wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
I am stunned at how quickly the time goes by. 4 1/2 years for my dad.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
12 years ago
time marches on kevin. i'll be thinking of you today & hoping you get through it without too many tears, a few laughs, & lots of great memories of your mom.
Cheesey
12 years ago
Wow....time does fly. And it seems (which i always heard from "old folks") that as you get older, time seems to go faster.
I know it's that way for me.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
It's incredible the amount of physical pain I can handle, yet, the thought of not being able to send mother a birthday card in a couple weeks or seeing her on Christmas ... shoots tears down my cheeks.
UserPostedImage
macbob
12 years ago

It's incredible the amount of physical pain I can handle, yet, the thought of not being able to send mother a birthday card in a couple weeks or seeing her on Christmas ... shoots tears down my cheeks.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

My dad died 10 years ago on (fittingly) on Veterans Day. The ache doesn't really get better. I was crying on the way home from work today hearing a story on the radio about families who had lost husbands/fathers, etc in Afghanistan. It just brought back the whole feeling of loss all over again.

You're a good son, and a good father to a little girl. I'm sure your mom would be very proud of you.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
12 years ago
wow - looking back on these posts - amazing! it's now been 6 years since i lost my dad.
i was a hot mess on what would have been his 76th birthday but did much better on the anniversary of his death.
just grateful to have all you guys to share joys & sorrows with.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
My big brother died in 1975. My dad died in 1977. I still miss them both.

While I don't ever expect this to change, and so in that sense, the wound never heals, the scar tissue has more or less gotten thick enough so that the "sad" memories are generally blurred enough not to be painful.

(I wish I could say the same about Happy. It's over six months now, and it still feels like yesterday that my sister called me in Columbus.)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
To say the weeks proceeding and succeeding April 30th and November 18th are troubling for me, mentally and emotionally would be an understatement the last nearly four years. It's a time when I have to accept mom is gone. I can't "trick" myself into believing she is just not answering the phone or is 1,200 miles away attributing to why I can not see her.

You never gave up on me, even when I nearly did. Finally I started to get it together; graduated college, good career, nice place to live, custody of Keiana and even started repairing my relationship with Dad like you so badly wanted ... after years of disappointment, I started to become a son you could be proud of, ... and then, you were taken from us. It's not fair ... life ... is not fair. I vision you nudging grandpa, pointing, saying "that's your grandson!". I will get knocked down, but knowing you are watching, I will always get up better than I was before. Nothing can keep me down because I have you up there watching and I can not fail you. Happy Birthday mom. You were taken far too soon ... we still need you, I ... still need you.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
When the day approaches, the coming weeks tend to be very difficult. This time, I engulfed myself into a project to keep my mind busy. It worked until the day after the fourth year of her passing. I don't remember the song, but Tuesday while at work I suddenly had tears sliding down my cheeks uncontrollably. I can't shake the feeling of no matter how strong I try to be, the more weak I feel.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Yesterday was the birthday of one of my two idols growing up, Dale Earnhardt. I was sharing some videos with Keiana. She either did well pretending to be interested, or she really was. And today marks five years since mom left us. I used to tell her all the time that she shouldn't worry about me, that I was a big boy and could handle myself. I was thinking of that this morning and when I closed my eyes, I could see her and hear her saying "Kevin Jon!" and then proceeded to tell me how she's my mother and will always worry about me. I'm very thankful for the ability to recall memories so well ... it's as if she never really left.
UserPostedImage
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.