Zero2Cool
13 years ago
http://www.whosay.com/ChrisMortensen/content/1757?code=UTN3ce 

Just relayed on SportsCenter and ESPNews that Vikings All-Pro DE Jared Allen wants Favre to make a decision by week 3 preseason game out of fairness to the team and Tavaris Jackson.

UserPostedImage
longtimefan
13 years ago
hmmm Bretts official board owner is SAYING

'I'm beginning to wonder if Minnesota has tired of Favre? The way the Minnesota press has turned on him and now today Jarrod Allen. Im a little surprised one of his own teammates would trash him. After all they of all people should know the toll 20 plus years of hits can take on you. The Vikings have never gone anywhere, whats the big deal?"

Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Heh, one of the comments on that Twitter feed is amusing:

Das sollte Torsten Frings auch mal bei zil machen! Deadline setzen: "Bis hierhin und nicht weiter, Freundchen! Fertig werden, Mesut!"

"Bjrn Brnstrup" wrote:

Translation:

Torsten Frings should do the same thing with zil! Set a deadline: "This far and no further, my friend! Get over it, Mesut!"

"Bjrn Brnstrup" wrote:

(Torsten Frings and Mesut zil are players on the German football team. It would appear from this comment that zil has been indecisive about his return to the squad.)
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago
It's hard to take Allen serious on this.. due to his almost constant joking manner. Whatever, though.. I just want the season to kick off already.

Also would like to add that I'm completely comfortable with either Favre or Jackson taking the reins of the Vikings.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I think Allen was serious and I don't think he's out of line at all. What he says is something everyone already thinks and realizes. The difference is, he's on the Vikings and said it publicly.

There's no harm in his words.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
13 years ago
No....no.....ONLY Brett Favre is allowed to speak his mind. NO ONE else.
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
It's getting kind of hard not to say "I told you so" in the general direction of Minnesota. The teams and fan base really had the, "No pressure, everything is cool, he can do what he wants and we're just happy to be near enough to sniff his jock" attitude going quite well for a while.

But you can't avoid the drama.

I'm sure everyone on the team has an opinion. We've only heard a few of them speak out publicly. A certain Vikings board has a 25 page thread arguing about Favre since the "retirement" talk a week or two ago.

This is all after ONE offseason. Welcome to what used to be our world. Imagine it for 3-4 years.
UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
How is Allen trashing him, that Board Owner or whatever is an idiot.

Allen wasnt mad, he didnt say Favre was selfish, he just said he believes team needs to know by 3rd pre game, Mortensen tweeted. Allen said he felt a decision was important out of fairness to the team and (backup quarterback) Tarvaris Jackson.

Brett Favre and Childress have already said they have a deadline in mind and that Favre knows the exact deadline. I really doubt that Favre is going to wait to make a decision after the 3rd pre game anyway. I would be shocked if this deadline they've set is sometime after the 3rd pre game. Thats weeks away. Allen is just stating the obvious.

If this counts for as Favre news these days, wow.

Overall, I love how the Vikings organization is so obsessed and careful with a Packers legend, lol. How funny is that someone as candid and frank as Allen words something so obvious so carefully as to not insult Favre, lol.
blank
Formo
13 years ago

It's getting kind of hard not to say "I told you so" in the general direction of Minnesota. The teams and fan base really had the, "No pressure, everything is cool, he can do what he wants and we're just happy to be near enough to sniff his jock" attitude going quite well for a while.

But you can't avoid the drama.

I'm sure everyone on the team has an opinion. We've only heard a few of them speak out publicly. A certain Vikings board has a 25 page thread arguing about Favre since the "retirement" talk a week or two ago.

This is all after ONE offseason. Welcome to what used to be our world. Imagine it for 3-4 years.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Yeah.. well I still have the 'cool' attitude. I'm not sure if you are referencing PP.O.. but I reminded them at how retarded they all sounded in that Favre thread.. and was completely ignored. That's fine though. Just know that not EVERY Viking fan is 'up in arms' over Favre and whether or not he'll be back.

If I remember correctly, he didn't even show up to practice until after the first preseason game anyway.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
zombieslayer
13 years ago

It's hard to take Allen serious on this.. due to his almost constant joking manner. Whatever, though.. I just want the season to kick off already.

Also would like to add that I'm completely comfortable with either Favre or Jackson taking the reins of the Vikings.

"Formo" wrote:

If Jackson leads your team, we sweep you guys and there won't be much fight for 1st place in the NFC North.

I'd much rather Favre play for 2 reasons:
1) he's my fave player,
2) I want us to EARN the NFC North, not just win it because da Bears suck, the Lions are rebuilding, and the Vikings are on the decline.

#2 is like the difference between earning a million bucks and finding it in a suitcase. Although the latter would be nice, the former will give you more self-respect.

Do you really think the Vikings will be ok with TJ leading your O? Now, he's not a bad QB. He's just not a good QB. You won't go far with him. I thought you even admitted that a while back.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (22h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
56m / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.