mkapp
15 years ago
Grant did a good job washing out the lineman on the TD pass to Kuhn too
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
And to think.. IRing him last season.. and temporarily cutting his behind this season may have woke this fellow up.. he never lacked the physical tools... just the desire and mental focus.

Round of applause is due.. both to Wynn and how he was handled.. something needed to change.. and maybe it has for good.

Nice thread Ironman..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
See guys, THIS is the kind of discussions and threads that made me want a Packers website. This is some most excellent stuff.

Sadly, I have nothing else to contribute to it because I was busy babysitting during the game. lol

I did like Wynn when we drafted him. I thought he was going to be a good player for us, then he embarrassed me! I hope he continues his improvement and stays healthy. I like watching him run through people. He's kind of like a Brandon Jacosbs I think.
UserPostedImage
gakko
15 years ago
It's a wonder no one picked him off our PS. Like the Steelers.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago

It's a wonder no one picked him off our PS. Like the Steelers.

"gakko" wrote:

I think reputation to date played a large role.. with a solid season under him and good coaching reviews.. this kid has a future in this game. I hope he seizes it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
warhawk
15 years ago

He was solid. McCarthy even touched on it in his PC yesterday.

(How much catching up does Wynn have to do, or is he in good shape from being on the practice squad?)
DeShawn Wynn was moved up on Saturday afternoon and ended up playing in the game on Sunday. I think if you just look at the touchdown play, the blitz pickup that he had in the game, I think that there is a great example of someone that has been here but that's taken advantage of his reps.

"IronMan" wrote:

Check out the TD play to Jennings. (at 1:33)
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b9672a 

Watching this I will say one thing I saw on the fumble by Rodgers. Wynn chipped and rolled out to the right and Rodgers was going there but tucked it and ended up fumbling.

If you replay it you see Rodgers was going to Wynn but DeShawn hadn't turned around yet causing Rodgers to pull it back. I wondered about that when watching the game because I saw Wynn out there open and for a second it looked like Rodgers was going to get him the ball.

This is not so much of a negative shot at Wynn in that with more PT he will get better at the little things that can make a play successful or blow up in your face. I like him in that he may do all three things run, block, catch, better as a total package than any RB we have.
"The train is leaving the station."
WhiskeySam
15 years ago
The big question with Wynn is can he stay healthy?
Nemo me impune lacessit
gbpfan
15 years ago
that is a good point his health issue hope he does rotation can help
earthquake
15 years ago
I would say the unsung hero of the game was LOW PENALTIES. Only 5 for 45 yards, seems like this was the only game so far that they had less than 10 penalties.
blank
evad04
15 years ago

He was solid. McCarthy even touched on it in his PC yesterday.

(How much catching up does Wynn have to do, or is he in good shape from being on the practice squad?)
DeShawn Wynn was moved up on Saturday afternoon and ended up playing in the game on Sunday. I think if you just look at the touchdown play, the blitz pickup that he had in the game, I think that there is a great example of someone that has been here but that's taken advantage of his reps.

"warhawk" wrote:

Check out the TD play to Jennings. (at 1:33)
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b9672a 

"IronMan" wrote:

Watching this I will say one thing I saw on the fumble by Rodgers. Wynn chipped and rolled out to the right and Rodgers was going there but tucked it and ended up fumbling.

If you replay it you see Rodgers was going to Wynn but DeShawn hadn't turned around yet causing Rodgers to pull it back. I wondered about that when watching the game because I saw Wynn out there open and for a second it looked like Rodgers was going to get him the ball.

This is not so much of a negative shot at Wynn in that with more PT he will get better at the little things that can make a play successful or blow up in your face. I like him in that he may do all three things run, block, catch, better as a total package than any RB we have.

Nice point. I was yelling at the TV on that fumble. I didn't know why Rodgers hadn't thrown it to Wynn in the flats. If it's as you say -- that he hadn't turned around yet -- it makes sense.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (43m) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (10h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (17h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (18h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (22h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.