Pack93z
15 years ago

Other than? OTHER THAN??? Other than has NO place in this conversation, because you're suddenly talking about a universe we don't live in.

I find it sad that people were so high on this team after the Colts game, and then we barely lose to a 9-0 team (now) and in the Metrodome, and it's doom and gloom. I find it sad that before the game in Minnesota, there was article after article about how the dome is a "carnival atmosphere" and they do a whole bunch of crap to try to distract you and get the noise level up, and then when we are guilty of some false starts it's "Discipline sucks, the O-line and the coaches have to go." I find it sad that we have the youngest team in the NFL, with a first year starter, we're one game out of the division lead with 7 to go, and everyone wants to hit the reset button.

This kind of negative crap is the reason I'm glad I don't live in Wisconsin. I can get away from it. I only pray that we beat the Bears when I fly there next week.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I can't talk for everyone else, but I am not in that Doom and Gloom stage.. and really not down on the Packers team in general. Despite our flaws we have played with a chance to win in every game but one this season in the final possession.

That speaks volumes about the talent and ability to coach this team.

Alas.. it becomes very apparent that we have a couple of areas of concern on this team, one for more than a season or two, that aren't being improved upon.

I honestly don't see why it is so hyper sensitive of a topic to offer criticism upon the areas of concern. When done with tact and within reason.. I truly believe it is legitimate topics of conversation.

I am hardly a negative person, but when I see flaws in which we continue week upon week, or even season upon season that needs to be correct.. heck yes that is legitimate chatter.

We have been a leader in penalties this season.. we have a sieve of a run defense and our offensive line continues to be a mixed bag of results...

I love this team.. probably too much..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
15 years ago
I agree with you about the problems. I disagree that we need any huge personnel changes at this point, or that we are as hopeless as the teams of the 80's. The legitimate criticism is getting lost in the doom&gloom chatter, unfortunately.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
15 years ago

Other than? OTHER THAN??? Other than has NO place in this conversation, because you're suddenly talking about a universe we don't live in.

I find it sad that people were so high on this team after the Colts game, and then we barely lose to a 9-0 team (now) and in the Metrodome, and it's doom and gloom. I find it sad that before the game in Minnesota, there was article after article about how the dome is a "carnival atmosphere" and they do a whole bunch of crap to try to distract you and get the noise level up, and then when we are guilty of some false starts it's "Discipline sucks, the O-line and the coaches have to go." I find it sad that we have the youngest team in the NFL, with a first year starter, we're one game out of the division lead with 7 to go, and everyone wants to hit the reset button.

This kind of negative crap is the reason I'm glad I don't live in Wisconsin. I can get away from it. I only pray that we beat the Bears when I fly there next week.

"pack93z" wrote:

I can't talk for everyone else, but I am not in that Doom and Gloom stage.. and really not down on the Packers team in general. Despite our flaws we have played with a chance to win in every game but one this season in the final possession.

That speaks volumes about the talent and ability to coach this team.

Alas.. it becomes very apparent that we have a couple of areas of concern on this team, one for more than a season or two, that aren't being improved upon.

I honestly don't see why it is so hyper sensitive of a topic to offer criticism upon the areas of concern. When done with tact and within reason.. I truly believe it is legitimate topics of conversation.

I am hardly a negative person, but when I see flaws in which we continue week upon week, or even season upon season that needs to be correct.. heck yes that is legitimate chatter.

We have been a leader in penalties this season.. we have a sieve of a run defense and our offensive line continues to be a mixed bag of results...

I love this team.. probably too much..

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Don't you get it Pack93z? If you criticize anyone associated with the Packers, that means you are a fair weather fan that thinks everyone should be fired.
15 years ago
I'm clearly not referring to you if you were not the ones who were saying the coaches/players have to go/be benched.
And frankly, I don't see why we can't disagree with such a drastically negative judgment on the players and coaches.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
15 years ago

I'm clearly not referring to you if you were not the ones who were saying the coaches/players have to go/be benched.
And frankly, I don't see why we can't disagree with such a drastically negative judgment on the players and coaches.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

No one on this board said McCarthy should be fired. Not one person. LOL damn.
Pack93z
15 years ago

[strike]I'm clearly not referring to you if you were not the ones who were saying the coaches/players have to go/be benched.[/strike]

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I have no problem with disagreeing upon opinions and judgment, but when the wand of "Doom and Gloom" gets cast upon the entire state of Wisconsin.. ya.. I probably will respond.

There are a hell of a lot more positives on this team than negatives.. we have depth and we are in every ballgame for the most part..

But challenges that go unchecked.. are ripe for the picking.. especially when improving any one of them, probably would result in a couple more win notched in the W column.

And if one has the opinion they have seen this before.. then so be it. But I disagree with the notion that it is the late 80's syndrome, back then under Harlan, we had no consistent plan for year to year management of the roster.. every spring it was like Madden.. what can we do this year.. no vision upon the next 3.

Infante was a decent coach.. but we were mighty thin in depth and made some critical errors in drafting.. back then, the draft was the only way to build a team.. if you missed there.. you paid for it year after year.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
longtimefan
15 years ago

I'm perfectly calm, even a bit amused. The tolerance for mediocrity and error appears to be gaining its old foothold in GB again is all I'm saying. The coaching staff has the tolerance (check out Mike McCarthy's press conference: "I don't see a discipline problem") and some fans around here seem to also.

I saw too many instances of people having it even going back to the 70's; "all Bart needs is another year", "Lynn Dickey may not be able to run, but he's got a great arm", etc. Some defenders of the coaching efforts these last two games just took me down memory lane.

What do you think Lombardi's press conference would have sounded like had he been runnng the game last Sunday?

We lost to Brad Childress folks. It was that bad. Some here are saying that had Crosby made the field goal we wouldn't be having this conversation. Wrong. We had no business even having a crack at that field goal if the Vikes QB hadn't played so poorly. The truth is, the Pack made three picks, ran back a punt, and almost stole a game. Other than those picks and the punt TD; this game was a blowout.

"oskarliminga" wrote:

Minnesota Vikings 28,
Green Bay Packers 14

Minnesota Vikings 24,
Green Bay Packers 20

Minnesota Vikings 35,
Green Bay Packers 13

Minnesota Vikings 31,
Green Bay Packers 21
15 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

No one on this board said McCarthy should be fired. Not one person. LOL damn.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

In my humble opinion, we are back to the days of Lindy Infante and Tom Braatz. Its time for this discussion to turn to the probability that we need to clean house and get a new GM and head coach, and that has nothng to do with the Favre Fiasco BTW. It has everything to do with the performance of the aforementioned individuala and their records. Ted Thompson and his west coast BS have been a disaster which didn't show itself last year but is now.

Trying to pinch nickles and hiring a coach who doesn't learn from week to week are killing us. Maybe Favre was right; we should be looking to Mooch to bail us out here.

"oskarliminga" wrote:

Yeah. And by the way, SAME person I originally quoted before all of you others got defensive.
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
DP
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago

Yeah. And by the way, SAME person I originally quoted before all of you others got defensive.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

You say defensive.. I say clarification.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.