MassPackersFan
13 years ago
GBPG link 

Report: Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre needs ankle surgery, weighing retirement option

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has learned that he needs surgery on his left ankle to play this season, according to an ESPN report. He is weighing whether to have surgery or just retire.

Favre said the injury happened during the NFC Championship Game against the New Orleans Saints. The ankle remained swollen and painful, so the quarterback had more tests, ESPN reported.

According to an e-mail Favre sent to ESPN, he said he had spoken with the Vikings and that this decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and entire Vikings staff. One year truly felt like 10 much like Green Bay for many years.

He wouldnt reveal the exact diagnosis or prognosis on how long recovery would take.

It doesn't surprise me that one year in Minnesota would feel like a decade. 😉
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
What does he mean by the one year felt like ten, much like in Green Bay? That he got super comfortable in one year or one year was hell and felt like ten?
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
The last line  bothers me more than the ten year..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
13 years ago
Packers' Barnett encouraging Favre 

by Kevin Seifert

Green Bay linebacker Nick Barnett put out an all-points bulletin Friday via Twitter:

Somebody tell Brett to have that surgery so I can make up for last year!!!

Consider it done.

Pack93z
13 years ago
And his contradictory nature continues.. unless Werder fabricated some of his e-mail.

Off Brett Web Site ...

I want to add to the information provided in the article that was published this morning on ESPNs website. Given the reaction to the article, and the typical conclusion jumping, I thought Id clarify a few things.

While my ankle has been bothering me, the injury is not debilitating. For example, Im able to work around my property without any problems. Sure certain exercises cause some ankle pain, but its nothing that I havent experienced (or played with) before. In fact, many people dont realize that I injured my ankle before the NFC Championship game. Ive had surgery on this ankle twice before, and Ive played with the pain before. The hits I took throughout the 2009 season, including the Saints game, just added to the ankle pain and likely caused some bone spurs.

I dont believe major surgery on the ankle would be required for me to return in 2010. Ive consulted with Dr. Andrews on the phone, and a relatively minor procedure could be done to improve the dexterity of the ankle, and to relieve the pain. Ive put up with pain worse than this in my career, and I didnt want anyone to assume that the possibility of surgery was the sole factor that would determine whether I return or not. Some people reacting to the ESPN story have made this assumption. I dont blame them for doing so, given that the term surgery often covers a variety of procedures, some more complex than others.

The ankle pain is a factor, but one of many factors that Ill need to consider in making my decision. Other factors include the input of my family, and the wonderful experience that I had last year with the Vikings.

-- Brett Favre

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Am I the only one who thinks these emails don't sound like they were actually written by Favre himself? I wonder who ghost writes his public releases.
UserPostedImage
MassPackersFan
13 years ago

What does he mean by the one year felt like ten, much like in Green Bay? That he got super comfortable in one year or one year was hell and felt like ten?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I'm pretty sure he means that he felt comfortable and "welcome" there. I just prefer the other interpretation.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks these emails don't sound like they were actually written by Favre himself? I wonder who ghost writes his public releases.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Keep in mind that it's easier to sound 'clean' in an email than it is vocally. In email, you can touch things up, use spell check, or just spell things out that you would normally lump together. Which would correct certain phrases... Vocally - t'was, Email - it was.

People think that Brett is 100% computer dumb and can't type. That's not completely accurate. You can debate that your own way.

With that said, with this specific email, I'm willing to bet my left testicle was worded by Brett, typed by Deanna. Why? Because Brett doesn't care for typing.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
Apparently Zero knows Deanna likes to type... UserPostedImage

With that said, with this specific email, I'm willing to bet my left testicle was worded by Brett, typed by Deanna. Why? Because Brett doesn't care for typing.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.