tromadz
15 years ago
1. Waiting for him to "prove himself" would only drive his price UP. This shows you know nothing about football.
2. Blaming the 4-3 record on Aaron Rodgers, a kid who has 12 Tds, 4 Ints, was top 10 in Qb rating and completion % before the bye week is STUPID, and anyone who thinks it IS his fault is stupid and should [[edited]]
15 years ago

Call me crazy (or more intelligent than you)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

nice.

i actually think we got over on him a bit, provided he stays healthy of course. this kid is only going to get better....provided he stays healthy of course.

excellent move....provided he stays healthy of course!
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
The only number that is important is the 20 million guaranteed.

Everyone knows that NFL contracts are not worth the paper they are printed on, becuase a franchise can void a players contract anytime they want. They might have to take a hit on their salary cap but it is done all the time.

Considering the guaranteed money that is being thrown out to #1 picks these days 20 million is not bad for a guy who has been with the team for 4 years .
Aaron Rodgers stays healthy, he is going to be worth every dollar in the contract.
The money he did not get 4 years ago by dropping all the way to #24, he has now receved.

Think about it, if The Packers would not have had a BF playing 4 years ago, The Packers would have had to pay Aaron Rodgers much more than they did, even though he was an unproven rookie.

Now Aaron gets his due after being a team player, sitting for 3 years, learning the system, and being ready when his time came.

Will it work out? Nobody knows at this time, so far you have to give him a passing grade. He has room for improvement , but what player doesn't.

Those of you who are ripping The Packers Management for making this deal need to stop. If for some reason this deal does not work out, and future signings don't work out, sooner or later changes will be made.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
dhazer
15 years ago

Those of you who wanted to see more of him... Jesus.

Lest we forget.

You would have seen more of him. But there was one former player who did not want that to happen. If fact, he tried to stop it from happening this frickin year.

There were so many games in the last two years where this team was well ahead late in the game and young Aaron should have got snaps but did not because the team was afraid to upset GOD. And GOD did not want to give up a single snap for the sake of developing anyone who was playing the same position as GOD.

I find it amazing that Chico is playing so well with out those opportunities. He was hand-cuffed, his development would be even greater if he would have had more opportunities.

But the kid has, overcome, adapted, and achieved.

He already has earned some of that money with his attitude and fortitude.

Finally. Ted and Mike had the brass balls to say... Enough is enough.

I am sure God can not sleep tonight knowing the contract Chico was given, and that lack of sleep will effect GOD's game tomorrow.

Gotta Run... I have to call my bookie and put some money on the BILL's Minus 5 points.

I think the over/under on Interceptions for the Jet's is 2. I am taking the over on picks, and The Bills minus 5

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Raider i have to ask but are you Rodgers or related to him? In your eyes god is Rodgers you remind me of cal man i swear some people sould pull their lips off a certain body part of the Packers qb.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
68md
15 years ago

Wait, people are complaining about this? You've got to be FUCKING kidding me. Some of you people disgust me.

-We get a talented young QB for six years locked up.
-And in Ted Thompson fashion, we didn't get taken advantage of by a greedy agent.

GO Packers...

and some of you people can just GO away...

"tromadz" wrote:

Trom said it all right there !
68md
15 years ago

Ted Thompson's going to sign a bunch of his own guys and no FA's that could really help this team.

Get ready for a bunch of mediocre football.

This team may always be kind of good, but they will never be great, and they will never be Champions because of moves like this.

Ted Thompson doesn't understand what Ron Wolf did.

You build a nucleus of a team through the draft, and you put it over the top by signing KEY freee agents for need.

Ted Thompson is in love with himself so much he will only depend on the draft, and that will be his un-doing.

***edited***
Keep the stupid out of your posts, or I will remove it for you.
- Zero

"Roddyboy" wrote:

It's obvious you have no clue about pro football... as for
'moves like this" it's the ONLY way we stay competitive without a CBA in place.
If we listened to guys like you and Hazer we would have no chance of being competitive long term ...NONE. Please don't go away mad just go away.
dfosterf
15 years ago
Ted Thompson has his shit together. He always has. Sorry he doesn't follow down the path of least resistance by resigning aged and/or non-commited football players. It would be very easy to do, as those players have contributed in the past, and the fanbase has an emotional attachment to them. Sorry he doesn't go out in the free agent market and sign "big splash" players in order to appease some folks need for off-season excitement. That would also be easy to do, as the fanbase leans toward the "big-name". He is doing what he has always done, QUIETLY doing the best thing for the Green Bay Packers, as he sees it at the time. Does he make mistakes? You bet he does. One Harrell of a lot fewer of them than he gets credit for, even when his critics have the complete luxury of 20/20 vision in HINDSIGHT. Those jerk-offs that wore those Ted Thompson Sucks/swallows shirts to Lambeau disgust me. That kid and mostly his father that told Aaron Rodgers he sucks disgust me. Anybody that continues to bash on Aaron Rodgers at this point, after all the crap he had to endure these past few months... well, I'll just speak for him, as he was as right then as I am now... You just need to support Aaron Rodgers or shut up... it really is that simple. You may not believe it, but us Ted Thompson supporters got to listen to the Favre love-fest/TT hate-fest and grew so friggin' tired of it that many of us are absolutely convinced that those that continue to bash on Ted Thompson are not fans of the Green Bay Packers. Entitled to their opinion? Yes. Fans? NO. ... and if you think it wasn't wise to pay Aaron Rodgers this contract, this fan thinks you are either so biased against Ted Thompson and/or Aaron Rodgers that you cannot even recognize brilliance when it's staring you right in the face... so like my boy Aaron said, I think you ought to just shut up about it.... FOR ONCE.
dhazer
15 years ago

Ted Thompson's going to sign a bunch of his own guys and no FA's that could really help this team.

Get ready for a bunch of mediocre football.

This team may always be kind of good, but they will never be great, and they will never be Champions because of moves like this.

Ted Thompson doesn't understand what Ron Wolf did.

You build a nucleus of a team through the draft, and you put it over the top by signing KEY freee agents for need.

Ted Thompson is in love with himself so much he will only depend on the draft, and that will be his un-doing.

***edited***
Keep the stupid out of your posts, or I will remove it for you.
- Zero

"68md" wrote:

It's obvious you have no clue about pro football... as for
'moves like this" it's the ONLY way we stay competitive without a CBA in place.
If we listened to guys like you and Hazer we would have no chance of being competitive long term ...NONE. Please don't go away mad just go away.

"Roddyboy" wrote:

you maybe right but then again we would be competitive now and not be planning to be good in the future. seeing your so smart you should realize that the future never happens, so keep my name out of your comments. thank you

btw i liked the motley crue reference
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
68md
15 years ago
For the fools that want to no why the money was spent here it is from Florio BEFORE they signed him !!!:
One of the best receivers in the NFL wont be signing a new contract during the 2008 season.

Greg Jennings of the Packers says that he would like to wait until after the season to redo his deal, which expires following the 2009 campaign.

I dont want to be a distraction, Jennings said, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Im not trying to make a big deal out of anything that would take away from the team. I dont want to do any of that. If there is something going on, I dont even want to know about it.

Monday is the last day that teams can apply 2008 salary increases to the 2008 salary cap. As to any contracts negotiated after Monday, base salary increases for 2008 would result (we believe) in the proration of the amount over multiple cap years.

For the Packers, now would seem to be a good time to spend that $20 million or more in cap room, especially since theyve yet to reach the spending minimum.

In 2008, each team must spend 86.4 percent of the $116.2 million limit, which equates to $100.396 million. If the Packers are more than $20 million under the cap, then theyre $4 million or more away from achieving the salary floor.

Some teams will attempt to carry cap space over to 2009 via so-called Likely to Be Earned Incentives that, as a practical matter, wont be achieved in 2008. The union has balked about this practice in the past, and it could become an issue in the looming CBA negotiations.

With Jennings declining to do a new deal, were starting to wonder whether the union might be privately urging agents and players to refuse to do late-season contracts aimed at getting teams to the salary floor. A franchise like the Packers cant unilaterally burn cap space; there has to be a player who wants to receive the money.

Though few pro athletes are going to turn their noses up at a raise, players like Jennings could acquire a little additional leverage in the short term merely by being coy. Because if none of the 53 players on the team are interested in talking contract until after the season, the Packers will end up being in violation of the CBA.

Here's a link to the full article on Jennings position from jsonline:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/33618699.html 

With Jennings willing to wait out the season before cashing in, Ted Thompson needs to find someone (Rodgers?) to extend in order to avoid whatever penalty is imposed for not reaching the salary floor. As far as Greg's position, I hope his statement of not wanting to deal with the contract during the season because of the distraction is genuine. He and his agent both know that 2010 could be an uncapped year and if he continues the pace he's on, he would become a very rich man. By all appearances, Jennings seems to like playing for the Packers, but you never know...
dhazer
15 years ago

Ted Thompson has his shit together. He always has. Sorry he doesn't follow down the path of least resistance by resigning aged and/or non-commited football players. It would be very easy to do, as those players have contributed in the past, and the fanbase has an emotional attachment to them. Sorry he doesn't go out in the free agent market and sign "big splash" players in order to appease some folks need for off-season excitement. That would also be easy to do, as the fanbase leans toward the "big-name". He is doing what he has always done, QUIETLY doing the best thing for the Green Bay Packers, as he sees it at the time. Does he make mistakes? You bet he does. One Harrell of a lot fewer of them than he gets credit for, even when his critics have the complete luxury of 20/20 vision in HINDSIGHT. Those jerk-offs that wore those Ted Thompson Sucks/swallows shirts to Lambeau disgust me. That kid and mostly his father that told Aaron Rodgers he sucks disgust me. Anybody that continues to bash on Aaron Rodgers at this point, after all the crap he had to endure these past few months... well, I'll just speak for him, as he was as right then as I am now... You just need to support Aaron Rodgers or shut up... it really is that simple. You may not believe it, but us Ted Thompson supporters got to listen to the Favre love-fest/Ted Thompson hate-fest and grew so friggin' tired of it that many of us are absolutely convinced that those that continue to bash on Ted Thompson are not fans of the Green Bay Packers. Entitled to their opinion? Fans? NO. ... and if you think it wasn't wise to pay Aaron Rodgers this contract, this fan thinks you are either so biased against Ted Thompson and/or Aaron Rodgers that you cannot even recognize brilliance when it's staring you right in the face... so like my boy Aaron said, I think you ought to just shut up about it.... FOR ONCE.

"dfosterf" wrote:

hey sod where can i find one of those Ted Thompson sucks shirts? So let me get this straight if i don't love Ted Thompson and Rodgers i'm not a packer fan ? and no i won't shutup because as a fan i have a right to speak. Btw i don't agree with the contract make him play out his contarct and throw the franchise tag on him if he does well, hell they are paying him that money now anyhows.What happens if he has a season ending injury sunday you still going to stand behind your remarks?
UserPostedImage