RaiderPride
13 years ago
The REAL Message Brett is sending to the Green Bay Packers.

"Hey.. Ok You offered me 20 Million dollars to be the face of the team and an ambassador to the organization, when you chose to go with Aaron.

You offered me 20 Million to show up at events, shake hands, get belly to belly, face to face and kiss babies with the Packer faithful at every public event. I was only required to show up and wear the green and gold until I die.

HOWEVER... I Brett "The Fake" Favre will take 25% of that offer you presented. For FIVE Million I will be there, and sign the agreement with Mr. Murphy with a few agreements to the Five Million Dollar life time contract.

I shall not appear at any event at the same time with Aaron Rodgers. There can be no mention publicly about Aaron Rodgers at any event I am at, and no one is allowed to ask me for an autograph if they are wearing a #12 Packers Jersey.

Every event I attend must not include any person or persons under the age of 40 years old.

You must retire my jersey number next year and Aaron Rodgers must wait in the locker room and not be on the field at the time of my NUMBER 4 is honored.

You must agree that the Packers Organization will never retire Jersey Number 12.

In fact I (Brett Favre) demand that Aaron change his uniform number every year for the next 10 years or that The Packers trade him to the JETS this off season.

If all of the stated herein above are are agreed to, I shall except a lessor offer than was offered to me (Brett Favre) to be an ambassador for the Green Bay packers for the next 20 years.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
istanbulpacker
13 years ago

The greatest quarteback in Packers history.

"yooperfan" wrote:

Guess the 2 Super Bowl victories, 2 Super Bowl MVPs, and 3 more NFL Championships of one Bryan Bartlett Starr don't amount to a hill of beans.

He will go into the Hall of Fame as a Green Bay Packer and his number will be retired in Green Bay.
So get over it already!

"yooperfan" wrote:

I think it would be funny if they decide to retire his number one year, then change their mind, then come back the next year and decide to retire it again...oh, nevermind.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

What was the title of the thread, smart guy?

"yooperfan" wrote:

The fact that the thread title mentions Favre doesn't make the following statement any less hyperbolic.

The guy that took the Packers out of the dark years of the 70's and 80's.

"yooperfan" wrote:

Is it really a coincidence that the Packers didn't win a Super Bowl until after, for example, Reggie White came to town (or that they never won another one after he left)? Favre was certainly an important cog in the renaissance of the Packers, but he wasn't singlehandedly responsible for taking the Packers out of the dark ages.
UserPostedImage
istanbulpacker
13 years ago

The fact that the thread title mentions Favre doesn't make the following statement any less hyperbolic.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I considered his statement more trigonometric, though I can see your point
blank
Jacob
13 years ago
i dont mind this at all, i think the sooner everyone, brett included, makes up, the better, because we all know it's inevitable that he will be in the packers HOF, and the NFL HOF, and that he is a packer, not a jet, not a viking.
blueleopard
13 years ago
I think he deserves some credit for actually saying "Aaron" and "best" in the same sentence. Don't think he's even used both words in the same paragraph.

That's sincerity if you ask me.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Dulak
13 years ago
I do find it slightly humorous - but I do agree; we can hold onto anger and resentment or just let it go.

you know brett's anger only hurt himself and us if we let it ...

GL to the packers and let the best team win.
Cheesey
13 years ago
So.....now that he has "officially" retired (I'll believe it when he's not on the field SOMEWHERE next year) he finally has something nice to say about the team that gave him his shot to become a rich star.
Even though just 3 weeks ago he was telling a Bears player to beat the Packers.
The "Waffle King" strikes again.
NOW he loves the Packers? The guy changes his mind like the direction of the wind changes.
And that's ok with me. I don't really care. He changes what he says so much i never know WHAT to believe anymore.
Yes, he was a big part of the Packers winning ONE Super Bowl. I'll never forget that. But he lost alot of my respect with his antics. He will always be remembered fondly by me, just not with the same reverance i once had, before i knew what he really was like.
UserPostedImage
sanguine
13 years ago
I always had respect for favre untill he said to peppers to "go beat the packers".
And now he's stating the packers will win it all.
The guy doesn't know what he wants or what he's talking about.
Packer fan from Europe!
Greg C.
13 years ago

How could the Packers receiving corps be the "best ever, maybe" when it doesn't even include Randy Moss?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Maybe the brief stint of being Randy Moss' team mate has lit a bulb for him?

"Greg C." wrote:

Considering that Driver, Jennings, and Jones were all there when Brett left, I guess it was the addition of Jordy Nelson in 2008 that put them over the top.

Jordy Nelson=Randy Moss. Who woulda thunk it.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.