Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 5:37:22 PM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

Havn't posted in a while but have been keeping up with the site and all the regular craziness going on in here. Today I finally felt like writing again. Some of you may remember me as one of Brett's biggest supporters and I'll admit to being one of the Favre fanatics you refer to. Through all the BS I have still found it impossible not to worship this guy. Even last year I still stood by the guy and couldn't fully be swung to the Rodgers side. Even though my head wanted to you can't control what your heart tells you.
This year has been different and I support Aaron just as much as I ever did Brett. The sad thing is Farve has done this to himself. First the backhanded compliments to Aaron and then today the last straw for me.
You're probably not aware but today Anthony Calvillo who plays for Montreal (CFL) became pro football's all time passer in yards. They stopped the game and had a nice ceremony. Nice tribute by Chris Berman and then a clip from the top 5 all time passers. #5 Marino had a nice message. #4 Moon had a nice message. #3 Damon Allen (brother to Marcus also played CFL) nice message and then #2 Farve...nothing,zilch, zippo.
I'd like to think he wasn't available but that's hard to believe he didn't have a minute. I easier belive he doesn't want it thought of as someone else's record. Now I can easy see you laughing cause it's CFL but it's the principle of it.
More and more his colours as a man are coming out. I use to love him as a football player and a man. Now I can only respect him for what he did as a Packer. Here's to Rodgers driving home some humility by going back to back SB's and 4 MVP's

Edited by user Monday, October 10, 2011 6:09:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: grammer

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Packers_Finland on 10/12/2011(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 5:46:58 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

I'd love to read this, if you add some paragraphs. lol sorry
UserPostedImage
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 6:03:13 PM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

Okay I'll try to edit for you. I figured if I don't try then it won't hurt when NSD picks out the errors.
I give up I wanted to edit and can't even do that. Time for me to go back to just being a reader
Offline rabidgopher04  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 6:19:41 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 112
Applause Received: 126

Hate to read into it too much, but it's entirely possible that Favre just doesn't want to acknowledge it. He always did say it's not about the records, but I think in some ways it was.
Do you like bacon?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 6:22:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: CDNRodgersfan Go to Quoted Post
Okay I'll try to edit for you. I figured if I don't try then it won't hurt when NSD picks out the errors.
I give up I wanted to edit and can't even do that. Time for me to go back to just being a reader

Don't let Rourke scare you.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:40:24 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 642
Applause Received: 1,320

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I'd love to read this, if you add some paragraphs. lol sorry

Nazi!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, we'll always respect what Favre did as a Packer. He made the organization relevant again. He's just a scumbag, no other way around it unless you prefer the word douche.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:38:23 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Don't let Rourke scare you.

What are you talking about? Rourke scares ME! Weeeee!!
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:49:18 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Maybe Brett was never asked? Maybe Brett has tried to contact the guy but no one returns his calls?

Could that be??

Or rather just believe Brett was an ass?

People know that I have had some issues and had hate for Brett..But want opinions based on fact, or evidence.

I gave you proof why it happened.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:19:44 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

There's no question the comments Brett said were backhanded compliments, but hardly something to be the last straw in my opinion. Backhanded yes, understandable, sure, his replacement got a ring while he was still playing. That has to sting.

I think the other guys who acknowledged the guys record were more of a positive for them, than it is a negative for Brett not returning the call, or whatever he's being accused of.
UserPostedImage
Offline longtimefan  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:37:55 AM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

There's no question the comments Brett said were backhanded compliments, but hardly something to be the last straw in my opinion. Backhanded yes, understandable, sure, his replacement got a ring while he was still playing. That has to sting.

I think the other guys who acknowledged the guys record were more of a positive for them, than it is a negative for Brett not returning the call, or whatever he's being accused of.

Brett didnt get a call, Brett did the calling and no one returned his calls
Offline RaiderPride  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 1:13:27 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 101
Applause Received: 190

Originally Posted by: CDNRodgersfan Go to Quoted Post

Well I enjoyed reading this. And Zero... It was not a difficult read even without paragraphs.

Too bad a forum can alienate people into being just readers and not contributors.

The more contributors the better the insight and read.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 1:23:17 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride Go to Quoted Post
And Zero... It was not a difficult read even without paragraphs.

Stating the obvious, you're not me, I am. If something is not easy for me to read, I'm not going to read it. By no means does that mean the content is not worthwhile. I have limited time. I like paragraphs. They are cute.

No one can make someone contribute or not contribute, that's solely on the person. They can say they won't because of this and/or that, but bottom line, it's their choice. And I for one have given up trying to make everyone happy.

Regardless of whether I read something or not, it's a valued contribution to the site.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 3:05:17 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 642
Applause Received: 1,320

No one can make someone contribute or not contribute, that's solely on the person. They can say they won't because of this and/or that, but bottom line, it's their choice. And I for one have given up trying to make everyone happy.

When in the hell have you ever tried to make me happy? I must have missed play time. As for reading, I should really read all the long winded shit that gets posted in here, but obviously I skim read for the most part. It's not that I dismiss what's written, it's that like you Zero I have limited time.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed