wils0646
15 years ago

Your right the fans have no say so at all in what Ted Thompson does or he would be gone already. He really has proven much lately besides Jennings. But that my opinion. We the fans don't own the Packers we just pay the taxes for them.

"oskarliminga" wrote:

Do you even think before you post? What makes you think most fans don't like Ted Thompson? I think the haters are probably in the minority now.

Do you want me to post what Ted Thompson has done besides Jennings?

"wils0646" wrote:

Please do, if you can spare two minutes.

"dhazer" wrote:

See Warhawk's post:

I'll do it for you.

'05 Draft: Rodgers, Collins, Poppinga, Montgomery

'06 Draft: Hawk Colledge, Jennings, Spitz, Blackmon, Moll, Jolly

'07 Draft: Jackson, Rouse, Jones, Hall, Bishop, Crosby, Wynn, Harrell

'08 Puppies: Nelson, Brohm, Lee, Finley, Thompson, Sitton

He's brought in wasted humanity in Pickett, Woodson, and Chillar, and for some stupid reason made sure guys like Harris, Barnett, Kampman, Driver and other under achievers are probably stuck here for their entire worthless careers by signing them to extensions.

and people want to know what Ted Thompsons done lately?

Let's see.....ummmmm, how about build a team that's only gone 17-7 in the regular season over the last year and a half.

I agree. Let's fire his butt.

PS, I also forgot he spent a whole 6th round pick for a measly 1000 yrd rusher in Grant. That cements it for this moron for sure.

The Pack Will Be Back.
dfosterf
15 years ago

Back to the Jolly talk:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/33455504.html 

Jolly given until Dec. 2 to decide on trial
By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel

Oct. 28, 2008 1:44 p.m. |
Green Bay -- Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Johnny Jolly appeared in front of a Houston district court Tuesday, but did not have to offer a plea and will have a month to decide whether he wants to go to trial on felony drug possession charges

According to Houston assistant district attorney Donna Hawkins, a pre-trial motion day was scheduled for Dec. 2. At that hearing, a trial date will be set unless Jolly and his attorneys work out a plea agreement with the district attorney's office or Jolly pleads guilty.

The date of the hearing makes it appear likely that if Jolly has to go to trial it will occur after the season and he will not be restricted from playing with the Packers. In addition, the National Football League would probably not consider whether he violated the personal conduct policy until the trial occurs.

The new pre-trial motion date allows Jolly and his attorneys a little more than a month to reach a plea agreement if they so choose. Jolly won't have to make a guilty or not guily plea until the Dec. 2 hearing.

A grand jury found that there was enough evidence to indict Jolly, which means the district attorney's office can proceed with a trial. It's unknown whether there have been negotiations to reach a plea agreement thus far.

Jolly, 25, was arrested July 8 in Houston for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine. Shortly after his arrest, he posted $10,000 bond and was released. Jolly missed practice Monday to prepare for the court hearing, but his Packers responsibilities have otherwise been unaffected so far. The Packers' final regular season game is on Dec. 28. The post-season ends with the Super Bowl on Feb. 1

"wils0646" wrote:

We should have him the rest of the season. We definitely needed him.

I know it's apples and oranges, policies-wise...but what is making me real nervous is the bitchin' that will invariably occur by teams like the vikes if the commish were to suspend players like the Williams boys now or in the immediate future and leave Jolly out there playing. I mean, can't you just hear that argument now? 4 games for water pills while that Packer dude is skating along behind the legal system... they got a beef, imo. I just hope there is enough precedent set to somehow enable a legitimate argument to be made for his continued play this year, because you are 100% right, we need him.
wils0646
15 years ago

Back to the Jolly talk:

Green Bay -- Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Johnny Jolly appeared in front of a Houston district court Tuesday, but did not have to offer a plea and will have a month to decide whether he wants to go to trial on felony drug possession charges

According to Houston assistant district attorney Donna Hawkins, a pre-trial motion day was scheduled for Dec. 2. At that hearing, a trial date will be set unless Jolly and his attorneys work out a plea agreement with the district attorney's office or Jolly pleads guilty.

The date of the hearing makes it appear likely that if Jolly has to go to trial it will occur after the season and he will not be restricted from playing with the Packers. In addition, the National Football League would probably not consider whether he violated the personal conduct policy until the trial occurs.

The new pre-trial motion date allows Jolly and his attorneys a little more than a month to reach a plea agreement if they so choose. Jolly won't have to make a guilty or not guily plea until the Dec. 2 hearing.

A grand jury found that there was enough evidence to indict Jolly, which means the district attorney's office can proceed with a trial. It's unknown whether there have been negotiations to reach a plea agreement thus far.

Jolly, 25, was arrested July 8 in Houston for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine. Shortly after his arrest, he posted $10,000 bond and was released. Jolly missed practice Monday to prepare for the court hearing, but his Packers responsibilities have otherwise been unaffected so far. The Packers' final regular season game is on Dec. 28. The post-season ends with the Super Bowl on Feb. 1

"dfosterf" wrote:

"wils0646" wrote:

I know it's apples and oranges, policies-wise...but what is making me real nervous is the bitchin' that will invariably occur by teams like the vikes if the commish were to suspend players like the Williams boys now or in the immediate future and leave Jolly out there playing. I mean, can't you just hear that argument now? 4 games for water pills while that Packer dude is skating along behind the legal system... they got a beef, imo. I just hope there is enough precedent set to somehow enable a legitimate argument to be made for his continued play this year, because you are 100% right, we need him.

I'm not sure why. I know the commish does these by a case-by-case basis and both cases are definitely different.
The Pack Will Be Back.
longtimefan
15 years ago

Those bastards over at PPO dropped a dime on him. I commented over there that I didn't think it quite right that the Williams' boys should get in trouble over water pills when we have Johnny Jolly playing with this hanging over his head. The next time I go online, literally hours later, down comes this indictment. That's what I get for trying to extend an olive branch to those dirty biqueens. No more Mr. nice guy, they obviously have a closet vikings fan in the D.A.'s office, or those clowns probably mounted some sort of campaign against us... conspiracy theory mode on full throttle.....

"dhazer" wrote:

You got it all wrong lol. It was Brett that had the charge change. You know when he was on his Packer issued cell phone on a conference call with the vikings, matt millen, and the DA. He figured one of them would fix the Packers (this is a joke before i get slammed and called an asshole :pottytrain1: ) People remember we all knew this was coming and with hangman goddell Jolly will get punished i would say atleast 4 games.

Roddyboy wrote:
And I'm saying that "Doing a good job" is a relative thing.

Not all Packer fans think that he's doing a good job, Tripp...
Thats true.
Fortunately his job stald be gone won't be determined by a handful of hateful "packer fans".
It will be determined by people who care more about the Packer team and it's future.

Your right the fans have no say so at all in what Ted Thompson does or he would be gone already. He really has proven much lately besides Jennings. But that my opinion. We the fans don't own the Packers we just pay the taxes for them.

"dfosterf" wrote:

JFC

Can we stay the f&%^ on topic

Jolly might go to jail who wants him to be punished like the Williams guys will be?

Who thinks the nfl should wait till he goes to court to punish him

who thinks he should be suspended for life

Come on know grow the F^*&*^ up and let the damn Ted Thompson shit go for one GDF minute would ya
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
I come to the site at the end of the work day and see 3 pages on Jolly's troubles only to find 2 1/2 pages of Ted crap. Great. :xcensoredx:

Back to the Jolly talk:

"wils0646" wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

"wils0646" wrote:

I'm not sure why. I know the commish does these by a case-by-case basis and both cases are definitely different.

Both cases (or all three since the Williams boys are two separate cases and Jolly's is the 3rd.) are different.
If I am not mistaken, which I am a lot, the Williamses failed a drug test. Jolly did not.
Now Jolly had a sh!t lot of a controlled substance but he also has (had) a prescription for at least some of it.
The Williamses did not break any laws. Jolly may well have. Let's let the court decide that one.
Why Jolly had to be in that parking lot at that time of the night, or morning, is beyond me.
Even if he plea bargains out of trouble in TX he most likely will still face a penalty from The Commish.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
15 years ago
What exactly did Jolly do anyway? He mixed up a whopping kick me in the ass party drink from his prescription medication. If anything he's guilty of being a moron. Gee the cops are coming so I'll just keep holding this glass of narcotics. He deserves a couples games just for being a dumbass, but unfortunately those poor picked on Vikings will be the only ones punished this year.

I let Warhawk do most of my speaking when it comes to the Ted Thompson bashers, that boy has wicked skills. 18 months with Pyle took me to places I didn't like. But come on Ted Thompson haters, get some material to back up your arguments. Christ, you can't even use Wahle anymore, because what I watched from him in the Seattle game made me want to send Uncle Ted a love letter, signed Tromadz of course,. Another couple games from Favre like he played against KC las week, and you won't even be able to use getin rid of the legend anymore.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

What exactly did Jolly do anyway? He mixed up a whopping kick me in the ass party drink from his prescription medication. If anything he's guilty of being a moron. Gee the cops are coming so I'll just keep holding this glass of narcotics. He deserves a couples games just for being a dumbass, but unfortunately those poor picked on Vikings will be the only ones punished this year.

"DakotaT" wrote:

He had more then a script of the stuff from my understanding, more like enough for like 200 pills of the stuff was my understanding.
dfosterf
15 years ago

I come to the site at the end of the work day and see 3 pages on Jolly's troubles only to find 2 1/2 pages of Ted crap. Great. :xcensoredx:

Back to the Jolly talk:

"wpr" wrote:

"wils0646" wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

"wils0646" wrote:

Both cases (or all three since the Williams boys are two separate cases and Jolly's is the 3rd.) are different.
If I am not mistaken, which I am a lot, the Williamses failed a drug test. Jolly did not.
Now Jolly had a sh!t lot of a controlled substance but he also has (had) a prescription for at least some of it.
The Williamses did not break any laws. Jolly may well have. Let's let the court decide that one.
Why Jolly had to be in that parking lot at that time of the night, or morning, is beyond me.
Even if he plea bargains out of trouble in TX he most likely will still face a penalty from The Commish.

Part of what is very disconcerting is what did NOT happen today. I would imagine that Jolly's attorney has been working to try and get this plea'd downwards into misdemeanor-land, and it isn't happening. I have nothing really to go on, but it sure doesn't look promising. I would have liked to hear that they cut a deal, but then again, also in the pure speculation arena, it is also possible that it's a strategy to try and keep the hammer from falling during the season, which is what would occur I suppose if he did cop to a lesser charge. I hope my wished for scenario is accurate, the alternative could easily wipe out his NFL career, dependent upon just exactly what the hell was going on in that car... if this thing sticks in felony-land, he is going to get boar-hogged by the NFL in addition to probably doing time. The reason I keep thinking that is that 9 times out of 10 this crap would have already been reduced down if it was reasonably and even most times somewhat unreasonably arguable as a personal use possibility.
porky88
15 years ago
As long as he plays out this season I don't care about Jolly's personal problems right now.

In the off season though, GB will have to take a look at this. If they believe Jolly can change his ways, then he's worth hanging on. If not, then Jolly should be released.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I don't believe this is 'Jollys way' of doing things. From my understanding he does not have a habitual or even reoccurring problem with this and it was a one time thing.

I haven't read too much about it in the last month or so. I might be out of the loop on a few things. I've been focusing on the Packers season instead.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (34m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.