RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
I wonder what it is that makes Favre the obsession of the sports media AND football fans. I don't care what everyone says, 90% of football fans are obsessed with Brett Favre. You can complain all you want about how you the media coverage, etc. but when there is an article, column or news story on Brett Favre, everyone clicks on the web page.

Look at Google, search Brett Favre and go to news. Its unbelievable. There are columns and articles in every newspaper in North America. Some of the blogs I visit, the comments and hits on Favre stories are like triple than any other story. Look at this Forum, FOUR pages of comments on "reports".

Ray Ratto on CBS said it best - "Do we blame him for this? Yes, in the same way that we blame a gambler who has figured out that a dealer inadvertently shows the hole card. He knows he shouldn't look, but a flaw in the system allows him to."

And this isn't even a Favre press conference or whatever or something he came out and said. This is purely speculation. Maybe he told somebody, maybe he didn't, either way, why is the entire football world (including fans) obsessed with him. News outlets don't just obsess with things for no reason, they know it gets them hits and viewers. It is not a concidence that Favre's games are always the highest rated.
blank
Pack93z
13 years ago
My interest is purely in humor... I love watching people trip themselves over being the 'first' to report what they guy will do next.. odds are Werder is camped out on Brett's driveway with a telescope to see when Brett hits his outhouse. ;)

Oh.. there is this matter of paying back a little gnome this season. Zany gent.. but he humors me.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I answered this in an earlier thread.

I'm not really interested, but it is hilarious. Because its not us this time.

I do want Brett to come back. You can not be the best, until you've beaten the best. Vikings are the best in our division and when we beat them, I want them to have Brett at the helm. Then the Viking's fans have nothing to crow about. They can't say "wahh wahh we have no brett thats why you won".

Do I CARE if he retires? Yes and no. I'd like him to play, he's good for the league. If he actually retires, so be it. I won't lose any sleep over it either way he chooses.

My hope is he waffles back an forth a few times, driving Vikings fan's and players a like up the wall.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
13 years ago
I'm certainly not "obsessed" with Favre either. It's a story in the off season that is worth reading, but that's about it to me. I do find it completely ridiculous how crazy the media is going off largely unsubstantiated claims. Boggles my mind.

But yeah, other then just general interest, that's as far as it goes. There's not a ton of big news right now, and this is something they do for ratings I guess.

I do get tired of hearing about him, that's for sure. Whether it's his fault or not, I get tired of it. Old news to me.
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Deep down inside, I want Favre to play forever. Favre is older than I am. He is the only starting QB in the NFL older than I am. Jeff Feagles is older than Favre, but he's a Punter. I want at least one position player in the NFL older than me. I think there are a few other players, but nobody in the spotlight like Favre. Most people don't even know how Jeff Feagles is.

So keep playing Favre. You make me feel young. :thumbright:
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Feagles retired.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Feagles retired.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Nooooooo!!!
Dang it.

Favre better keep playing then.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Gravedigga
13 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I think you just nailed it zombie.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
4PackGirl
13 years ago

"Gravedigga" wrote:

"zombieslayer" wrote:

couldn't a 50 year old hooker do the same thing, zombie? just sayin...
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago

"4PackGirl" wrote:

"Gravedigga" wrote:

couldn't a 50 year old hooker do the same thing, zombie? just sayin...

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Just don't visit a high school. That will make you feel old and irrelevant. I worked on a couple projects in some high schools around the state. It made me feel old. When we work in office buildings, people can't help being sociable with you. For High School kids, it is an alien concept to them. It would be like trying to be sociable to a piece of furniture to them.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (8h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.