Brett wants his number retired.

I hope they give it to a punter.

"wamj2008" wrote:

OHHHHHH!! SNAP!

+1, Sir!
blank
bozz_2006
13 years ago

Brett, you can kiss ass all you want, you will not be receiving a ring.

Peace out.

"longtimefan" wrote:

AWESOME!

Anything strike you odd about this?

The 41-year old Mississippi native originally retired in 2008 after the Packers decided to go with Rodgers as their starting quarterback.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Yeah I caught that. I think they got that a little backwards... Rewriting history does kind of with the theme of this little article though.
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
Black list the 4.

No ring of honor, no Packers HOF and no retirement. Just don't let it be issued due to the dishonor he brought on himself.

Until he says he is sorry for ratting the team out an accepts full responsibility. I say he has to actually be remorseful and contrite before he gets forgiven.

But I am not bitter. Forgivness is not out of the question.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
go.pack.go.
13 years ago
I am glad that he is speaking positively about the Pack again. I don't care even if he is just trying to get back in the good graces of fans. At least he is TRYING.

I will be happy when his number is retired and he is in the hall of fame, and we can all appreciate his legacy. His HOF speech should be interesting.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
13 years ago
I think he means it. But that's kind of what chaps my ass. I'm not bitter, but this waffling, back and forth and back and forth, is what irritated me in the first place. First he tells Peppers to make sure to beat us. I've got no problem with that. Now he wants us to win. That's great, I'm glad he does. But it just reminds me of all the other times he's changed his mind!
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago
If I were Brett Favre, I would have kept playing too. The Packers moved on because they knew what they had in Aaron Rodgers. They were right. Common sense says to go with the younger player. Favre had a nice year in 2009 and proved he still had it. This year, things did not go his way. I hope Packer fans can get over him playing for the Vikings because Favre is a Packer. You cannot write Packer history without him and you cannot write pro football history without the Packers.
yooperfan
13 years ago
Wow!
The greatest quarteback in Packers history.
The guy that took the Packers out of the dark years of the 70's and 80's.
Packers fans hung on his arm for 16 years and enjoyed every touchdown, every win and every championship. Most Packers fans were brought to a high state of excitement every time he stepped on the field.
Everyone but Brett Favre knew he should retire for good after the 2007 NFCCG. He waffled so he was traded, it's a business.

Now Brett Favre has the audacity to say something good about the Green Bay Packers.
How dare you Brett, you piece of shit.

I'm simply amazed at the excrement being thrown at this Green Bay Packers icon and future hall of famer.
He will go into the Hall of Fame as a Green Bay Packer and his number will be retired in Green Bay.
So get over it already!
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

"yooperfan" wrote:

Hey, you said it, not me. :P

Way to ignore the contributions of the other Packers players of that era, by the way.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
13 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Hey, you said it, not me. :P

Way to ignore the contributions of the other Packers players of that era, by the way.

"yooperfan" wrote:

What was the title of the thread smart guy?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (18m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (32m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.