Zero2Cool
13 years ago

PackersHome Member Name:VinceLambeauStarr
Real Name (first only):Jose
Hometown:Shawano, WI
Current City:London

1) How did you choose your screen name?

A simple combination of Vince Lombardi, Curly Lambeau and Bart Starr

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

Well, I was born in Boston and spent a year in Seattle before relocating to Shawano in 1991. My family is a mix of Uruguayan, Native American, Asian Indian and Turkish.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

In High School I was a track fiend, and despite my ever increasing frame, I still partake in cardiovascular training. I was boxing from the age of 6 until 2004, partaking in 22 amateur fights before I got a serious concussion by slipping in and hitting my head against the corner of a concrete step when the power went out on a vacation in India.

4) How did you find the PackersHome? And what keeps you active on the site?

After I relocated to London, I needed to find a way to watch every Packer game - Google found me PackersHome and despite my initial intention to be a foreground member and take advantage of the benefits, I found that PackersHome was my one stop resource for pretty much everything Packer and non packer related. What keeps me on this site? Are you kidding? the input on pretty much everything from engaging, unique members.

5) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

I have a very diverse range of interests - it could look like the shit you put on a resume to make yourself seem more learned heh - among the things I enjoy are Origami, Bonsai, RC automobile and planes, computers, music, language, literature, history.

6) What was your first job?

Well, my first non-paying job was working with UNICEF as a fundraiser and activity-cordinator, and my first paying job was the one I am in now, though I started off as a junior.

7) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Finding the time to relax and explore myself as a person after spending most of my after-school time in the gym and the ring. I was a relatively late social bloomer, but when I did, I really felt like I was making up for time lost. I can't name one particular memory, but just having fun with friends and women :D

8) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

Honestly? it would have to be the moment Big Ben's pass was ruled incomplete on the field. I have envisioned what i'd say to most members of the team. I'd tell Aaron Rodgers that the monkey was really imaginery, and that we all knew because we saw him and his special, special talent. I'd tell Donald Driver that Quickie has no obstacle to conquer anymore. I'd tell Charles Woodson that he is a fine wine, and the superbowl is ripe for his consumption.

9) What is your worst fear?

I fear losing myself in a white collar world when I have a blue collar personality and work ethic. I have a pretty senior position in relation to my age, and I always try and condition my mind to stay close, true and familiar to the people I am close to. Basically, I fear not being grounded and believing I am more than anybody else.

10) How many trips/games have you made to Lambeau Field?
Wow, many. I am trying to allocate an approximate number but I am stumped!

11) Whats your favorite food?

Chivito (steak sammich)

12) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

:-( Home. Wisconsin.
13) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

Aaron Rodgers, Jim Taylor, Sterling Sharpe, Vince Lombardi (hope that counts) and Bart Starr. Although Taylor, Lombardi and Starr were around before I was even a thought, I have made it a mission to become learned about the rich history of our team. I learn alot about life from the personalities of my favourite players, none moreso than Bart Starr. A true example of leadership and servitude.

14) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I have been to every continent, and my favourite places in the world are San Juan Puerto Rico, Tijuana Mexico and Venice, Italy.

15) When youre not on PackersHome, what are you doing with your free time?

Working, learning, being a family man in training.

16) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Ride shotgun in a Mig-29.

17) What other sports teams do you follow and why?

None. The Packers are my one and only sporting love.

18) What lead to your following of the Packers?

My grandfather was the first of the Mangeria clan to become a Packer die hard, a love picked up on frequent business travels to Wisconsin, a passion passed down to myself 🙂. My grandfather encountered some problems on his initial visits to our state, his English was pretty basic and he never felt truly settled until he discovered football, and from then on he has discovered his closest friends through the same common interest and love - the Green Bay f'kin Packers! Basically, The Green Bay Packers and their lovely fans facilitated the comfortable entry into America for my grandfather.

19) Can you share one of your favorite memories of the Packers?
It was on PackersHome. We were losing against the Vikings and Donald Driver went down seemingly injured, and the whole crowd started chanting his name and he jumped up. Formo remarked "your fans are amazing". That was worth a million to me!

20) What is your favorite PackersHome memory and/or feature?
See above - favourite feature has to be Gameday chat. and nerdmann.

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.

Next up? evad04.

"VinceLambeauStarr" wrote:

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
Great read VLS.
It is amazing to find a 20-something that realizes there is more than whatever happened in the 90's on up to this moment.
I find it rather annoying when I speak about something that happened back in the 30-40's (Pearl Harbor attack or a great old black and white movie) and the kids look at me and say, sometimes a little snotty, "That was before MY time." I look at them and say, "It was before my time as well."
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
13 years ago
love the white collar/blue collar comments. a cousin of mine was a real cool guy til he became an actuary, moved to chi-town, & forgot who he really is. sad thing to see, my friend. don't ever forget where you came from. you seem pretty damn grounded to me!
13 years ago

Great read VLS.
It is amazing to find a 20-something that realizes there is more than whatever happened in the 90's on up to this moment.
I find it rather annoying when I speak about something that happened back in the 30-40's (Pearl Harbor attack or a great old black and white movie) and the kids look at me and say, sometimes a little snotty, "That was before MY time." I look at them and say, "It was before my time as well."

"wpr" wrote:

:-) I always find that people who disregard history lose out on the opportunity to learn about themselves and what they may or may not like.

My generalisation is that people become the poster-child for current trend and pop-culture because they only have the history in their memory in which to learn from.

What really grinds me though, is when the basis of a subject is made accessible to all via a movie (eg. Pearl Harbor), and the presented visual becomes the cover for any historical innacuracies.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
13 years ago

love the white collar/blue collar comments. a cousin of mine was a real cool guy til he became an actuary, moved to chi-town, & forgot who he really is. sad thing to see, my friend. don't ever forget where you came from. you seem pretty damn grounded to me!

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Aww thanks lovey.

I too see people around me I used to know lose elements of their personality that made them amiable.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
Cheesey
13 years ago
GREAT read!
For me, it's always fun to learn a little about the people on here. Makes them more "real" to me!
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
VLS - Awesome read. It's great to finally get to read about you and Finny. Eh, my wife's taking her top off. I'll comment more later...
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Packers_Finland
13 years ago
This is the type of stuff why I picked you to be interviewed. Great read.
This is a placeholder
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Ah, can finally comment.

VLS - I'd have to say you're one of my favorite people on gameday chats. You're one of the reasons I love going to gameday chats even if it distracts a little from actually watching the game. You're one of the funniest people on this board and genuinely warm as well.

Looking forward to the 2011 season. :thumbright:
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Dulak
13 years ago
Hey Vince - Great read! We still have to meet up sometime.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.