo
12 years ago

I think we're all too eager to defend one party or the other. Zimmerman was overzealous. Trayvon made mistakes too. When people make violent mistakes, sometimes people get killed. Let's stop pretending that this was cold blooded murder, or completely justifiable.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/27/justice/florida-teen-shooting-witnesses/index.html?hpt=hp_c2 

If anybody is willing to either convict someone or exonerate them based on this crappy, conflicting evidence that has come out so far, I pray to god they never sit on a jury. Can't we all calm the hell down, and let the facts come out before screaming that someone should be thrown in jail or that he's innocent?

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Exactly. =d>
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I think what most of us are wanting is the truth, more than anything. I don't care for those who are trying to place the race card at all. I don't think the issue here is about race. I don't think anyone is pretending this was cold blooded murder either. Thanks for the hyperbole, as if Formo wasn't doing well enough on his own.

As I've said several times now, the adult is wrong for getting out of the vehicle. He was right to call in a suspicious person. He was, in my opinion, right for following the kid until police arrived (my rationale is if the kid did do something wrong, by 'handshaking' the kid to the police, justice is more likely brought forth).

If it is true that the adult was walking back to his vehicle and THEN the kid approaches him, exchanged words and punches him ... yes, indeed self defense is rightfully claimed by the adult.

If it is true that the adult kept driving around after the dispatcher said it wasn't needed to follow him, found the kid, got out of his vehicle to speak with the kid, exchanged words, kid punches him and then the adult shoots him, that is not self defense because in MY OPINION, the adult loses the right to claim self defense by getting out of his vehicle AFTER following the kid around because he then becomes the AGGRESSOR.

BTW, who is not calmed down? We don't know all the facts so there's nothing to get riled up over. Well, other than the idiots putting a "hit" on the adult, which is friggin stupid.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
I just read that the adult was carrying a Kel-Tec 9mm automatic pistol while going out to the grocery store when he noticed the suspicious individual. Who the hell takes their gun to the grocery store? Suppose, you never know when those apples will start to attack!!
UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago
I was directing my "calm down" at society in general. Once the media played the race card, it was off to the races (pardon the pun), and we lost all semblance of perspective. Was it racially motivated? Maybe. Maybe not. But waaaaaay too many people passing judgement waaaaaay too early. And at this point, you almost can't arrest the guy without substantial evidence that it was in fact murder-murder because you really can't guarantee this guy's safety in jail unless you put him in solitary. He's been made a marked man by the media, and nowhere close to enough people have a problem with the media painting targets then smiling innocent.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I was directing my "calm down" at society in general. Once the media played the race card, it was off to the races (pardon the pun), and we lost all semblance of perspective. Was it racially motivated? Maybe. Maybe not. But waaaaaay too many people passing judgement waaaaaay too early. And at this point, you almost can't arrest the guy without substantial evidence that it was in fact murder-murder because you really can't guarantee this guy's safety in jail unless you put him in solitary. He's been made a marked man by the media, and nowhere close to enough people have a problem with the media painting targets then smiling innocent.

Bah, person is smart, people are dumb. Society is full of morons who read a headline while drinking their coffee and formulate an opinion on what the facts are. Couple that with poor irresponsible journalism and you get heated arguments all over.

I don't know that the adult deserves jail time. Part of me thinks he shouldn't be allowed to own a gun again. But again, don't know all the facts so ...
UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago

Bah, person is smart, people are dumb. Society is full of morons who read a headline while drinking their coffee and formulate an opinion on what the facts are. Couple that with poor irresponsible journalism and you get heated arguments all over.

I don't know that the adult deserves jail time. Part of me thinks he shouldn't be allowed to own a gun again. But again, don't know all the facts so ...

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

My point about putting him in jail is to address the people calling for him to be at least arrested. Where are they going to stick him where he's safe? He's already in protective custody because of the threats against him IIRC, he'd might as well be in jail. If the DA thinks there's sufficient evidence to convict, they'll press charges. If not, they probably won't.

This guy's life is going to be pretty rough for a long, long time regardless of his guilt or lacktherof or the outcome of all of this.
Formo
12 years ago

I just read that the adult was carrying a Kel-Tec 9 Mike McCarthy automatic pistol while going out to the grocery store when he noticed the suspicious individual. Who the hell takes their gun to the grocery store? Suppose, you never know when those apples will start to attack!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Wow.. Mike McCarthy has his own pistol now!!!!! You Packer fans must be clamoring for that gun, eh! lol

Anyway, when you have a permit to carry, one of the things you are taught to do is to keep your weapon on you ALL the time. Make it apart of your attire, like your wallet and cell phone. The more you carry it, the more comfortable you are with it. The only time, the instructor says, to not have it on your persons is when the building/state you are going to occupy has legal signs saying that guns are not permitted, etc. etc.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

Wow.. Mike McCarthy has his own pistol now!!!!! You Packer fans must be clamoring for that gun, eh! lol

Anyway, when you have a permit to carry, one of the things you are taught to do is to keep your weapon on you ALL the time. Make it apart of your attire, like your wallet and cell phone. The more you carry it, the more comfortable you are with it. The only time, the instructor says, to not have it on your persons is when the building/state you are going to occupy has legal signs saying that guns are not permitted, etc. etc.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

Plus, some of those suburban moms can be awfully violent with the pineapples.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)