13 years ago
If you want a hotel room right near Lambeau, you have to order the day the shedule comes out. I think a room within a couple blocks goes for a couple hundred or so, and I think there's a two night minimum for most/all of them near the stadium.

Tickets for a SF game shouldn't be TOO bad on the resale market, since they aren't a rival, unless it's the home opener. You can usually get decent seats for $100-150 for most games.
gbguy20
13 years ago
If it's your first time at lambeau a trip thru the hall of fame and dinner at curly's pub is more than worth it, both really add to the experience. It gets expensive though so once is probably all you will need.
13 years ago
The stadium tour is worth it too. It's not too much money ($11) and you get to enter the field through the players' tunnel. It runs the day before and after games.
Pack93z
13 years ago
Where are you flying into? If Central Wisconsin Airport.. the traffic is lighter on Hwy 29.. making getting back out of Green Bay quicker..

Wausau is only a hour and a half away on 29 these days and you could get a ton more room for your money..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
gijoe82
13 years ago
Thanks guys for all of your help and advice. Nothing (obviously with the schedule not even being out) is set in stone for us. I work agriculture so if its an earlier season game it might be a no go. I am hoping its in the month of October. Good month for me and the weather. If the weather is good, I am thinking of flying myself out there!
I will keep everyone updated. I expect to meet some of you if we do make it! And Zero, I owe you at least a beer for hosting this site and the games every week!
blank
nerdmann
13 years ago

Thanks guys for all of your help and advice. Nothing (obviously with the schedule not even being out) is set in stone for us. I work agriculture so if its an earlier season game it might be a no go. I am hoping its in the month of October. Good month for me and the weather. If the weather is good, I am thinking of flying myself out there!
I will keep everyone updated. I expect to meet some of you if we do make it! And Zero, I owe you at least a beer for hosting this site and the games every week!

"gijoe82" wrote:

Wausau also has skiing, if there's snow.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
IronMan
13 years ago
I usually stay at the Bay Motel and Restaurant when I go to Green Bay. Its the best value I have found. Its $100 a night for the first two nights, and $45 for each night after that. It is also only one mile from Lambeau. (15 minute walk).
As for tickets, I would only use the local ticket brokers like Titletown Tickets, Packer Fan Tours, and the Ticket King. They won't rip you off. Stubhub is also safe, as they have a "fan protection" ticket guarantee.
sangill
13 years ago
Hi guys. My brother and I are planning a trip to the states. Right now we are planning on going sometime in September or October. The thing is that I could sure use some help with the planning. We are bringing our pops by the way, so its going to be a really manly vacation hopefully.

Nothing is set in stone, but me being a huge Packfan, we are definitely coming to Green Bay either in the beginning of our vacation or in the end. Right now Im kinda hoping that we will be around for the Minnesota game. Anyways, how do I go about getting tickets for the game? At which point in time should I buy them and what is the usual going rate for tickets - in other words, when are they usually cheap or fairly priced? Any recommendations as to where to stay would be awesome. Restaurants, bars and alike would be great as well. Tailgaiting ditto. No minors on the trip by the way, so thats not a thing to consider on the barfront. ;)

If theres any "must sees" I would love to know about those as well.

I know Im not the most active poster or lurker for that matter (I used to be a bigtime lurker though), but I really hope you dont mind helping a brother out anyway. Its my first trip to Green Bay and its my first NFL game and I cant wait!

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance bigtime!
blank
IronMan
13 years ago
Welcome to the forum!!

Tickets, as you know, are sold out on a season ticket basis. You would be purchasing your tickets from a season ticket holder, through websites like Titletown Tickets , Packer Fan Tours,   or Stubhub .

Those are the three I would recommend. Packer Fan Tours, and Titletown Tickets are both locally owned in Green Bay, and reputable. And Stubhub is another safe option as well.

As for pricing, tickets usually range anywhere from $85-$200 or more. The marquee match ups (Packers/Vikings, Packers/Cowboys, Packers/Bears, will always be more expensive; while home games against the Bills, Lions, and Niners, will be the cheapest.

As for when they tend to be cheapest, you will just have to check often, as the prices can and will fluctuate.

If you purchase any tickets, you will not receive them until after August 1st, as that is when they are mailed out to the season ticket holders.

Websites I do NOT recommend, are Ebay, and Craigslist. With Ebay, people tend to over bid on the tickets and you end up paying way more than they are worth. And with craigslist, you just never know what you are going to get. The websites I suggested, are safe, reputable, and they will NOT rip you off. I have used Titletown tickets the most, as they tend to have the cheapest prices.

As for hotels, I have tried a few different ones and have usually went with the Bay Motel , as they give you the best deal, as far as price and quality. All the hotels in Green bay will have a two night minimum on Packer weekends. Usually the first two nights will be $100 or more, with any additional night being around $50+. One hotel I would not recommend would be the Road Starr Inn right across from Lambeau. It is over priced, and not very nice.

Or if you don't mind a 20 minute drive, you can stay in Appleton, which is about 25 miles from Green Bay, and the hotels are cheaper. I always stay in Green Bay because I like being close to everything.

Another thing you could try, is booking a hotel, and flight through websites like www.orbitz.com. Sometimes you can get a good deal if you book both at the same time.

As for places to go in Green Bay (bars, restaurants, etc) you can't go wrong anywhere you go really. The burgers at Bentley's are absolutely outstanding, I will say that.

One thing you will want to do is the Lambeau Field Stadium tour. They do tours everyday except for game days, and you get to walk through the players tunnel, and onto the Frozen Tundra, as well as tour the luxury suites.

Sorry for the long winded response. I am sure there will be others that will have suggestions as well. Feel free to ask an other questions you may have. I hope you get to make the trip, and I am sure if you do, you will have a blast!
macbob
13 years ago
A friend/former coworker who lives down this way is a season ticket holder, and some family are coming in for New Years. So my son and I are going to get the opportunity to go to the game (thanks to a VERY understanding wife).

This will be my first game watched in Lambeau (I've seen them play as visitors, with the game at KC being the most memorable as it looked like there was more green/gold in the stadium than red).

Anyway, figured this was the best group to ask on where to go/what to do. We'll probably fly in on 1 Jan. Any suggestions for places to stay, things to do (Packers-wise) Sat and/or before the game on Sun, keeping in mind, I'll have a 14 yr old with me?

And speaking of the 14 yr old--until a couple of years ago, Favre was the only QB for the Packers he had known for his entire life. He still wears his Favre jersey while watching Packer games (including the Minnesota game a couple of weeks ago). I've been thinking he might not ever get over the trade when going into the game, he was saying he hoped Minn lost, but that Favre played well.

Well, I think he might finally be over it. During the game, Brett was hit by one of the linebackers and planted in the ground. My son jumped up, raised his hand over his head, and shouted "Take that, Favre!"

I think it's time to get him an Aaron Rodgers jersey.
UserPostedImage