agopackgo4
15 years ago
I agree, and the exciting thing is, that we are in a division that is wide open. We gotta take care of business against the Vikings this week.
4PackGirl
15 years ago

Well, at least Aaron Rodgers's stats look good. That's what is most important.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

i don't EVER want to hear you tell ANYONE to stay out of the brett favre section!

back to the topic...we were beat by the better team AND by ourselves.
15 years ago
I can't read any more articles on the game in the national media or even local media. Everyone is focusing on how Tennessee was able to pound it in OT to set up the winning field goal. Well no shit, the Packers had just been on the field IMMEDIATELY BEFORE that drive in the 4th quarter giving it their all to stop Tennessee, after an entire game of hard played football, where GB shut down Tennessee's offense for the most part in the 2nd half. It really all came down to the coin flip. You could tell a number of our players on D were just gassed in OT having to play two consecutive huge series, after playing so hard all day.
UserPostedImage
elleblue
15 years ago

We missed some opportunities. This game was completely in reach.

I know a lot of fans are saying we're a mediocre team, but I think this game showed we're better than average. The titans are undefeated, for cripes sake! And we nearly pulled off an upset in their house.

I understand that a loss is a loss and a loss sucks. But, let's be honest. A bad or even mediocre team wouldn't have been able to take the Titans to overtime.

We have some work to do before we can consistently pull games like that out at the end against the toughest opponents, so we're not a top tier team yet. But we're still above average.

"TimeToThink" wrote:

Yes, we pulled off a pretty big showing for playing an undefeated team like the Titans. There were some missed opportunities here and here, but we tied the score and lost in OT. Nothing too shabby about that. Sure, it would've been great to win the game. I would've been estatic! But I'm stll proud of fact that we played pretty damn good against the best team in the league (right now).
blank
warhawk
15 years ago
Well, if the Titans are a better team it's by a hair on their chin.

We gained nearly 400 yards and that's 100 yards more than they normally give up but only scored 16 which is just a few over what they allow.

It was a game we had if we come up with just one or two plays and went about how I thought it would except we didn't turn the yards into points.

We are a second half of the season team and looking ahead I think we will again come through in the second half this year.

We are healthy and neither the Bears or Vikes strike great fear in anybody and the "Boys, NY, Eagles, and Washington will beat each other up the rest of the way.

If that's the best the AFC has got I am actually optimistic we can be sitting in a good spot when the regular season is over and I am calling for another showdown with the Giants in the NFC Championship game.
"The train is leaving the station."
Yerko
15 years ago

Talk about Brady moving away...What in the HELL what Nick Barnett doing in OT???? when he tackled their RB. he kept pushing him down. Talk about stupid play. He had a chance of getting them into better field goal range.

"agopackgo4" wrote:

Speaking of Nick Barnett...what the hell is wrong with the guy? I mean really....he has been a ghost on the field this year and the only time I see him doing something is hitting the player after the whistle. He did it 3 times during the Titans game. Hey Barnett...do us a favor? Play football.

Sucks that we lost but you win some and you lose some...I still think we are one of the better teams this year but with as effed up as football is this season, Miami can go to the Superbowl somehow. (kidding)
UserPostedImage
bigfog
15 years ago
Defensive line really missed Jenkins during the game, especially during OT. The guys that were in there gave it there all, but they were gassed. A healthy Jenkins and who knows, Green Bay's looking at a win there.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
agopackgo4
15 years ago

I can't read any more articles on the game in the national media or even local media. Everyone is focusing on how Tennessee was able to pound it in OT to set up the winning field goal. Well no shit, the Packers had just been on the field IMMEDIATELY BEFORE that drive in the 4th quarter giving it their all to stop Tennessee, after an entire game of hard played football, where GB shut down Tennessee's offense for the most part in the 2nd half. It really all came down to the coin flip. You could tell a number of our players on D were just gassed in OT having to play two consecutive huge series, after playing so hard all day.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Do you think that the Packers could have done the same to the Titans if the Pack were to have won the toss? (im not disagreeing with your post, I am just wondering your opinion)
15 years ago
Yeah, I do. Or even if we didn't, at least the D would have some time to rest before going back out there. We had shut them down much of the 2nd half - the only time we didn't was when we slid into a prevent-type defense at the end of the 4th. It was a very difficult situation, imho.

It doesn't matter. We lost it when we threw 2 incompletions and a short pass from their 45. RUN THE BALL AND KICK THE WINNING FIELD GOAL. ARGH. I love McCarthy's play calling most of the time, but when he gets it wrong he REALLY gets it wrong.
UserPostedImage
gbpfan
15 years ago
i was really upset with this game you could tell they came off their bye week dropped balls the interception the fumble,the drops where huge but then i'm reading the posts and thinking like all of you we did have a good game it was close i was upset when the d-line gave up the t.d right after we scored i will say though the toss if we would have gotten i think we win the way they played and held their running game vikes look out because peterson isn't going to get much on the ground and the passing game well we have you covered,i was upset but we gave them a run for their money i think after cliff left the second half do to illness colleage did okay d-line 2 sacks so there where highlights :icon_smile:
Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (4h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (5h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (8h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (10h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (11h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (22h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.