RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

That Favre has been proven to be dishonest in this instance changes his credibility. Or for Favre apologists it takes away plausible deniability.

The defenders have always said the it is Favre's word agains Glazer's in the Lionsgate story. Glazer put his employer's butts on the line with his story and if he lied, he and they could be sued. His claim that Favre went to several of the Packers opponents and divulged privileged information is actually against trade secret laws. Opponents including the Lions, who went on record, and some that didn't. (I read an article in a legal journal about it) Favre could sue if the story were a fabrication. Glazer stood by the story and Favre denied it. Since this is a more significant issue than some leaked texts and Favre was obviously willing to lie about them. The conclusion could be reached that Favre did indeed leak his reads and keys to several of the Packers opponents in '08. Sabotaging them and Rodgers in his first year.

Since Bevel admitted that the Vikings were also in contact with Favre before his demand to be reinstated, one could also infer that they were one of the other off the record teams Favre tried to help beat the Packers.

That is why Favre's credibility matters. Nothing he claims can be believed as true. Not that is is believed to be a lie, but not credible. So if someone says Favre is not telling the truth. The conclusion is that unless the other party has proven to be as big of a liar as Favre, it is credible.

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

My point exactly. If you all of this ammunition with Lionsgate or whatever and you have already proven to yourself that he is capable of lying, then why do you need this particular hypothetical to once again prove he is capable of lying. Thats what I am not getting. If this text thing is your strongest proof that Favre is capable of lying (when ALL human beings are capable of lying), I don't know what ot tell you.

Also, I assume you are not actually making that point but if part of what your saying is that Rodgers failed in his first because Favre gave other teams hints, Rodgers is pathetic and so is the Packers coaching staff. Every year players go from one team to another, you adjust every year. You don't think McNabb is going to tell the Redskins about the Eagles playbook, etc. Sharper went from the Packers to the Vikings, shouldn't you just naturally evolve the defense or the offense?

And if your point is that they didn't expect Favre to tell other teams, when he's friends with Matt Millan and they know he dislikes them, they're stupid too. YOUR AN NFL F'N COACH, PREPARE.
blank
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

Re: subjunctive.

If Voldemort lies, he shows himself capable of lying. That's all Rourke is saying. Right?

"Wade" wrote:

Thats what the last 6 pages have been about? Really? There is an underlying assumption there then that Favre has never shown himself capable of lying before. You wouldn't need a theory if something has already been proven. I'm SURE Favre has lied about things in the past and I'm sure TT/MM have too (e.g., player injuries). Everyone in the world is capable of lying, we really need a hypothetical text lie to prove that?

I don't know how we even got sidetracked on all of this (and subjunctive mood will be the schism of 2010, lol) but all I am trying to say is take all these media reports about Favre with a grain of salt. Mariucci said this, Weder said that, Schefter said this, Glazer said that, etc. They're not facts.

For example, lets say Favre plays this year and plays for $13 million. All those reports in which they said Favre got $20 million and all of the columns and posts about his greed will be forgotten. In that case, would Favre really turn down SEVEN million dollars to discredit a media report? But the whole point is, we won't know until he returns, so why so much hate and opinions on stuff that is reported by "anonymous sources". Let's just let it play out.
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

All I am saying is taking everything you read about Favre with a grain of salt. Or a pound of salt.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Or perhaps one of these salt blocks upside the head? :)

UserPostedImage
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

All I am saying is taking everything you read about Favre with a grain of salt. Or a pound of salt.

"Wade" wrote:

Or perhaps one of these salt blocks upside the head? :)

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Lol, I feel like hitting myself with that right now. I wish I could go back and take back all my time and effort on this thread if it really was to say that Favre is capable of lying in a hypothetical.

I'm with Zero, lock it please, lol. I do not have the self-restraint to stop posting on it, so I am like a child, take away my toy.
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I'm with Zero, lock it please, lol. I do not have the self-restraint to stop posting on it, so I am like a child, take away my toy.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

I'm in the same boat my friend, lol.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Do you really have a boat? Or was that a lie? Can we infer from this lie that you lied about other things? Are you even really a packer fan? Hmmmm, I wonder............
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

"Gravedigga" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Do you really have a boat? Or was that a lie? Can we infer from this lie that you lied about other things? Are you even really a packer fan? Hmmmm, I wonder............

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Am I a Packer fan? Look around the website you're on slapnuts.That's right, I went there!!
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"Gravedigga" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Am I a Packer fan? Look around the website you're on slapnuts.That's right, I went there!!

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Lol. Sorry man, you lied. I can never believe anything you say again.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Pack93z
13 years ago
And some admin was complaining about a Packer related thread.. lol.. this has been pared down already and shows no sign of slowing down.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
13 years ago
When somebody whips out a derrogatory name used by the wrestler Jeff Jarrett (slapnuts), one of my personal favorties BTW, the gloves are off.
UserPostedImage