Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Lay it out there, you won't hurt my feelings because I'm sure you all know the was little to no saving the other site for long term and thus without this site, we'd have nothing.

The site's no where near being done, but none the less, I'm serious when I say I want to know how you all feel about the site. If you love it, hate it, what it needs, what it doesn't need, etc.

I know I have my own personal bitches, I want to hear yours. The majority of mine are in the works of being patched out.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
So you don't want us doing the separate "Forums > Problem" threads any more?

Anyway, my bitch right now is...

I can't figure out the rules for when the PH logo at the left is greyed out and when it is bright. It seems as if when I read one thread and go back to the index page, all the other unread threads are now greyed out.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

So you don't want us doing the separate "Forums > Problem" threads any more?

Anyway, my bitch right now is...

I can't figure out the rules for when the PH logo at the left is greyed out and when it is bright. It seems as if when I read one thread and go back to the index page, all the other unread threads are now greyed out.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Nope, I'll put them in to categories.

The new post icon stuff is pretty annoying. It's to be fixed in the next release, supposedly.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Hey

the area that is white needs a background that has opacity of a slightly transparent overlay so that it gives the whole page more flavor, but the opacity will make sure it doesn't appear to busy or chaotic

adam

DarkaneRules wrote:

I'm not sure what this means, but I do agree the white is too much. I don't know that I want the site as dark as the previous one. That kind of worn my eyes a little.
UserPostedImage
macbob
12 years ago
more green...
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
My Comments.

I'll be working on a dark theme as this one fullfills my moderate goal for a light theme.

I don't like there being two profiles, one for site, one for forums, however, it's a necessary evil. DotNetNuke has its own forums, but they are not mature in development. If DNN 6 has the good forums integrated in its released, we'll look into converting the YAF forums into the DNN flavor. I doubt that will happen since the YAF forums are one of the best out there and their support is really good.

I do not like the new post icon behavior. If you click the forum category and click each thread, the icon works as expected. If you access the forum category via the quick link or the little icon's to the right of the last post user name, they do not behave properly. This is supposed to be fixed, or is fixable. I've seen it on other YAF forums that work as expected.

The forums signature box is not positioned level with the user information box. I don't like that. <-- was just told I'm not the first to bemoan about this and it's fixed in the next release 1.9.5.6

When making/editing a post, sometimes you lose everything. I've started copying everything I post just in case, lol.

I like the flow of the site and how it's structured,
the admin panel is fantastic,
I really like both the thumb up/down feature and the Thank feature,
the banning of users is really nice you can even suspend someone for X hours or from a specific forum,
its written in a language I'm familiar with (C# and ASP),
installing modules/extensions/skins is extremely easy.

Overall, the site is really great and with having the source code and it being in a language I'm knowledgeable leaves expandability virtually limitless. I just need to get familiar with the nuts and bolts of everything and then I can start tinkering.

I'll probably start working on a dark theme this weekend, or the next.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
Compiling right now.. a few comments.

<Likes>

• Layout

• Expanded Post Editor Features

• Album's (Although not friendly to link from)

• Like the lighter theme.. has a cleaner look.. although I think we could spruce up from of the backsplashes with some PH logos or other water marked images.

• Like the fact that the screen focus sticks even if a large image is posted

• Love the fact that it is very easy to look at a posters last posts..

• Love the edit notification concept, even if the dialog within needs improvement

• Like the latest posts listing at the bottom of the page.

• Because I have control "freak" tendencies, lol.. or I am just plain nosy, I like the fact that you can see where others are at.. albeit again that needs some tweaking from YAF perspective.

• I like the idea that the platform can be expanded upon, updated and YAF will probably introduce new features along the way and clean up some of their code. 

• Attach feature absolutely rocks.

<Dislikes>

• New Post notification nonsense issue.. but that is more of an annoyance than hardcore issue.

• Don't care for the shoutbox placement, sizing and the fact the flyout seems flaky. 

• Navigation controls are spotty.. but concepts are solid

• There seems to be random errors in the code.. like as mentioned that fact at times the software boots you out of a thread.

Will add more today as I am compiling... the monotonous cycles in the ERP development software.. lol.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
A tip for my fellow PH members to help them overcome the problems with new post notifications. This isn't foolproof, but it works well enough.

Open the front page of the forum in one tab. Thereafter, open all links (i.e., sub-forums) by right-clicking and selecting "Open in new tab" (or equivalent command in your browser). Then from the second tab, right-click on all links to threads and open in yet a third tab. Whenever you finish a thread, close that tab and open the next thread in a new tab. After you have read all the threads in a sub-forum, close the second tab and open the next sub-forum in a new tab.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
Another Dislike to add...

• no bb tags allowed in signatures today..including img tags.. must be a new flipped setting.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
I'll be eliminate the current ShoutBox with my own personal flavor Fan Shout, when I find time to learn how to create a module, lol.

The BBCode in Signatures is something I can fix now, I made a boo boo. <-- should be fixed now
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dhazer (24m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.